January 20th 2014 Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas

DVC_Corrys

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Disney Magic January 20th 2014 Disboard Meet up!!

We will be experiencing the newly refurbished Magic.

If you are joining the group feel free to post below. I will keep a list at the top of the thread!

CONFIRMED, PACKING THEIR BAGS
DVC_Corrys DH, DW, DS(2), DD (6 mo)
Veronica13 DW, DH, DD (4), DD (4) DBro
lfishe3 DW, DH
MissDaisyofTexas DW, DH, DS9, DS6 and DS3
BBQMommy DH, DW, DD9
ScrapbookingAmanda DW, DH, DS(9), and DD(7)
LuvTheEars DW, DH, DS (13), & DD (10)
adamthefirst brother to Veronica13

ON THE FENCE

WISHING THEY WERE GOING
Everyone Else

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Hey There,
We are a family of 4 (myself, DH, DD(4@sailing) DD(4@sailing) plus 1 (my Bro)who will also be sailing on the Disney Magic on Jan 20, 2014. This will be our first cruise and we are super excited.
We are looking forward to getting to know our fellow passengers, the FE exchange (I have been doing my research) and welcome any tips or suggestions from seasoned veterans:)

Hey There,
We are a family of 4 (myself, DH, DD(4@sailing) DD(4@sailing) plus 1 (my Bro)who will also be sailing on the Disney Magic on Jan 20, 2014. This will be our first cruise and we are super excited.
We are looking forward to getting to know our fellow passengers, the FE exchange (I have been doing my research) and welcome any tips or suggestions from seasoned veterans:)

Welcome!!! I have added you to the list!!! You should be excited, these cruises are the best!!!

Hello again!
I was wondering about your thoughts on going ashore in Nassau, Have you been? I have read mixed reviews and with such a short trip I am wondering if we should take advantage of the activities onboard the ship and look forward to Castaway Cay for relaxing on the beach.
Also, we are planning a land and sea and we are thinking of staying at the Contemporary, have you stayed there? I know that it has been recently refurbished, what we are looking for is great access to Magic Kingdom (since we will probably spend most of our time there and comfort with enough magic to keep the girls happy. Anyway, Love to hear your thoughts. TIA!

Hello again!
I was wondering about your thoughts on going ashore in Nassau, Have you been? I have read mixed reviews and with such a short trip I am wondering if we should take advantage of the activities onboard the ship and look forward to Castaway Cay for relaxing on the beach.
Also, we are planning a land and sea and we are thinking of staying at the Contemporary, have you stayed there? I know that it has been recently refurbished, what we are looking for is great access to Magic Kingdom (since we will probably spend most of our time there and comfort with enough magic to keep the girls happy. Anyway, Love to hear your thoughts. TIA!

We have been to Nassau once, it wasn't bad at all. We actually took a cab to the Sheraton on Cable Beach and rented a day room. It is $100 and includes a room and use of the pool and beach. It was great for coming back and showering, baby taking a nap. It is out of the way and was not crowded at all (we were there in September).

My DW and I own at Bay Lake, the DVC villa next to the Contemporary. Based on how old your children are you should totally stay there. You will spend a majority of your time in the Magic Kingdom (IMHO). It is very modern for Disney theming but we love it. The walk is about 5 minutes to the front gate. When you come back at afternoon/night you can hop on the monorail so the kiddos can rest. I recommend the DVC units since they are bigger. You can book through Disney or rent points (cheaper). When you rent you are treated like a time share guest so you only get house keeping every few days.

Let me know what other questions you have!

We will definitely try for the Contemporary b/c of the access we will have to the Magic Kingdom. Having grown up in SoCal with Disneyland in my backyard, I have only ventured to WDW once and had know idea you could walk from any of the Disney hotels to the park in 5 minutes. We have not purchased our land package b/c our DCL agent said that the 2014 pricing will not be released until late summer;until then I will research renting points for the dvc units. Thanks again, Veronica

If you are joining the group feel free to post below. I will keep a list at the top of the thread!

ON THE FENCE

WISHING THEY WERE GOING
Everyone Else

My husband and I are confirmed! This is our second Disney Cruise. We were on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in Jan. Something we really enjoyed was the FE group. I'm hoping we can get one going for this cruise as well.

My husband and I are confirmed! This is our second Disney Cruise. We were on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in Jan. Something we really enjoyed was the FE group. I'm hoping we can get one going for this cruise as well.

I added you to the list. I was hoping to get a FE list going as well!!

Aloha!

Just switched from an October Dream cruise. Please add:
DH, DW, DD9. So excited for the refurbed Magic :cool1:

Caryn

By the way - I am not a newbie, just could not find my old account. This will be our second cruise total and on the Magic.

Caryn

Hi--we just switched from a Wonder cruise in January to this one! So excited! We are from the Dallas area. It's me, DH, DS9, DS6 and DS3. This will be our 3rd cruise.

We were on the Magic this past February. Looking forward to seeing the changes!

We should start a Facebook group!

FB Group is a great idea. That worked really well for the holiday cruise group. Actually meeting a friend made in that group and on the cruise today. :thumbsup2 She's driving to Nashville from Mississippi to take a flight out and we are lunching and I'm getting her to the airport.

Just to keep out nosy relatives, neighbors, and FB friends, would you mind if the group was private?

Caryn

junkqueen here. Figured out my old ID :blush: Would not let me post a link with only 5 posts (good rule).

Here is the super-secret Facebook group. If you're on the list here and want to join, please ask to join and I'll get you in. If anyone else would like to co-admin, that's great, too!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/365901016855337/

We can change the name of the group once we get some members. The two members presently are me and my husband. pirate:

Caryn

We are in! I'm Amanda and it will be me, dh, ds(9), and dd(7). This will be the fifth cruise for dh and I, although we haven't been on the Magic since our very first cruise back in 2000. We are planning sea/land as well and are thinking of trying AOA this time. Really hoping that free dining or homeschool days will fall on our dates though, so we may possibly switch to a mod.
I am sending a request to join the facebook group and we definitely want to be a part of the fish extender group, and can help with organizing it if needed.

Amanda

lfishe3 DW, DH
MissDaisyofTexas DW, DH, DS9, DS6 and DS3
JunkQueen DH, DW, DD9
ScrapbookingAmanda DW, DH, DS(9), and DD(7)

ON THE FENCE

WISHING THEY WERE GOING
Everyone Else

The list is updated!! I can add the FB link if you want me?!?!

junkqueen here. Figured out my old ID :blush: Would not let me post a link with only 5 posts (good rule).

Here is the super-secret Facebook group. If you're on the list here and want to join, please ask to join and I'll get you in. If anyone else would like to co-admin, that's great, too!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/365901016855337/

We can change the name of the group once we get some members. The two members presently are me and my husband. pirate:

Caryn

It is saying the link is broken.... am I doing anything wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter