January 2015....Let the planning begin!

So what's everyone packing?

I am having a heck of a time, as the temperatures are all over the place. I also just realized I don't have a light jacket; it's either a sweater or full parka lol.

What's on your January packing list?

I don't have a light jacket that would be appropriate for park touring. I'm bring more of fleece jacket that i can wear from 45-55 degrees. I'm bringing a sweater, for anything above.

Our last trip was in may with 3 adult, two under 3 and a minivan drive. So dd and I planned for months, packed well in advance, and charted our days all out. This time its just dh and I flying with a split-stay (contemporary & port Orleans riverside) and no car. I haven't done anything. Haven't even packed in my head or gotten park tickets. I'm hoping the packing fairy will do it for me.:cool1:

So what's everyone packing? I am having a heck of a time, as the temperatures are all over the place. I also just realized I don't have a light jacket; it's either a sweater or full parka lol. What's on your January packing list?

This is my first trip in January as I usually go in the fall so I have absolutely no idea what to pack. Lol. It would be nice to see what others pack for this time of year. I'm guessing a couple of sweaters will be needed and jeans/capris. Not to sure about shorts though. Like others I don't own a light jacket so I guess I will see. At least I only have to worry about me since it will be a solo trip. :)

Layers is the key my friends.

Wearing jeans on plane will pack one pair of Capri jeans and one other pair of pants TBA, one pair of shorts if they have some crazy warm front sneak up.

3 tshirts and one not tshirt and whatever 3/4 sleeve shirt I wear on the plane.

Packing One pair of light weight thermals and one long sleeve tshirt. Both of these items can be layered under the above clothing.

Wearing a heavy hoodie on the plane and packing a light weight zip up hoodie to wear over the t shirt on cool but not cold days.

One pair of lounge pants which are light enough to sleep in if it's too cold for my usual boxers and tshirt combo.

Assorted socks and whatnot

Will also pack one set of gloves and a scarf maybe a beenie type hat.

I can dress for warm, cool, and cold weather with these combos.

I actually went to Alaska with this same basic concept. The only difference was that I had a waterproof unlined jacket that I wore over the thermal/tshirt/heavy hoodie and jeans on the glacier and we we rode the train up into the mountains.

I'm a big fan of layers.

This will be our third January in a row. Two years ago it was shorts weather. Last year was more capris and a jacket. One night DD bought a quilt to wrap herself in and we were drinking hot tea and hot chocolate! I just checked our long range forecast and it says high 70's to low 80's. I'll pack shorts, capris, one pair of jeans, and a rain jacket and probably my lighter fleece. As DH always says - "we're not going to a third world country, they have stores!" ;-)

Anyone receiving Mickey Mail, was just wondering what the coupons are. I have heard that there has been a drastic change from years previous. Was hoping to finally visit Disney Quest this trip, but not paying $50 + to get in. Getting super excited now. Just 27 days to go till our first family Disney trip. :goodvibes

Anyone receiving Mickey Mail, was just wondering what the coupons are. I have heard that there has been a drastic change from years previous. Was hoping to finally visit Disney Quest this trip, but not paying $50 + to get in. Getting super excited now. Just 27 days to go till our first family Disney trip. :goodvibes

They have definitely changed. The change begins Jan 1, 2015. It still comes with 2 Disney Quest vouchers, Planet Hollywood and arcade but now they have a Disney Extra Benefits card that gives you discounts in more DTD locations. Here's what they look like, please ignore my info on them. :)

They have definitely changed. The change begins Jan 1, 2015. It still comes with 2 Disney Quest vouchers, Planet Hollywood and arcade but now they have a Disney Extra Benefits card that gives you discounts in more DTD locations. Here's what they look like, please ignore my info on them. :)
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, :thumbsup2 Looks like I am finally going to get to Downtown Disney. :thumbsup2

As DH always says - "we're not going to a third world country, they have stores!" ;-)

Had to tell you I'm with your DH, one of my first stops will be to buy a light windbreaker if it's cool, plenty of places to shop.

Looking at the 10 day forecast, and it looks like we're expected to have one day at 80, and the rest in the 70s. :cool1: Perfect!! Hope that's accurate!

Does anyone know if we will get this since we booked our trip with DVC points?

Thanks for sharing your packing tips!

I've finally pulled out the suitcases; lots of layers, which makes it difficult to pack light. We're staying 12 nights, so I think we'll just have to do laundry a few times.

I ended up purchasing a light jacket on Sears.com and had it delivered it to the resort. Sears.com has MUCH better selection than Sears.ca!

My husband is doing the Dopey Challenge (4 runs) so his 2 pairs of sneakers and running gear takes up a lot of space.

So far the forecast looks fantastic, 28 C (82 F) when we arrive! :banana:

Newbie to the board AND I just found this thread! I feel so left out on all the magic! Haha :) I have reservations and FP set. just trying to score that last BOG ressie and then we'll be all set!!

It's our third trip to Disney and our first for DD, who is also celebrating her birthday. Cannot wait!

There is nothing more exciting than getting those luggage tags! It will be the first time with Magic bands-ahhhhh-like Christmas all over again!

can't believe we leave sunday! so excited! pretty much all packed and ready to go! the weather looks amazing! still packing a hoodie for the evenings! Yay Mickey!!!!

All of our MagicBands for this upcoming trip!

Top is our Passholder Bands.
The individual ones are because I was supposed to go in July on a solo trip but had to move it, and then added my DH (those are for WL)
Bottom Left: BVC with our DVC Points
Bottom Right: CBR

So excited! We leave for Florida in 10 days and check into BCV in 11! :banana:

Booked my BOG FP this morning and now I'm officially done with all my bookings. Now to wait, somewhat, patiently for 23 more days. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter