• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 21-23, 2016 events?

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
We booked a trip for January 19-23 and are looking to change resort and noticed that BCV, BWV, & BLT 1bdr are all missing the 21st-23rd. Does anyone know of anything happening those two days? I could understand if they were weekends or even the beginning/end of the week but they are right in the middle.

I have a waitlist but it just seemed odd

thanks

They are the nights before a holiday weekend- also many schools have some time off around that time period for the end of semester- once they have exams so more students could be off from school. At 4 months out I am not surprised you are missing some nights for a trip.

Therre is no WDW event going on at that time.The second half of January is low point costs and near park resorts are fairly easy to get at 7 months out -- first half is difficult through marathon weekend -- and large numbers of members from other resorts take advantage of that at or near 7 months out. Though 1BRs are often open longer than other rooms, those too can disappear and what you are seeing now only 4 months out is not unusual. The nights filled are not really out of whack with those not filled for which there is likely only at most a couple rooms left.

Last edited:
Hi. I just started a Face Book group, "Disney January 2016 Planning Group". Come join us if you're on FaceBook. Its just starting out but hopefully we can get others to join.

We booked at various resorts for Jan 3-22. Knowing it is a "quiet" time of year I was astounded when we tried to change from a 1BR to a 2BR on Jan 8-10 and found the whole property was sold out except for a 2BR at VWL. Marathon weekend. Then I tried the following weekend at it too was booked due to MLK. So much for the parks being empty....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter