January 2014 discount watch!!

I recieved Mickey Mail today! It stated that the 2014 rates have been released (though I keep reading here July 10) and that the rates I quoted were more than the actual rate!? They issued a refund and adjusted my itinerary for me. That was a nice surprise!

That's great news! I'm going to go check the mail now. :cool1:

Did disney release just the 2014 rack room rates only? I looked online and it does look like the rates for 2014 are a bit cheaper. That is good news!

The WDW web site doesn't seem to work for me. When I select a hotel (BWI), it loops back to the full, unfiltered list of hotels. I'll have to call.

Hmm, I just booked a room yesterday afternoon and the rates were exactly what I had seen online a few weeks ago. We're arriving Jan 5th, so I had entered Dec 31 - Jan 12 online to see rates starting Jan 5th, and the rates online for Jan 5-12 were exactly what I was quoted when I booked over the phone yesterday. Those are still the online rates, as far as I can see. I wonder if they still have not loaded the new rates, or if it's that the new rates have been in the online system for weeks now. But, looking at last year's rates from mousesavers (http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/), it looks like the increase per night has been $4-8/night. Not too bad.

The WDW web site doesn't seem to work for me. When I select a hotel (BWI), it loops back to the full, unfiltered list of hotels. I'll have to call.

That's exactly what it does to me. How are some seeing 2014 rates? We are also going Jan 5th-11th.

I looked last week for rates in January for CSR and they were $206/night. When I looked yesterday they were $196. But I am in the same boat as some of you, when I tried to click on any of the resorts it takes me back to the whole list again.

It's doing the same for me. I was going to see the price difference between POP (It went down from $109 to $95) and POR. Hopefully they will work out the kink soon!

It's doing the same for me. I was going to see the price difference between POP (It went down from $109 to $95) and POR. Hopefully they will work out the kink soon!

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one that it was happening to. I tried it a hundred times thinking that it wouldn't eventually give me some Disney Magic, but no luck. But I definitely saw lower rates, which is good.

I too am getting sent back to the full list! I guess I will have to call or wait until the 10th.

I've been to Disney before but a long time ago and am now travelling with my family (Daughter 12 and son 9) We will be in Orlando 11 Jan - 18 Jan and will obviously be visiting the parks.

What is the best way to get the best prices for accommodation? Is staying at a Disney hotel worth the money?

What are the PINS that people are mentioning about for free dining and where/when do you look for them?

Travelling for 7 weeks throughout the US I need all the help with costs that I can but still a good holiday for all

I've been to Disney before but a long time ago and am now travelling with my family (Daughter 12 and son 9) We will be in Orlando 11 Jan - 18 Jan and will obviously be visiting the parks.

What is the best way to get the best prices for accommodation? Is staying at a Disney hotel worth the money?

What are the PINS that people are mentioning about for free dining and where/when do you look for them?

Travelling for 7 weeks throughout the US I need all the help with costs that I can but still a good holiday for all

If not wanting to drive to the parks, then Disney Resorts are absolutely the best option. Plus each day a park opens early or stays open late for resort guests only. I love not needing a car or having to pay for parking. Their transportation drops off and picks up right in the front of the parks.

The Pins we talk about are special offers that disney randomly sends out. Either free dining plan or resort discounts. Nobody really knows how they choose who gets one but you should create an account on disneyworld.com and provide them an email address and allow them to email you offers. Some people get them in the regular mail to.

Hope you have a great vacay!

I checked the AAA website this morning after Disney's rate release today but the rooms are still showing 'sold out'. Not sure if they haven't been loaded into system yet or not.

If anybody has (or will call) Disney today, have you asked if AAA rates are available for January?

Not holding out much hope since we're @ AoA for just one night during marathon weekend but would be nice to see our rate of $146 for a LM room have even a couple of dole whips' discount;)

I checked the AAA website this morning after Disney's rate release today but the rooms are still showing 'sold out'. Not sure if they haven't been loaded into system yet or not.

If anybody has (or will call) Disney today, have you asked if AAA rates are available for January?

Not holding out much hope since we're @ AoA for just one night during marathon weekend but would be nice to see our rate of $146 for a LM room have even a couple of dole whips' discount;)

I just had a 15% discount added to my AKL rooms for July 2014, so the AAA discounts are definitely in the system. I would call and ask, it can't hurt!

The website is working for me now. There is still little availability at the BC & YC, but the BWI shows some standard rooms. I'll probably grab one and wait for room only discounts.

I just had a 15% discount added to my AKL rooms for July 2014, so the AAA discounts are definitely in the system. I would call and ask, it can't hurt!

Do you have to book through aaa to get the discount or can you do it through Disney?

:confused3 Just checked POP this am and it's giving me $112/nt & All-Stars $105/nt (middle to end of January dates) :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter