January 2014 discount watch!!

Can anyone confirm if they were able to get the RO discount applied to the hotel portion of a package? Not the S/P/D discount.

My friend has a package booked at AoA LM (I know it doesn't qualify) with just hotel and park tickets, no dining plan. I think she really wants to stay there so this could be a moot point, but I would like to give her advice anyway.

I don't think she is interested in the DP, so I am wondering if she switches resorts, if she could still get some kind of discount?

You can put a RO on a package reservation, yes. However, the LM rooms are excluded from both RO and SPD so she would have to change resorts or go to a suite for the RO discount.

Can someone confirm that MLK weekend is, in fact, blacked out with both the RO and S/P/D discounts? What are the exact blackout dates?

Thanks!

We are booked from the 8th-19th with a room only discount and it doesn't seem to be blacked out at all. My total is exactly what I calculated as being 25% off the total rack rate for the entire trip. I didn't ask for a breakdown by date or ask if some dates were blacked out but it doesn't seem to be based on the total she gave me.

Can someone confirm that MLK weekend is, in fact, blacked out with both the RO and S/P/D discounts? What are the exact blackout dates?

Thanks!

I booked January 18-25 and got the RO discount for my entire stay :cool1:

the CM originally booked us the SPD package and I was able to apply it to my stay as well (even with a check in date of the saturday of MLK) so i'm thinking no blackouts at all for this weekend.

I booked January 18-25 and got the RO discount for my entire stay :cool1:

the CM originally booked us the SPD package and I was able to apply it to my stay as well (even with a check in date of the saturday of MLK) so i'm thinking no blackouts at all for this weekend.

Best Thursday ever! Thank you! party:

WOOHOO!! I was just now able to get our stuff booked. I talked to CM who did confirm we can activate our park tickets 3 days before our package started. We are doing a RO reservation for 1/2-5 and then our package reservation 1/5-9.

It saved us $700!!

Thank you Disers for helping me out so much!

So, I called and made my reservation over the phone for Jan 25th - Feb 1st at POR. However I have not received any confirmation via email of making the reservation, the cost, my deposit amount, etc.

I was able to log into my disney profile and link my confirmation number that I received over the phone to my profile which shows up all the correct info, but for the life of me I cannot find the billing page to check the cost and make payments.

Before SPD the cost was $4,500 with SPD it is $3700. This is for two adults, three kids ages 10, 8, 6 when we go.

So, I called and made my reservation over the phone for Jan 25th - Feb 1st at POR. However I have not received any confirmation via email of making the reservation, the cost, my deposit amount, etc.

I was able to log into my disney profile and link my confirmation number that I received over the phone to my profile which shows up all the correct info, but for the life of me I cannot find the billing page to check the cost and make payments.

Before SPD the cost was $4,500 with SPD it is $3700. This is for two adults, three kids ages 10, 8, 6 when we go.

I find the WDTC confirm emails to take some time to arrive. For example I booked around 8am or so and the email arrived at 9:10am. And this was quicker than I was expecting.

Sorry to be a bother, but your first # (4500), I assume that included the DDP at full price, so 3 adults on dining since your oldest is 10?

Is that 7 nights leaving on the 1st, or 8 nights?

We have POR booked right now (preferred room) without any discounts for early Feb. 2 adults, 3 kids (9, 7, 3 when we travel). I'm anxious to get better #s on what we can expect with S/P/D.

Sorry to be a bother, but your first # (4500), I assume that included the DDP at full price, so 3 adults on dining since your oldest is 10?

Is that 7 nights leaving on the 1st, or 8 nights?

We have POR booked right now (preferred room) without any discounts for early Feb. 2 adults, 3 kids (9, 7, 3 when we travel). I'm anxious to get better #s on what we can expect with S/P/D.

Yes the $4,500 was full price package with DDP.

The SPD deal brought it down to $3,700 for 2 real adults and 1 Disney adult(10 year old), plus 2 kids(8, 6).

The room only discount would have only saved us $375.

Yes the $4,500 was full price package with DDP.

The SPD deal brought it down to $3,700 for 2 real adults and 1 Disney adult(10 year old), plus 2 kids(8, 6).

The room only discount would have only saved us $375.

Thanks so much. That helps as we are looking at pretty similar #s I think. Hopefully we can apply S/P/D on Oct 8th.

Sorry if I missed it do we know when the deals will come out for non-visa hodlers?

Thank you

I'm so excited! Waiting to hear back from my TA about an end of Jan kids bday trip to the Poly. It's become an annual event, mostly because the deals are so good for this time. Keeping my fingers crossed we can get a room! pixiedust:

Anyone know what the discount at the poly is like? I think that will be our backup if we don't get a GTY fare on a cruise for Jan 24-27th depending on if its available. Was anything open for there?

Correct.

January 5-March 5 for room discounts
And
January 5 - April 12 for stay play and dine

I'm confused. Mousesavers is reporting the opposite (S/P/D January 5th - March 5th and RO January 5th - April 12th);

Disney’s Visa cardholders can get a specially priced vacation package at select Disney resorts for stays 1/5/14 – 3/5/14. The discount is roughly equivalent to Adults and Juniors (ages 10-17) paying the Child price for tickets and dining plan. Your package must include at least 3 nights’ stay and 2-day tickets, plus a dining plan for the length of your stay.

Disney’s Visa cardholders can get room only discounts at select Disney resorts for stays 1/5/14 – 4/12/14. (The discounts are reduced from 3/6/14 – 3/13/14.) There is no minimum length of stay with this offer.

Does anyone know which is correct? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter