January 2015....Let the planning begin!

We just told my dd yesterday!! Her reaction went from smiles to tears to squealing and jumping around for the rest of the afternoon!! She is SO excited to be finally going to Disney, she wore a disney shirt and hoodie to school today while she told everyone (and it's her birthday today too lol)!!

82 Days to GO!!!!!! :)
What a great birthday!
One day off site at that other park (sorry, HUGE Harry Potter fan and can't miss it!).
I have not been to the new HP part but LOVE the section in IoA, seriously awesome!

I'm so excited to be in the final days before we can book our FP+!

My DD and I will be heading down for a Girls-Only Trip! We'll be meeting-up with my childhood BFF and her family along the way as well as spending a good amount of time with a new friend of mine that we toured MVMCP with last year. Her DD is my DDs age. It is going to be a BLAST!

Our dates -
1/15-1/20/15

We're doing Stay/Dine/Play from 1/15-1/19. Then, we DH decided we should stay one more day just to relax and chill. BUT, there were no more rooms at the package rate, so we are just a regular pool room.

All at POP.

The plan is to surprise Meg on Christmas day. Hopefully with Magic Bands, but at a bare minimum, I will order an autograph book from Disney online. I will get it all ready with Stickers for who she will be meeting/greeting.

<Hoping for some Pixie Dust pixiedust: that she will get a coveted FP+ for Anna & Elsa>

1/15 - LATE arrival. VERY Late. Arriving at MCO at 10pm

1/16 - pre-park-opening ADP at Hollywood & Vine. Soooo excited that DD will finally get to meet Doc McStuffins! Hoping to get DD onto TSMM; she hasn't ridden since she was 9 months old. And THAT was not a good experience. UGH. After that, we hope to see Characterpalooza and then head back to the resort. Where, we will meet my Childhood Best Friend and her family - including 7 year old son and 1-year-old TWINS! Gosh--they grow big so fast! And there will be a surprise BASKET that I ordered from "Memories by Betsy" awaiting my Princess in our room, too! princess:

1/17 - EPCOT at Park opening. Lunch plans include Akershus with friends. Should be fun for the girls. I'm wondering what I'll try on that menu...but I'll figure it out! Must-do's for the day include Meeting Mulan, riding Test Track and Turtle Talk with Crush. My plan is to stay at Epcot until Illuminations. Hopefully my Diva cooperates. The only time that I saw Illuminations in my many years visiting....I had a belly ache and ... well... ahem. :confused:

1/18 - the BIG day. MK. I'm planning to go rope drop until Midnight. My hope is to secure FP+ for A&E, 7DMT and PP. DD really wants to ride Dumbo. I don't know why, but we watched the planning video, and this was a HUGE must-do for her. Another must-do is Buzz Light-Year and the Little Mermaid Meet-n-Greet. I technically have a Bibbidi Bobbidi ressie around 3pm, but I plan to cancel it. She has been there done that, and I don't want her to think that every trip to Disney means a trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi. I want to show her that other children get their turn too. I secured 2 different times for Tony's restaurant on Main Street. I love Lady and the Tramp and I think that it looks like a fun time for lunch. I'd also like to use some snack entitlements at the Main Street Bakery! Finally, our dinner reservations are at 7:55pm at Chef Mickey's. She's going to need to regroup and get some energy for the 10pm Fireworks. We'll wait after that for the crowds to dwindle before heading back to our resort. I will actually have to pack our bags b/c we'll be changing rooms the next day.

1/19 - Animal Kingdom. - I've made an ADP pre-park opening for Tusker House. I'm not sure that we're going to keep this one, though. It would be out of pocket b/c we would have spent all of our TS entitlements at this point. I'm on the fence here. Sigh. Need to decide. Looking forward to riding Primevel Whirl and the other dinosaur ride like Dumbo with DD. She likes those. I'll FP+ for the Kilamanjaro Safaris, FOTLK, Meet & Greet for Mickey. Dinner ressies have been made in Downtown Disney for Planet Hollywood simply b/c I enjoy it there!

1/20 - Resort relaxation day. I don't honestly know if we will have reason to leave the resort. Our flight leaves around 8pm. We COULD have done park 'stuff' this day, but why bother. We can just enjoy Pop! Hopefully it will be WARM!

I know that I've rambled. I've been planning a LOT for this little trip!
:bitelip:

I have our plans somewhat set in loosely packed gravel..... can't say stone yet, as things can change in an instant. LOL! Haven't picked our fp+ yet but my stars are beside what I am HOPING to get!!

Day 1 - Arrive later in the evening, get to AoA and grab a bite to eat and get to sleep at a decent hour hopefully!

Day 2 - MK all day, LOTS planned but we'll see how it goes. Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Aladdin, BTMR, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Small World, *PP, PhilHarmagic, Tea Party, *Pooh, *7D, Astro, Buzz, Monsters Inc. MSEP and Wishes.
B-Crystal Palace 8:15am
L-Pinocchio
S-Cosmic Rays

Day 3 - HS @ RD until noon. Toy Story, One Man's Dream, LM, Disney Jr. Live, and the Animation stuff.
EP @ 1pm - Figment, *Soarin', *Turtle Talk, Seas Tank, *Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Three Caballeros, TT if we have lots of time to kill before Illuminations to start and we're done walking around WS. Illuminations!
B-Starring Rolls
L-Akershus
S- Liberty Inn or La Cantina de San Angel

Day 4 - EP @ RD until noon. Test Track, Living with the Land, Nemo, Circle of Life, Ellen's Energy Adventure maybe.
HS @ 1pm - *Muppetvision, Frozen Singalong, *Star Tours, *Toy Story, GMR, Beauty and Beast. Fantasmic!
B-Room/Resort
L-MM (F! package)
S-Fairfax Fare or Rosies?

Day 5 - Full MK day again. Meet Ariel, Under the Sea, Dumbo, Tea Party, Pooh, *A&E, Buzz, Monsters, Inc., Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, Pirates, BTMR, Speedway, Barnstormer, *7D, *Tales w/ Belle. FOF Parade, and Wishes.
B-Main Street Bakery
L-Caseys Corner
S-Be Our Guest

Day 6 - AK Safari, *FOTLK, Flights of Wonder, *Finding Nemo, Primeval Whirl, Triceratop Spin, Oasis Exhibits, walk the trails a bit then another go at the *Safari.
Head to DTD after we're done for the rest of the evening.
B-Tusker House @ 8am
L-Rainforest Cafe
S-Raglan Road

Day 7 - MK all day (so far) Peoplemover, Buzz, Speedway, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Under the Sea, Pooh, Carrousel, *7D, *Pirates, *Jungle Cruise, Aladdin, Swiss Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island. Wishes Dessert Party!
B-Resort or Main St. Bakery)
L-Pinocchio (or somewhere else as we already are going on another MK day)
S-1900 Park Fare

Day 8 - MK of course, last day, fly out at 8:40pm :( - BTMR, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, *Buzz, Pooh, Under the Sea, *Meet A&E (if we didn't get to on Day 5), Small World, *Peter Pan (must be our last ride before heading back to resort to catch DME lol)
B-Room/Main St. Bakery
L-Pecos Bill?
S-we'll be at airport :( lol

I think I have everything planned that we want to do, didn't miss any rides that my dd wants, and added enough turns at the ones she really really wants to do more than once (and me too lol)

Feeling somewhat unorganized after reading last 2 posts... Hehe.
Memories by Betsy.. I had to look it up (sounds much cheaper and a bit more controlled than ordering from the Disney service) any advice on this would be awesome! Or should I just buy things and do myself hehe

Feeling somewhat unorganized after reading last 2 posts... Hehe.
Memories by Betsy.. I had to look it up (sounds much cheaper and a bit more controlled than ordering from the Disney service) any advice on this would be awesome! Or should I just buy things and do myself hehe

I wanted to do something with 'extra magic' for DD.
So, I did some investigation into the Disney Florist. They're really cool, but nothing really 'fit' my Diva.

Someone on these boards had once mentioned Memories by Betsy so I filled out for a quote. She had a pic on her site of a Minnie on a Pillow with a lighted tiara. She's also putting some Magic Band decorations in there and putting it all in cellophane with a pretty bow. We're doing a Minnie as Cinderella theme. I'm soooooo excited b/c DD is going to be wearing a Cinderella outfit one of the days and maybe she'll want to bring it to the parks! I've never seen a lighted tiara, so that is cool, too! And she'll be able to use the pillow in the hotel. An all-around win! So much more 'us' than the Disney Florist, though those are SUPER COOL, too. I was in love with those in-room Celebrations! Just too much in them that we didn't really NEED...and needed to be practical about just having 2 of us and bringing things home.

Good luck in deciding how to surprise your loved one(s)!
pixiedust::wizard::cloud9:

Just made FP choices! Still Grumpy that "planning" seems to take over "vacation", but I will adapt. Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Taking my DD13 and DD11 to WDW in January. We will be there from 1/23-1/30 staying at CBR (first stay here). I am hoping the time doesn't drag for all of us January people since Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is right around the corner :cool1:.

Hi There!
Was just browsing some other areas of the site and came across this thread.
We are going for a shorter trip this year Jan. 26 - Jan 31 staying in a Royal Room at POR. This will be our DD4’s second trip, her official princess trip. We were there Feb 2014 at Pop.

I was excited to book fast passes the other night even if it did not open until 1am. We were able to get everything we wanted except for A&E. The good news is the Turkey still came out fine even though I was up most of the night planning fast passes.

I love to plan. To me planning and spreadsheets are almost as much fun as the trip itself. I know weird, but I consider myself type A+. This time my DH wants it a little less planned so I gave in and told him we would wing our QS meals. We learned a LOT about our DD’s preferences in Feb so planning this time was easier; we know what rides she does not like and can easily exclude them this time (hated POC, JC, HM, ST, action shows at HS, etc). We are at parks for RD every morning, take small mid-day breaks and are done by 7pm except wishes/parade night. This seems to work for us and keeps DD happy.

1/26 - Travel day arrive 7pm
1/27 – AK Morning, HS late Morning, MK Evening – Tusker House at 8:00am
1/28 – MK Morning, DTD evening –BBB appointment 8am and 1900 Park Fare at 4:30pm. Hoping with CRT being closed that there will not be too many people in the park pre RD so we can get to A&E before most.
1/29 – EP Morning, MK Evening – 8:00 Akershus (parade and wishes night)
1/30 - HS Morning, EP Evening – 11:30 H&V and 6:30pm Biergarten
1/31 – MK Morning, DME at 2:30

Detailed plans are done by personalizing touring plans.

Excited to catch up on this thread and see what everyone’s plans are.

I was excited to book fast passes the other night even if it did not open until 1am. We were able to get everything we wanted except for A&E. The good news is the Turkey still came out fine even though I was up most of the night planning fast passes.

WELCOME!
Keep checking for A&E, I'm sure you'll find something! I'm constantly checking (with fingers crossed!) for an earlier 'Ohana reservation on 1/2. Good Luck! pixiedust:

WELCOME!
Keep checking for A&E, I'm sure you'll find something! I'm constantly checking (with fingers crossed!) for an earlier 'Ohana reservation on 1/2. Good Luck! pixiedust:

I used ADR Sniper to get the reservation I wanted at Tusker House. It cost $10 but was worth it.

38 days until our stay at POFQ. I can't wait for careless eating. 1/11-1/18. Anyone know what kind of clothes I should be packing??

38 days until our stay at POFQ. I can't wait for careless eating. 1/11-1/18. Anyone know what kind of clothes I should be packing??

When we were there one year, it was in the 80s. When we were there a few years later, it was in the 50s. I recommend waiting until it gets closer, but perhaps consider layers!

Your best bet is to gather outfits but not pack until around 10 days before your trip so you can get a peek at the extended forecast for the days you'll be there.

That's our plan!

For now, I'm planning on packing a little bit of everything -- jeans & sweatshirts / t-shirts and shorts / lined waterproof jacket / hats & gloves / bathing suits.

Expect to need a jacket of some kind in the mornings and evenings for sure.

Your best bet is to gather outfits but not pack until around 10 days before your trip so you can get a peek at the extended forecast for the days you'll be there. That's our plan! For now, I'm planning on packing a little bit of everything -- jeans & sweatshirts / t-shirts and shorts / lined waterproof jacket / hats & gloves / bathing suits. Expect to need a jacket of some kind in the mornings and evenings for sure.

We find waiting until a few days before is the best with January trips. A bit of everything and not really worrying about repeat outfits. Lol. Bathing suit, shorts, one pair if jeans, a few capris. Sweatshirts & t shirts. A jacket and a rain slicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter