January 2021 car rental

I just redid my reservation again. I am getting an intermediate SUV from Avis through Costco for $195 for the first week of Jan. The standard car price was $192; so I was happy to pay $3 more for a larger vehicle.

I'm new to the January 2021 game as we just canceled our December trip (supposed to leave tomorrow). We are using DME on 1/4 for 3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, then back to MCO to pick up a car for 1/7-1/13. Original rate was $256 from Dollar, but I'm currently sitting at $203 for an SUV from Hertz. I used autoslash.com for the rate and will keep checking.

Question: Autoslash found the rate at Hertz, but the reservation is through Priceline. Has anyone had issues with this? I've looked up the reservation number directly through the Hertz site and it comes up, right name/dates/price, etc. I don't need to worry... right?

I just rebooked and got fullsize, budget via costco for $226 1/24-1/31...better than 276 I was at before. hoping for alamo to have a better rate as I like being able to skip the counter

And after all of that, I’ve decided we’ll drive down in our minivan instead of flying. We were to fly SW and now that they are packing the planes, I just don’t feel comfortable flying anymore.

Our neighbors are going in late January and decided the same thing. They don’t want to be in a full plane so they will drive. Glad the vaccine is arriving but most say we won’t feel safer for 6 months.

Check your Costco rentals!!
I will keep checking but I am finally happy with my rental price. my budget rental for an intermediate SUV just dropped to $200.43 for the last week in January.
That's great for an SUV! Recently I was able to get DH a lower price for his SUV about 3 days before his trip 2 weeks ago (Tampa airport), so it seems these days the usual patterns are out the window, you might find a better one yet in the upcoming weeks. His was not for a full week though.

Mine dropped too. I was hoping to stick with Alamo, but since Budget went down to $187 (Alamo still at 224 - both smaller cars) I switched today.

That's great for an SUV! Recently I was able to get DH a lower price for his SUV about 3 days before his trip 2 weeks ago (Tampa airport), so it seems these days the usual patterns are out the window, you might find a better one yet in the upcoming weeks. His was not for a full week though.

Mine dropped too. I was hoping to stick with Alamo, but since Budget went down to $187 (Alamo still at 224 - both smaller cars) I switched today.
Me too, I much prefer alamo so we can pick our own car but they are $50 higher than budget for my week too. If alamo gets within $20, I will probably switch.

Yesterday rebooked to Alamo, but today Budget dropped and is now cheaper. Full size car, last week of Jan for 195. Happy to be under 200 :) Fingers crossed alamo drops more as I prefer Alamo and skipping counter

Check your dates! Looks like Costco's prices (Budget) dipped again this morning (Mine is 1/16-23)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter