• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Hi all, I'm excited to join this group. I'll be down Jan 8-16 to move my daughter down. She was recently accepted into the Disney College Program and she will be living and working at Disneyworld for this spring semester. I'm staying offsite and planning at least 5 park days, some alone while my daughter does her registration and training.

Hi all, I'm excited to join this group. I'll be down Jan 8-16 to move my daughter down. She was recently accepted into the Disney College Program and she will be living and working at Disneyworld for this spring semester. I'm staying offsite and planning at least 5 park days, some alone while my daughter does her registration and training.
Congrats to your daughter!! how exciting! I would love to have alone time in the parks!!

definitely a possibility but I'm going to keep hoping we wont shut down again
We're traveling with my parents, who are in their 70s (plus 20 other family members). They've mentioned being concerned about getting there and getting sick and not being able to enjoy it, or getting sick and not being able to get home. These are new concerns they have now that Omicron is picking up. I have a sinking feeling we'll be canceling so I'm just trying to take it one day at a time (and not think about the money we'll lose).

Also getting a little nervous for a shut down. We decided we are definitely still going. We are all freshly boostered and/or vaccinated so we aren’t as nervous about us getting sick, just the park shutting down. Let’s put good vibes out there people!

I'm nervous as well about getting sick. I'm vaxxed and boosted and I got some N95 masks for the trip instead of using my Disney ones. This variant is just pissing me off with getting past things. And its poor timing. I really doubt we're going to be looking at another shutdown though. My fingers are crossed that they are right about the trajectory of this wave being pretty fast. Perhaps by later in January when a lot of us are going it will be on its way down already as it seems to have done in South Africa.

I'm like 95% sure we're still going in mid-January unless we have a confirmed case. We just bought KN95s to wear and will rapid test for several days after our trip. I think we'll switch from car service to car rental, but my less rational side is thinking a 12 hour drive isn't the worst thing in the world..

Nope, but we are west coast. The number of canceled flights is concerning. We're just at a "one day at a time" place, I think.

We're west coast too (California) I know they had a ton of cancelled flights due to staffing shortages. Here's to hoping things get better.

I’m east coast. I’m more just nervous what the holidays will do and if it will cause a large enough spike to shut them down. I honestly think it would take A LOT to shut down Disney again, but I’m preparing myself mentally just in case.

For those worried about shutdowns - are you outside of the US?

We are flying from in the states, NH to Orlando. I am not as worried about shut down as much as I am worried about other pandemic related factors. If flight is canceled for instance because of staffing shortages or cascading quarantine effects. I am considering changing travel plans to driving. #1 I can take control over arrival time. #2, if anyone does get sick(i am bringing rapid tests to make sure we are cautious) we can drive home without exposing others and without needing to rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter