• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 20th 2014 Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas

Link worked for me. I got the two PMs from Amanda and Miss Daisy. Could not find Amanda on FB and sent Miss Daisy a message on FB. FB would not let me add Miss Daisy using her name. It asked for an email address to send the invite.

Am I doing this wrong? It was easy to add Bob because he's in my FB friend list. Is that the problem?

All help/suggestions are welcome :confused3:thumbsup2
Thanks -
Caryn

Link worked for me. I got the two PMs from Amanda and Miss Daisy. Could not find Amanda on FB and sent Miss Daisy a message on FB. FB would not let me add Miss Daisy using her name. It asked for an email address to send the invite.

Am I doing this wrong? It was easy to add Bob because he's in my FB friend list. Is that the problem?

All help/suggestions are welcome :confused3:thumbsup2
Thanks -
Caryn

Is it a "secret" group, or a "private" group? I've set up private groups before, and people could just click on the name and ask to join. If it's a secret group, maybe we have to be FB friends to add? I sent you my email. Thanks!

I *think* it was a broken link because the group is only viewable by members. I made it a 'Private' group and changed the name to 'January Magic Trip' to make it more generic. I hope that works, Amanda.

Thanks --
Caryn

I *think* it was a broken link because the group is only viewable by members. I made it a 'Private' group and changed the name to 'January Magic Trip' to make it more generic. I hope that works, Amanda.

Thanks --
Caryn

I just requested to join!!

Welcome to the Disney Magic January 20th 2014 Disboard Meet up!!

We will be experiencing the newly refurbished Magic.

If you are joining the group feel free to post below. I will keep a list at the top of the thread!

CONFIRMED, PACKING THEIR BAGS
DVC_Corrys DH, DW, DS(2), DD (6 mo)
Veronica13 DW, DH, DD (4), DD (4) DBro
lfishe3 DW, DH
MissDaisyofTexas DW, DH, DS9, DS6 and DS3
BBQMommy DH, DW, DD9
ScrapbookingAmanda DW, DH, DS(9), and DD(7)

ON THE FENCE

WISHING THEY WERE GOING
Everyone Else

List updated with BBQMommy's "new" old name!!

Thank you -- I'll stick with this one. pirate:

Is anyone thinking of doing the Castaway Cay 5K? I am planning on it. Wanted to last time and ended up not doing it.:sad2:

Caryn

Thank you -- I'll stick with this one. pirate:

Is anyone thinking of doing the Castaway Cay 5K? I am planning on it. Wanted to last time and ended up not doing it.:sad2:

Caryn

Yes, I'm going to do the 5k! I did it last year on our Dream cruise. This time, I'm going to pack a bag of clothes with me and shower/change on the island (last year, I went back to the ship to shower/change and picked up my daughter from the nursery--between the race and getting ready, half of the day was gone).

I'm tempted to try the 5k. It would be fun to say that I had done it. I'm definitely not in shape to do it now, I'll have to dust off my C25k app and get busy!

We are booked for this cruise! My kids have a 2 day school week and I couldn't pass up the price.

We were on the 8 day Bahamas cruise, out of Galveston, on the Magic for Spring Break and can't wait to see the new changes.

My family is: Me, DH, DS (13), & DD (10). This is cruise #11 for Me, #9 for DH & DD and cruise #8 for DS.

I haven't told the family about this cruise yet, but did say that we are going to go away for our January break. I did mention going to Port Canaveral just to do the things we never get to do when we are there before a cruise. Like Nasa and just visiting the area. Another idea is going to Universal or WDW a few days before the cruise and then just springing it on them.

I'm going to have to come up with something. :confused3

My DH and I are in! We were just talking about how much fun it would be to run it together (these days we are rarely without our dynamic duo;)) Looking forward to the great location and to treating myself to an "I Finished Tee"!

Welcome Tiffany! :yay: Glad to have you guys aboard. Feel free to come hang out in our facebook group. I think it will be an awesome surprise whichever way you decide to spring it on them.

If you are joining the group feel free to post below. I will keep a list at the top of the thread!

lfishe3 DW, DH
BBQMommy DH, DW, DD9
LuvTheEars DW, DH, DS (13), & DD (10)

ON THE FENCE

WISHING THEY WERE GOING
Everyone Else

The list is growing!!!!

There's no charge! When I ran it last year, they gave out medals to all the finishers. The shops at CC also have a CC5k t-shirt you can buy. Before the race, we had a big group photo with Goofy.

Awesome!! Do you know what time it starts at and how long it lasts approximately?

Awesome!! Do you know what time it starts at and how long it lasts approximately?

On the Dream last year, the runners had to meet in a lounge at 8:30 a.m. We had a group photo outside, then walked to the starting line. I think it started around 9:10 a.m. Then it just depends on how fast you run it. I went back to the ship afterwards to shower and pick up my daughter from the nursery. Next time, I will just bring a change of clothes with me and shower on the island.

Since our cruise is in the winter, I'm not sure if it will start later or not.

I'm going on the cruise ... Excited about all the fun! I'm veronica13's brother! Requested to join the super secret FB page!

junkqueen here. Figured out my old ID :blush: Would not let me post a link with only 5 posts (good rule).

Here is the super-secret Facebook group. If you're on the list here and want to join, please ask to join and I'll get you in. If anyone else would like to co-admin, that's great, too!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/365901016855337/

We can change the name of the group once we get some members. The two members presently are me and my husband. pirate:

Caryn

Just requested to be added to the FB group.

lfishe3 DW, DH
BBQMommy DH, DW, DD9
LuvTheEars DW, DH, DS (13), & DD (10)
adamthefirst brother to Veronica13

ON THE FENCE

WISHING THEY WERE GOING
Everyone Else

Updated again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter