January 2013

I'm definitely hoping for warm weather in January! My brother wants to go to blizzard beach no matter what, so here's hoping January 5th is warm since the next day it closes for rehab and it will be our only shot ( we arrive mid day on the 4th)

and no Epcot. :( We were there a few days longer than you were. We were there October 8-13, 2006, and went to our first MNSSHP. It was a great trip!! We stayed at the WL in a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks popping through the trees.

I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas. :lmao:

Please, please move WDW to North Texas. :cool1:

and no Epcot. :( We were there a few days longer than you were. We were there October 8-13, 2006, and went to our first MNSSHP. It was a great trip!! We stayed at the WL in a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks popping through the trees.

I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas. :lmao:

Please, please move WDW to North Texas. :cool1:

I wish they would!!! I have heard my entire life that Disney was building another park off of 287 inbetween Rhome and Decatur. My mom called me excited one day. My dad has a cousin that is a realtor in Decatur. My mom had been in her office talking about selling her house and land. They were catching up and talking about the kids and stuff. When she told the cousin that I was obsessed with anything Disney, the cousin told her that she had news that would make me super happy. She said that Disney had been in the area looking at land and such to build another park. My mom looked really confused when I laughed instead of getting really excited. I was like, "silly mom, if Disney was really looking for land to build another park, or even just a resort, they sure wouldn't do it under the Disney name. They would do it like they did with Disney World and use dummie company names, so the land prices wouldn't go up."

I can't believe I haven't subbed here yet!
We are going to wdw for the first time January - sometime between 2-9 and staying at aoa
Super excited and nervous all at the same time

I can't believe I haven't subbed here yet!
We are going to wdw for the first time January - sometime between 2-9 and staying at aoa
Super excited and nervous all at the same time

:welcome: & gotcha added

We stayed at the Pop at drove by the AoA, so many times on our June trip. It looks so cool!! I wished it had been open during our trip.

Subbing!

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in January at our very favorite place!

It will be our first trip to WDW without the kiddos! We are super excited with some twinges of guilt thrown in (can't imagine not being there with the kids). It will also be our first time staying at the Poly. VERY excited about that too!

Subbing!

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in January at our very favorite place!

It will be our first trip to WDW without the kiddos! We are super excited with some twinges of guilt thrown in (can't imagine not being there with the kids). It will also be our first time staying at the Poly. VERY excited about that too!

:welcome: & added I put you in undecided since you didn't put your dates. If you want to add them, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine as well.
My DH and I went for a couple of days without the kids in 2000 for our 5th wedding anniversary. We had met at the MK in 1994 while on Spring Break. Every once in a while I would feel a little guilty about not taking the kids. Then again, we were only in the parks for two days over 4th of July weekend and the DSs were both under 2. Besides I think it's good for mom and dad to get away without the kids. We were going to go on another kidless trip in January 2013, but then we noticed it would be right in the middle of wrestling season. We will go again without the kids, b/c it's just nice to be able to do the things they don't like (or want) to do.

Count me in! Arriving January 27 - Feb. 3 AOA! :woohoo:

:welcome: & added
That resort just looks so cool!! What section are y'all staying in? I would love to stay in each of them at least once.

We just got back last night from WDW and can't wait for our January trip, especially for Fantasyland to open up. To our surprise yesterday after being inside Mickey's Philharmagic an announcement was made that Disney is doing a testing on one of the new attractions at Fantasyland and if we had an hour to spare and would like to take part please head back to the blue construction walls and cast members will direct you from there. So of course we went to check it out, we only had 1.5 hours until we had to catch the ME to the airport but we weren't going to miss this opportunity to be some of the first to see parts of the new Fantasyland additions.

DD had a Belle outfit on and the CMs leading us into Fantasyland kept making a fuss over DD. So we started to think we were going to see some of the new Beauty and the Beast areas of Fantasyland.

Just let me tell you the details we saw were AMAZING :cloud9::dance3::cloud9:.

We got to enter in Maurice's cottage. Hanging on a wall is a picture of Belle as a child with her mom. There is also a growth chart of Belle on one of the walls. We of course had our DD stand next to it to see where she compared with Belle. There is even the book that Belle is reading in the movie and the sheep took a bite out of the page sitting on a table inside the cottage.

Then they take you into Maurice's workshop. There are blueprints all over the place and a beautiful mirror hanging on one of the walls. We made sure to stand in front of the mirror. Once everyone is inside, the CM tells you no more flash photography and asks us to repeat after him. "Show us the night Belle and Beast fall in love" The mirror then transforms into a doorway and we are asked to walk through. It was so magically to see the mirror transform and then walk into Beast's castle. :wizard:

Once inside the castle, which is breathtaking:cloud9: , another CM is there with the enchanted wardrobe. Yes, there is a lifesize talking/animated wardrobe inside this room. They explain that the Beast wants to surprise Belle by having us "villagers" help retell the story of how they met. They ask for villagers to help act out the parts. DH was picked to be one of the "marching" knights. The villager actors are given props for their roles and we all practice our "parts".

We are then lead into the Castle Library and Luminaire is on the mantle to meet us along with two additional CMs. The actors are asked to take their places and the rest of us "villagers" are asked to take a seat on three different rows of benches. We decided to sit on the far right side of the room up front to be position in front of DH. WHich happened to be a great spot because we were seated right next to the door that Belle entered and exited. Everyone acted out their parts and they had a Photopass photographer taking pictures. All the actors got a bookmark from Belle and a special photopass card with Belle on the card. I wasn't planning on buying photopass from this trip but now I might be tempted once I load up all our cards.

I am so excited that we got see this firsthand and now can't wait to see the rest of fantasyland in January.

just got home from AAA its official we will be there June 2-11 staying at AoA- finding nemo suites! :yay:

I just subbed to this, but we are going to wdw jan 26 - feb 2. This will be our first trip there and we will be staying at the poly! Looking forward to sharing in the excitement as it gets closer!

I just subbed to this, but we are going to wdw jan 26 - feb 2. This will be our first trip there and we will be staying at the poly! Looking forward to sharing in the excitement as it gets closer!

Count me in! January 3-7 Port Orleans French Quarter, just me and my girlfriend! :clown:

:welcome: to you both and your both added

I'm sorry it took me so long to get y'all added. The DSs have started back to school, which includes football practice, and I've started back as well. It's crazy around here. I already miss sleeping.

Hi everyone, :wave2:

I am Nicole. DH, DD, and I are all going to the World from January 5th to the 13th. I will be running the half marathon on the 12th. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level.

Hi everyone, :wave2:

I am Nicole. DH, DD, and I are all going to the World from January 5th to the 13th. I will be running the half marathon on the 12th. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level.

:welcome: & added

I would love to stay at the AKL sometime. It looks like such a beautiful resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter