• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2022 discounts

I know this is the discount thread, but seeing as this is my 1st time going in January. Do the parks really close at 7?? When are fireworks? What else do you do to fill up the evening? Staying at Boardwalk so hoping things open up a little

I know this is the discount thread, but seeing as this is my 1st time going in January. Do the parks really close at 7?? When are fireworks? What else do you do to fill up the evening? Staying at Boardwalk so hoping things open up a little

I think they close at 8pm but not 100% sure. We'll have to wait for the calendar to be dropped.

Last January, there were a lot of 7:00 closings. Epcot stayed open until 8:00, but AK closed as early as 5:00 some days. The year before, closing times were later. See here for historical park hours for the past several years.

Last January, there were a lot of 7:00 closings. Epcot stayed open until 8:00, but AK closed as early as 5:00 some days. The year before, closing times were later. See here for historical park hours for the past several years.

thanks that is helpful!!
it looks like 2019
Parks were open until 8, 8, 9 and 9
Epcot and MK being the latter.
Hoping that things are leaning towards more normal schedules as I know 2020/2021 were just not normal

Why would disney offer a discount when the rooms are already sold out? Don't plan on it since you have all booked rooms at disney already!

Why would disney offer a discount when the rooms are already sold out? Don't plan on it since you have all booked rooms at disney already!

This may be tin foil hat talking but I think Disney is manipulating what's available online. Originally I wasn't able to book the Poly but I checked twice later the same day and magically 3 rooms opened up for our party. Also, historically there have always been discounts for January. With Disney providing discounts for 12/12 - 12/24 travel, makes me think they aren't getting the crowds they were expecting for the 50th. If you look at the park reservation availability, nothing is 'sold out' yet. There are only three or so dates in the next 3 months that don't have 100% availability.

This may be tin foil hat talking but I think Disney is manipulating what's available online. Originally I wasn't able to book the Poly but I checked twice later the same day and magically 3 rooms opened up for our party. Also, historically there have always been discounts for January. With Disney providing discounts for 12/12 - 12/24 travel, makes me think they aren't getting the crowds they were expecting for the 50th. If you look at the park reservation availability, nothing is 'sold out' yet. There are only three or so dates in the next 3 months that don't have 100% availability.
I don’t think it’s tin foil hat talking at all. I think it’s clearly designed to nudge people to longer stays. Whether that is because they want people to stay on site longer, or, from a less nefarious purpose, to reduce the need to have more housekeeping visits, it’s clearly happening. As I think through it I think that’s the most explicable answer (I also think they are reducing capacity at the hotels, since they’ve extended out the opening of at least one)

There’s no current discounts except a slim window before Christmas for AP holders. If there’s no discount for early 2022 which is value season, it would be shocking. But it’s kind of shocking there’s no discount right now. 50th anniversary could explain this fall but I don’t think it will be enough to drive people to come and pay rack rates especially with bad word of mouth on new shows and no new rides like Tron open. Remy opened and no one is really talking about it.

Last year, the % off discounts for January weren't released until 10/21, so it may be a couple more weeks. Booked, but waiting for discounts as well

This is hopeful. I’ve never staying in Jan. Are the discounts decent? I’m splurging on this trip trying to entice my teens to want to come back so I’m set up in a deluxe club level at Boardwalk In . Any slight discount would be a welcome surprise but won’t change my reservation.

This is hopeful. I’ve never staying in Jan. Are the discounts decent? I’m splurging on this trip trying to entice my teens to want to come back so I’m set up in a deluxe club level at Boardwalk In . Any slight discount would be a welcome surprise but won’t change my reservation.
Don’t remember general discount but I booked Yacht club last January with 40% off deluxe with AP discount. But the more recent discounts have been targeted towards certain hotels not just a straight percentage discount based on level of hotel.

According to Mousesavers, there was a discount of 20%-35% off room-only rates for general public for stays 1/3-4/17. I'm not sure which hotels/ rooms were included in that promotion, but it's usually well worthwhile to go in and add the discount or change around hotels/ categories after the discounts are released.

Following! I'm considering a solo January trip and would most likely just book Pop anyway, but was really hoping for a discount. Was also considering opening a Disney Visa if that discount is offered. Fingers crossed!

So questions about this..... I just recently got the Disney Visa since I'm doing two trips down next year and it was worth it for the sign up bonus and points. How does that work exactly to get a visa member discount? Do I just tell my agent that I got the card and if there's a discount that shows up for that I am now eligible? Did I need to have it when I actually booked? How often do those kinds of discounts show up?

So questions about this..... I just recently got the Disney Visa since I'm doing two trips down next year and it was worth it for the sign up bonus and points. How does that work exactly to get a visa member discount? Do I just tell my agent that I got the card and if there's a discount that shows up for that I am now eligible? Did I need to have it when I actually booked? How often do those kinds of discounts show up?

Yes, let your TA know. For Disney Visa discounts, the deposit has to be paid with the Disney Visa. So you need to have the card number to actually book it. And they’re very hit or miss. I would say there’s maybe 1 Disney Visa discount a year. And occasionally you get to book a few days early for a public discount. Definitely not offered as often as AP or public discounts.

Thank you. Since I did not make the deposit with the card and the discounts are rare it doesn't look like it will make much of a difference for me, but I will let my agent know just in case.

We haven’t been in years and now my husband wants to go in January. Plan on staying at Boardwalk which we have never done. I’m nervous about how to get this all planned in such a short time.

We haven’t been in years and now my husband wants to go in January. Plan on staying at Boardwalk which we have never done. I’m nervous about how to get this all planned in such a short time.

You're actually not that behind. As long as you can book you should be fine. Park passes don't look to be gone for any park in January, hours haven't been released yet, and you can't book dining yet. You can easily plan this without too much stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter