• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2014 discount watch!!

You can apply the discount to an existing reservation if the discount is available for your resort, room type, and dates.

Okay sounds good. If i reserve the room with park tickets is that considered a package and I couldn't use a discount if it were a room only discount??

Would I be better off just getting them separately?

BUT THEN WOULD I GET DISNEY MAIL STILL? :scared1: I really want that Disney mail...lol

Okay sounds good. If i reserve the room with park tickets is that considered a package and I couldn't use a discount if it were a room only discount??

Would I be better off just getting them separately?

BUT THEN WOULD I GET DISNEY MAIL STILL? :scared1: I really want that Disney mail...lol

You can apply a RO discount to a package. You will just get a discount on the room portion of the package. I've done it before. :)

Can a room only discount be applied if the beginning date is partway through your booking?

We're going (staying at POP) December 28th - January 18th. For the first 14 days we've got a package and then a room only reservation after that.

If the 35% RO discount from this year happens again will I be able to apply it to both my reservations or will I need to split my reservations again?

Does the 35% even count for value resorts?

Can a room only discount be applied if the beginning date is partway through your booking?

We're going (staying at POP) December 28th - January 18th. For the first 14 days we've got a package and then a room only reservation after that.

If the 35% RO discount from this year happens again will I be able to apply it to both my reservations or will I need to split my reservations again?

Does the 35% even count for value resorts?

I think the RO discount started Jan 2 (last year) and when I look at that ad posted from last year, (edited to say that) lesser room categories are available at reduced discounts. Only deluxe/deluxe villa were @ 35% off.

I think the RO discount started Jan 2 (last year) and when I look at that ad posted from last year, it did include value as well.

The value resorts were 35% off?! I thought it was always tiered, somewhere in the teens for values, twenties for mods, maybe thirties for values. I certainly don't know January because we've been doing Nov/Dec for the last decade, but I don't know if I've ever seen 35% off a value.

The value resorts were 35% off?! I thought it was always tiered, somewhere in the teens for values, twenties for mods, maybe thirties for values. I certainly don't know January because we've been doing Nov/Dec for the last decade, but I don't know if I've ever seen 35% off a value.

I just looked at the flier again that someone posted on the previous page for the savings deal. It was 35% off for deluxe and villas, other rooms were at lesser savings as stated in the last sentence of the flier ("lower savings for other resorts").

I just looked at the flier again that someone posted on the previous page for the savings deal. It was 35% off for deluxe and villas, other rooms were at lesser savings as stated in the last sentence of the flier ("lower savings for other resorts").

Its up to 35% ..yes the higher the resort category the bigger the discount.

Any ideas when a discount will come? I assume after sept 15 because I think that is when the current one expires.

Any ideas when a discount will come? I assume after sept 15 because I think that is when the current one expires.

Historically the past few years, January discounts were released between September 30th and October 6th (according to mousesavers).

Pins expire the 15th.
Disney Visa offer should come out about 10-12 days after that.
Then it will turn to a General Public offer near the end of the first week of October.

When I called about changing my dates the other day the CM said to look for offers towards the end of the month....figured out I'd save more with SPD offer than room only

Was also looking at mousesavers and historically the only January discounts have been room only. I see people keep mentioning the S/P/D offer, but I have not seen that offered the past few years in January. Hope I'm wrong.

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter