January 2014 discount watch!!

Was also looking at mousesavers and historically the only January discounts have been room only. I see people keep mentioning the S/P/D offer, but I have not seen that offered the past few years in January. Hope I'm wrong.

:confused3

It was offered last January (s/p/d).

Was also looking at mousesavers and historically the only January discounts have been room only. I see people keep mentioning the S/P/D offer, but I have not seen that offered the past few years in January. Hope I'm wrong.

:confused3

They probably just call it "package discount" of some sort on Mousesavers. Numerous people have posted a pic of the actual flyer from last year clearly stating Stay, Play, and Dine.

I have a Disney Visa. How will I know if there is a discount associated with that?
Will they email me? Just keep an eye out here?
Thanks.

I have a Disney Visa. How will I know if there is a discount associated with that?
Will they email me? Just keep an eye out here?
Thanks.

I also have a Disney visa and never get any emails for upcoming offers. Mostly I find out through reading the boards and periodically checking the Disney visa website. They are not very good with forward communication.

I too have a Disney Visa and have never received an email for the discount. I always trust this board to inform me reliably!!!

I don't mean to be a Disney Downer but I am not very excited this year! The having to wait for a discount that is not as good as previous years, is a real bummer!!! No doubt, my family will have an amazing vacation....but I am not sure we will continue to go every year if the price continues to go up with a less than flattering discount.
I hope that they release good info soon so that I can become excited again...I need to get out of this slump! Blah! Anyone else feeling discouraged???

Does anyone know what is going on with Expedia/Orbitz? They are not showing availability for any Disney hotels in 2014 through those sites. I'm guessing they haven't gone on sale yet. Anyone know when they typically go on sale for 2014?

I don't mean to be a Disney Downer but I am not very excited this year! The having to wait for a discount that is not as good as previous years, is a real bummer!!! No doubt, my family will have an amazing vacation....but I am not sure we will continue to go every year if the price continues to go up with a less than flattering discount.
I hope that they release good info soon so that I can become excited again...I need to get out of this slump! Blah! Anyone else feeling discouraged???

I'm feeling different/digruntled about this trip too. But mine is more because of the FP+ unknown. I want to stay at an Epcot resort; the Dolphin is the most affordable with the teacher (or AAA) rate so I was all set for staying there, made a ressie, joined the Starwoods club, got the Starwoods credit card to get a few free nights on points, and was pumped. But FP+ has been evolving and changing so rapidly. Come January, if only onsite hotels can use any sort of FP's and offsite are out of luck, then I don't know what to do about a resort. If offsite can still use the old FP, I will be thrilled and keep our plans. But if not...then I hope for a 35% off room rate at an Epcot resort and will have to decide if its worth costing more to stay at Disney than Dolphin just to have some sort of fast passes (in other words, Disney would have me right where they want me!) so yes I'm anxious for October to arrive to see the possible discounts but more anxious to see how this FP+ progresses. Heck, November people don't even know who's included yet so I can imagine knowing even in November what to expect for January.

I'm feeling different/digruntled about this trip too. But mine is more because of the FP+ unknown. I want to stay at an Epcot resort; the Dolphin is the most affordable with the teacher (or AAA) rate so I was all set for staying there, made a ressie, joined the Starwoods club, got the Starwoods credit card to get a few free nights on points, and was pumped. But FP+ has been evolving and changing so rapidly. Come January, if only onsite hotels can use any sort of FP's and offsite are out of luck, then I don't know what to do about a resort. If offsite can still use the old FP, I will be thrilled and keep our plans. But if not...then I hope for a 35% off room rate at an Epcot resort and will have to decide if its worth costing more to stay at Disney than Dolphin just to have some sort of fast passes (in other words, Disney would have me right where they want me!) so yes I'm anxious for October to arrive to see the possible discounts but more anxious to see how this FP+ progresses. Heck, November people don't even know who's included yet so I can imagine knowing even in November what to expect for January.

I'm assuming by January it will be fully FP+ only.

I actually enjoy waiting to see what the deal is. We never book relying on the discount, so we either bump up with the discount and add more of a dining plan or a deluxe hotel (we stay moderate otherwise). So I like the rush of the wait! Makes it more exciting!!

As far as FP+ it sounds like it is going to be an add on to the packages. Unfortunately (and I'm a teacher too) that might not include the Dolphin. It is like how you can't do the meal plan at the Dolphin. To be honest, it doesn't make much sense to me because I forget that it's not considered a "Disney" resort even though it is right there.

Has anyone seen any updates about Magic Bands?? I would like to use them if they're out in January. I think my little sister-in-law would really like them and I would feel better with the Magic Band vs her carrying her Key to the Kingdom or having us carry it. Thoughts??

::pixie dust for discounts :) ::

I really like waiting for the discount. I think it adds excitement! :)

In terms of the FP+ it looks like its an add on to the packages. Unfortunately, like the dining plan, it seems like it will not include the Dolphin.

Has anyone heard anything about Magic Bands??

On July 15th I got an Adults play stay and dine at kids prices offer and booked it. I am still looking for a better deal. We are flexible! Hoping for January discounts for dis'rs!! :yay:

I'm cool with waiting for the discount, but I've never planned a trip myself where getting the discount was applicable (offsite the last two times, and the nights we stayed onsite, we didn't know about discounts! What would we do without the DIS...:rotfl2:) Not sure about how the early morning phone call process will go but nothing ventured, nothing gained, I guess.

I have a question for those who have the Disney Visa - is it actually helpful in terms of getting access to discounts earlier? Or is it the same limited availability?

I'm hoping when I make my reservation, the discount will already be out there! :thumbsup2 I'll be making mine in October sometime (i'm not worried about not being able to get a room, for one, it's the slow season and two, theres 6 resorts I could stay at! I highly doubt they could ALLLLL get booked)

On July 15th I got an Adults play stay and dine at kids prices offer and booked it. I am still looking for a better deal. We are flexible! Hoping for January discounts for dis'rs!! :yay:

There will be no "better" deal.
That is what the the General Public offer will be for January.
P/S/D & R.O.

We will not know the discounts until they are released. Until then, it is at best a guess. Disney is a company, and they can change their mind if they want depending on what they need to sell.

It is probably wisest not to plan around having a particular discount, in case it doesn't end up being released or is changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter