• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2014 discount watch!!

I got an email this week that Southwest's schedule and fares for January/February will be out on Monday at 4:00pm!! I plan to book our tickets that night! I have enough points so that our flights will be free! Gotta love that! :cool1:

I'm not sure there is a secret. Last year I only got one pin offer through email. This year I have already got 3.

What exactly is the secret to getting one of these coveted pin codes, anyway?

I have gotten them in the past when we're not going lol! This year, couldn't get one to save my life Since we are going. :sad: It's kind of like the lottery I think, and I'm unlucky.

I mean, there has to be some algorithm that Disney uses, to determine who gets them and who doesn't.

There are people who have gotten them literally EVERY year, for YEARS. And then other people, who have NEVER gotten them.

I have registered emails and addresses for myself, my wife, my mom, my sister, my brother, with Disney. None of them have gotten a Pin.

But, we have all gone under GP offers the last couple years, hell we even bought APs this trip. So.... I am guessing we aren't hitting the algorithm calculations properly.

I am very curious if it has something to do with where you live.

Two reasons:
one, when I was looking into how to find discounts, a lot of the people who reported getting pin codes seemed to live in the New England area (Boston, CT, etc) or Canada. But that could have just been the people in particular that I looked at their "location" information. No idea.

two, we were going to be moving to another location for three months but I didn't know the street address. Wondering about the above information, I tried to change my city on the Disney Website to see if they would change their marketing strategy based on where they thought I lived. They would not allow you to change your city information without a street address. Considering they have never ever mailed me anything snail mail, I thought that was interesting. Haven't tried on the new website (haven't tried much on the new website considering it doesn't do much).

It also would make sense to target people who live in that "borderline" distance from WDW - they would have to fly to get there, so having the discount could push them over the edge to go ahead and book the trip. You know?

Any thoughts?

We are one of the lucky ones who get pins every few months. We got them when we lived in Colorado, and now in North Carolina. I'm not sure what they're system is though. We signed up for the DVD's years and years ago and will go play at the website to save upcoming trips we are considering.

Two reasons:
one, when I was looking into how to find discounts, a lot of the people who reported getting pin codes seemed to live in the New England area (Boston, CT, etc) or Canada. But that could have just been the people in particular that I looked at their "location" information. No idea.

two, we were going to be moving to another location for three months but I didn't know the street address. Wondering about the above information, I tried to change my city on the Disney Website to see if they would change their marketing strategy based on where they thought I lived. They would not allow you to change your city information without a street address. Considering they have never ever mailed me anything snail mail, I thought that was interesting. Haven't tried on the new website (haven't tried much on the new website considering it doesn't do much).

It also would make sense to target people who live in that "borderline" distance from WDW - they would have to fly to get there, so having the discount could push them over the edge to go ahead and book the trip. You know?

Any thoughts?

We live in Canada and go yearly! 13 yrs later we've never once rcv'd a pin.

I got an email this week that Southwest's schedule and fares for January/February will be out on Monday at 4:00pm!! I plan to book our tickets that night! I have enough points so that our flights will be free! Gotta love that! :cool1:

Oh I'm so excited to know this!!! I've been waiting on Southwest to book my flights!! Yay! :yay: Thanks for sharing!!

I woke up this morning and checked Southwest, the flights are up for January!!! We are all booked! :cool1: Total for flights: $10! SCORE! Next on the agenda, making ADR's on July 12th!

I woke up this morning and checked Southwest, the flights are up for January!!! We are all booked! :cool1: Total for flights: $10! SCORE! Next on the agenda, making ADR's on July 12th!

Thanks for the heads up! I just booked our return flights after reading your post - $93 each from NH. Thank you!

Two reasons:

Any thoughts?

That really makes sense. We are in Texas and there is no way we could drive it - well, there is no way we WILL drive it. Wonder where that would factor in. At any rate, I have been registering my email with everything Disney, requested the DVD, etc. Fingers crossed! I am still just happy if the Magic Your Way packages for 2014 get released so we can book our package!

I booked SW flights yesterday too! My 180 is July 15th and I'm very impatiently waiting. Today we are at 200 mark.

My 180 is on July 8th.

I have not yet booked. I always wait until I have a room-only discount in hand to book (I have NEVER booked without a discount). This is the real kicker, I have my dates, my ADR window is opening in less than 2 weeks, AND I think I may have a discount! My cousin has very kindly offered to book us a CM friends and family discounted rate for January. I know he is super busy and I don't want to waste his time having him call, only to find out that the CM F&F rates are not bookable yet. So, I am waiting for Disney to release 2014 rates to tell him to book. Seriously, Disney, it's time to get those rates out!

Thanks for the heads up! I just booked our return flights after reading your post - $93 each from NH. Thank you!

Wow, 93 is a great price! I booked yesterday too, but I haven't seen a one way price that cheap from Indy for a long long time. Ours was 144 each way.

Hello HoosierMom
I was excited to see your post. I'm from near Bloomington and we too are planning a January 2014 trip. Like others we are waiting on the rates and discounts. I took a look on Monday at the SW flights, but didn't make any res. yet. Glad to see another fellow hoosier on here!

Hello HoosierMom
I was excited to see your post. I'm from near Bloomington and we too are planning a January 2014 trip. Like others we are waiting on the rates and discounts. I took a look on Monday at the SW flights, but didn't make any res. yet. Glad to see another fellow hoosier on here!

I looked at Southwest prices too but they are still way to high compared to what we usually pay in January!

I just looked at our 3 previous years flight ressies and they were all booked coincidentally in October each year (BUF-MCO) I check daily and book when theres a great price. I guess it looks like I have a few more months of daily flight checking ahead of me :confused3

I'm waiting on if there's a free dining promo to decide on our plans.
If no free dining then we will spend more time at Hard Rock & on the "Darkside" then at Disney!

I just want to get something booked!! This wait is killing me! :laughing:

My 180 is on July 8th.

I have not yet booked. I always wait until I have a room-only discount in hand to book (I have NEVER booked without a discount). This is the real kicker, I have my dates, my ADR window is opening in less than 2 weeks, AND I think I may have a discount! My cousin has very kindly offered to book us a CM friends and family discounted rate for January. I know he is super busy and I don't want to waste his time having him call, only to find out that the CM F&F rates are not bookable yet. So, I am waiting for Disney to release 2014 rates to tell him to book. Seriously, Disney, it's time to get those rates out!

You don't need to have a reservation to book your ADR's.. the only thing you can't do is book at the 180+10 day mark. You have to wait until the 180 mark. All our ADR's are usually made before we actually book our trip.

Just read this on Allears.net

Starting July 10, vacation packages for 2014 arrivals to Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa will be available for booking. These packages can be booked only for travel up to 499 days before arrival, and travel must conclude by December 31, 2014.

Can't wait!!:yay:

Hello HoosierMom

Hi there!!

I think we only live about 1 hour from Bloomington. We're in Plainfield. We love booking with Southwest. No luggage fees, and no change air fees. We booked them for October also for flights from Indy to Orlando. I'm so glad I got them early. Our October flights have gone up quite a bit since we booked.

I just learned yesterday that if you are on Southwest's website and you book one of the Airtran flights, then you get the same SW policy of no luggage fee or change air fee....but you have to be booking from SW's site. The only difference is it is not open seating on Airtran. They assign seating at check in.

Have fun planning your Disney trip! We are going 01/25 coming home 02/01. We are going back to CSR this trip. We loved it last time. Just heard that package booking begins on July 10. Now let's hope we get free dining.

You don't need to have a reservation to book your ADR's.. the only thing you can't do is book at the 180+10 day mark. You have to wait until the 180 mark. All our ADR's are usually made before we actually book our trip.

The only one that I'm sweating is BOG because it's so new and I'm afraid that the people that arrive for Christmas / New Year's / Marathon will snag all the ADRs with the 180 + 10. We plan to get there Jan 5 and wanted to head to MK Jan 6 and eat at BOG. In the past, I've never had problems switching my ADRs around much, much later than 180 days out. I am not planning on any of the other popular ADRs - no Ohana, no CP at 8:00 am, no LC.

I am wondering if due to the rates not being released many are still waiting to book and I could just book each ADR at 180 days. :confused3 How many of you already have resort reservations for January?

We are going from 1/1-1/10 and we are DVC members who need a cash reservation for the night of 1/2 (this is going to be a pretty crazy split stay). We are thinking of booking the Poly that night and hoping for the AP or Disney Visa discount. Because we have DVC reservations on 1/1, and then from 1/3-1/10, does that mean that we can book at 180+10? I guess I'm asking if a one night resort reservation gets us the full 180+10 benefit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter