January 2014 discount watch!!

I will be there Jan 10-18! Going for the marathon and then (hopefully) celebrating my miraculous finish with 5 days in the parks :yay:

Already booked room-only at POR

Will Disney send out a PIN to you if you've already reserved? Seems silly on their part so I am not crossing my fingers. I am hoping to see some other discounts later on, possibly through Disney Visa.

Just booked Jan 2 - 11th in Cars suite at AoA. Praying for a free dining discount. We have a family reunion of almost 20 people! Fingers crossed for something!

Figured someone started a Jan 2014 thread. Never too early! Count us in for sometime late Jan/early Feb. We had a terrific time this year and can't wait to go back.

We will be there Jan 21-25, then off on the Disney Dream for 5 days. We have not booked any resort yet. I am patiently waiting for any package deals for 2014.

Looking at January 2014 for a BFF trip:hug: - hoping for FD or a room discount code!!! Mostly, FD ... Can someone tell me when Jan 2013 FD was announced? Also, what are the dates of the marathon and MLK weekend in 2014 :confused3 - sorry I'm not from the States these days!

There was no free dining this past January for the general public.

Previous years its been announced July/August from what I can remember.

Hello - We are planning next Jan as well. Has anyone used Magical Vacations recently and would recommend a specific agent? We used them 4 years ago and they were great! But it seems that our agent is no longer there.

Getting excited...now to pick a resort - Does anyone out there have any favorites? We stayed Poly last time and are dreaming of Grand Fla. Thoughts?

Getting excited...now to pick a resort - Does anyone out there have any favorites? We stayed Poly last time and are dreaming of Grand Fla. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The Poly and GF threads on the resorts page are pretty helpful if you're weighing the two. We're AKL/WL people...............:)

Getting excited...now to pick a resort - Does anyone out there have any favorites? We stayed Poly last time and are dreaming of Grand Fla. Thoughts?

We are usually WL people as well. DH's favorite. However this time we are traveling with family. They are staying at AOA for a family suite. We have decided to stay in a Little Mermaid room there as well. Thought we would try out the newest resort. Hope we will be happy there.

The Poly and GF threads on the resorts page are pretty helpful if you're weighing the two. We're AKL/WL people...............:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kanderson and Kujochurch! I just have not made it over to those threads yet. I keep getting distracted by other threads...;)

I am patiently waiting for my UOGuide (I am sorry i have forgotten my lingo!) so that I can check out the crowd calculator for next Jan. We are planning 19-26 MLK weekend and are hoping the crowds are manageable. Someone mentioned ealier on this thread that this years Jan crowds were bigger than expected...

Joining in! We are going down for the craziness of the marathon, so I don't know of we will see any pins. Planning on staying at Swan if there are no great deals as it is so close to Epcot.

Hi! :wave2: The BF and I are taking a trip down to WDW Jan 29-Feb 2 2014. I CANNOT wait! We'll be celebrating a lovely 2 years together! :flower3: I was hoping we were able to book packages farther out than the summer of 2013 but I guess we'll just have to wait it out like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Is it January yet?????

I was hoping we were able to book packages farther out than the summer of 2013 but I guess we'll just have to wait it out like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Is it January yet?????
I hear ya...the waiting game sucks :rolleyes1
The worst part is trying to anticipate if there are going to be any deals or not! We are hoping for Free Dining again..but not expecting it since it wasn't offered Jan/Feb this year.

The 3rd or 4th week of January are our Favourite weeks of the year to go! Can't wait!

Jumping in :yay:
Looking at January 19-24 but flexible due to airfare. My daughter celebrates her 5th birthday on January 20 and I will be surprising her. Do they usually offer free dining in January? Were Decemeber kind of girls.

Count us in for Jan. 2014- Just booked our room today. It's our first time staying onsite and we are staying at the Contemporary with a theme park view.

will be there for the marathon week.....and am soooo confused. I went in 1972 or 1973 (the year it opened) and there wasn't much choice then for hotels. (plus dad was military so I think we stayed in some kind of military motel). January 7 - 13, I think.

Jumping in :yay:
Looking at January 19-24 but flexible due to airfare. My daughter celebrates her 5th birthday on January 20 and I will be surprising her. Do they usually offer free dining in January? Were Decemeber kind of girls.

We go just about every January. First there is the Marathon..so no free dining usually.

Then comes Martin Luther King Weekend (MLK day-Jan 20th 2014)so they know its going to be busy..there for no free dining.

Looking at the January 2014 Calendar.. if going by what has historically been offered around the time that we go..Free dining... if available would start again on Saturday the 25th.

It usually starts the weekend after my birthday..which is Jan 19th.

There was no free dining this past January.
We are hoping it will come back for Jan '14

We go just about every January. First there is the Marathon..so no free dining usually.

Then comes Martin Luther King Weekend (MLK day-Jan 20th 2014)so they know its going to be busy..there for no free dining.

Looking at the January 2014 Calendar.. if going by what has historically been offered around the time that we go..Free dining... if available would start again on Saturday the 25th.

It usually starts the weekend after my birthday..which is Jan 19th.

There was no free dining this past January.
We are hoping it will come back for Jan '14

We are looking at going in January 2014 - it will be our first time in January. We are looking at 2 - 11th. I am not expecting free dining though. How are the crowds at this time? We are expecting the weekend following New Year's to be busy from New Year's crowds - does it normally clear out after that & before marathon weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter