• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2014 discount watch!!

Wait...so did you get s/p/d AND 15% off your room??

They've changed the offer this year - it's no longer just adults pay child pricing. Different components are discounted - although they can't break down which ones. It will still work out to be close to adults for child pricing, but not exact.

They do not break down package pricing.

I just spoke with someone and the way SPD works this year has change. It is no longer adults at children's pricing for everything. There may be small room discount included with the dining discount but they are making it very clear that it is not adults at child's pricing for all components like last year. It's being advertised as 'some of the MYW package components are discounted' but regardless, they will not break down the package pricing as it's all lumped into one price.

There is also a 2 day minimum ticket requirement.

Thank you so much for clarifying. The second CM did say it was different from last year. I didn't want to keep calling and tying up the phone lines if everything was correct. SOOO happy to be booked and going pixiedust: Hubby's:-)firefight) happy we got into POFQ. Everyone at DIS has been so helpful, whether they knew it or not:thumbsup2

I called and received a RO discount for 1/9-1/18 at POR. It came to 25% off, but I had to upgrade my first 2 nights (royal guest room standard --> pool view) so I actually only saved about 20% there, but still good! Overall, I saved about $440 for the week. I am not doing the DDP and bought my tickets from UT so this was the only option for us.

Also, it seems the discount applied to the marathon weekend so I don't think that should be an issue.

did the discount help you much? According to one of the posts just above yours, most of the marathon weekend isn't included. :(

I only heard the rates for YC, BC, FW CABINS, WL and GF but they were all included and had a good amount discounted. The Poly, CR and Boardwalk only had CL/suites so I didn't even ask to hear the rates.

We saved over $300 on two nights at YC
Our 1 night at ASMo has barely any savings. I think we saved about $10.

I only heard the rates for YC, BC, FW CABINS, WL and GF but they were all included and had a good amount discounted. The Poly, CR and Boardwalk only had CL/suites so I didn't even ask to hear the rates.

We saved over $300 on two nights at YC
Our 1 night at ASMo has barely any savings. I think we saved about $10.

ASMo is only 5% off - the others are higher if you want to switch and save more for the night.

Does the DVC holder need to be on the reservation? I have a friend who may be willing to make the deposit. Thanks in advance for the info! :)

I'm so sad b/c no discounts will work for us. We are staying the 2nd-9th. I had it figured our package would be the 5th-9th and we would pick up our tickets on the 2nd (3 days before like all the Disers have been telling me)

It would've saved us $1,000!

Unfortunately when we called and spoke to multiple cast member they repeatedly said that the tickets will not be activated until the 5th because of the way the magic bands are. Basically any discount that is offered right now won't work with our reservations and will cost us more money :( I feel like I could sit down and cry because I was so excited about saving that $1000!

We can't change the dates because our flights are already booked and one of the main reasons we are going is to see the Christmas lights.

Got it!!!! :thumbsup2 I didn't ask what the % was, but I am assuming it was 20%. I am paying $76 and $92 (weekends) for POP. I can't get those prices at a Holiday Inn so I am happy!

I'm so sad b/c no discounts will work for us. We are staying the 2nd-9th. I had it figured our package would be the 5th-9th and we would pick up our tickets on the 2nd (3 days before like all the Disers have been telling me)

It would've saved us $1,000!

Unfortunately when we called and spoke to multiple cast member they repeatedly said that the tickets will not be activated until the 5th because of the way the magic bands are. Basically any discount that is offered right now won't work with our reservations and will cost us more money :( I feel like I could sit down and cry because I was so excited about saving that $1000!

We can't change the dates because our flights are already booked and one of the main reasons we are going is to see the Christmas lights.

They always say that. They have to. You can pick up your tickets up to 3 days early at a GS location.

I just got 20% off a preferred room at POP!! Not as good as free dining but I'll take $179 off!!!

They do not break down package pricing.

I just spoke with someone and the way SPD works this year has change. It is no longer adults at children's pricing for everything. There may be small room discount included with the dining discount but they are making it very clear that it is not adults at child's pricing for all components like last year. It's being advertised as 'some of the MYW package components are discounted' but regardless, they will not break down the package pricing as it's all lumped into one price.

There is also a 2 day minimum ticket requirement.

Would it be safe to say that the savings will be about the same regardless of how it is broken down?

This may help.

Certain dates may vary slightly, especially between March 6-13 where discounts will be slightly less due to spring break.

Excludes – Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, Campsites, Villas at Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and 3-bedroom Villas.

Value Resorts:
All Star Music, All Star Sports, Pop Century Resort = 20%

Art of Animation Family Suites = 15%

All Start Movies = 5%

Moderate Resorts:
Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Fort Wilderness Cabins = 25%

Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs Junior Suites = 5%

Deluxe Resorts:
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard & Pool View), Beach Club, Yacht Club, BoardWalk Inn, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa , Wilderness Lodge (Standard & Woods View) = 35%

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Club Level & Savanna View), Wilderness Lodge (Club Level & Courtyard View) = 25%

Deluxe Suites = 5%

Deluxe Villa Resorts:
Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Yacht Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn Villas = 35%

Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas = 25%

Bay Lake Tower = 5%

This may help.

Certain dates may vary slightly, especially between March 6-13 where discounts will be slightly less due to spring break.

Excludes – Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, Campsites, Villas at Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and 3-bedroom Villas.

Value Resorts:
All Star Music, All Star Sports, Pop Century Resort = 20%

Art of Animation Family Suites = 15%

All Start Movies = 5%

Moderate Resorts:
Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Fort Wilderness Cabins = 25%

Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs Junior Suites = 5%

Deluxe Resorts:
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard & Pool View), Beach Club, Yacht Club, BoardWalk Inn, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa , Wilderness Lodge (Standard & Woods View) = 35%

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Club Level & Savanna View), Wilderness Lodge (Club Level & Courtyard View) = 25%

Deluxe Suites = 5%

Deluxe Villa Resorts:
Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Yacht Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn Villas = 35%

Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas = 25%

Bay Lake Tower = 5%

Seriously only 5% at BLT???

Seriously only 5% at BLT???

Yup, and French Quarter

That's why I wait until I have some facts before posting a blanket statement saying deluxe is x% and moderates is y%. A lot of people were excited over some certain resorts that didn't end up being as much off as originally said.

When it comes to room discounts, they vary widely between resorts and even between room types.

sorry if my question was confusing. Wondering if the Disney Visa Card holder needs to be on the reservation? Can a friend or family member with the DVC make the deposit, granting the discount today? Thanks for your help!

I'm glad to know AoA R/O discount!

Can you help me with s/p/d???

3 adults, 2 kids
1/4-1.11
AoA family suite

TIA!!! This is our first trip and a Christmas surprise! Sooo excited!!!

Yup, and French Quarter

That's why I wait until I have some facts before posting a blanket statement saying deluxe is x% and moderates is y%. A lot of people were excited over some certain resorts that didn't end up being as much off as originally said.

When it comes to room discounts, they vary widely between resorts and even between room types.

Thanks for this information, I really appreciate it. Time to crunch numbers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter