January 2020

Tootsie62

Earning My Ears
We are booked and ready for our January 2020 trip!!! Any clues when park hours will be listed? I'm also looking to see what is going to be open, not being rehab'd.

Disney has been releasing park hours on Fridays for the dates 11 weeks out past that day. For example, on 10/2, they released the hours for 12/13-19.

If the pattern continues, on 10/9, Disney should release the hours for 12/20-26. On 10/16, the hours for 12/27-1/2/2021 should be released, etc.

:laughing: I actually was in WDW in January 2020. Only good thing that's happened this year :upsidedow
Same here.
Only, at the time, we thought it was one of our most difficult trips to WDW.
Huge crowds.
Fireworks shows were swamped.
Very difficult get to DHS early enough to get a chance ride Rise of the Resistance.
Getting bookings for our favorite meals was a struggle.
We took a LOT of Lyft rideshare trips between locations to save time.

But, with what has happened everywhere since...
we have said many times during this year that it was great that we made that WDW trip in January!

Same here.
Only, at the time, we thought it was one of our most difficult trips to WDW.
Huge crowds.
Fireworks shows were swamped.
Very difficult get to DHS early enough to get a chance ride Rise of the Resistance.
Getting bookings for our favorite meals was a struggle.
We took a LOT of Lyft rideshare trips between locations to save time.

But, with what has happened everywhere since...
we have said many times during this year that it was great that we made that WDW trip in January!

It was definitely crowded, but it ended up being one of our best trips. We overlapped with my best friend's trip by a couple days and we got to spend some time with her, which was fun. We also had amazing luck the whole trip - walking up to the bus stop right as our bus showed up, walking into a show right when it was about to start and getting a good seat, really nice four top tables at most restaurants with a party of two, etc.

I thought it was good karma because so much went wrong right before our trip :laughing: I caught pink eye for the first time in my life the week before, and then we had a freak snow storm the morning we were flying out of Providence that wasn't in the forecast until hours before our flight :faint:

It's pretty much all been downhill since then but at least we got a good WDW trip first :upsidedow

We were there in Jan 2020 and had an amazing time! I didn't think the crowds were bad, certainly much lower than June when we usually visit. HS was the only really crowded park, but we expected that. Worth the crowds to ride ROTR.

It was the best part of 2020 - and we are going to try to repeat with our Jan 2021 trip. It took me 20 years to convince hubby to try the off season, and only one off-season trip to convince him to do it every year. :)

We were there also in Jan 2020 - with DH's entire family for his mom's 90th birthday. We stayed Club Level at the Grand. EVERYONE in the family is still talking about how perfect our timing for the trip was.

Unfortunately, DH won't be interested in returning until CL returns...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter