January 2013

Count me out for January :( Having to move to Feb b/c of DH's new job.... Ya'll enjoy January!!!

I'll take you off the list then. I'm sorry you're having to move your trip. I hope y'all have a magical time!!

Ok, I'm back from WDW. Had a super awesome time...couldn't ask for better weather and low, low crowds.

Gave me good practice for our Jan 2013 trip.

I'm really giving AoA some serious thought. If they offer free dining or an AP discount, I think we can swing it. Otherwise, we'll probably just go to Pop before our Disney Dream cruise.

Welcome back!! I'm glad the trip went so well. Now I just hope all our trips go as well next year.

I haven't done a whole lot of planning this week. I did make an appointment to get our taxes done on Saturday night. We might sneak off to a movie after. My DH keeps insisting that we put it off, b/c he wants to spend the weekend doing nothing but playing Star Wars. That's fine, we can do that, but we are going to get the taxes done so I can see if we're getting a return. That way, I can start planning the trip.

Welcome back!! I'm glad the trip went so well. Now I just hope all our trips go as well next year.

I haven't done a whole lot of planning this week. I did make an appointment to get our taxes done on Saturday night. We might sneak off to a movie after. My DH keeps insisting that we put it off, b/c he wants to spend the weekend doing nothing but playing Star Wars. That's fine, we can do that, but we are going to get the taxes done so I can see if we're getting a return. That way, I can start planning the trip.

yeah, if this January trip is any indication of what January is like, then we may have just found ourselves our new time to go! It was a total blast!

My DH insists on doing our taxes on his own. I'm ok with that as it saves us money and we know our financial situation. but he won't start until April and then is literally down to the wire hitting "send" at 11:58pm. :mad: We usually get a bit of money back and I'd like to have that asap. But can't convince him otherwise.

And since I don't want to do it either, I just 'smile and nod'! ;)

yeah, if this January trip is any indication of what January is like, then we may have just found ourselves our new time to go! It was a total blast!

My DH insists on doing our taxes on his own. I'm ok with that as it saves us money and we know our financial situation. but he won't start until April and then is literally down to the wire hitting "send" at 11:58pm. :mad: We usually get a bit of money back and I'd like to have that asap. But can't convince him otherwise.

And since I don't want to do it either, I just 'smile and nod'! ;)

We have never done our own taxes. H&R Block has always done them. I love the insurance that we can buy from them, that if something is done wrong we don't have to do a thing. They fix it and take care of the fees up to a certain amount (I just can't remember how much).

Did the DIS always have a spell check feature? I have been using Google Chrome b/c the boards seem to run faster on it than on Internet Explorer. I wasn't paying attention and I typed "certain" as "certian" and I noticed a red squiggly line under it, like when he spell a word wrong in Microsoft Word. I don't remember it ever doing that before. Well I'm going to watch a movie called "Imprint" that my mom insist that I watch. She's in love with one of the actors in it.

No, DIS did not have spell check when I first started using it.

Let's us know how Imprint was.

Did the DIS always have a spell check feature? I have been using Google Chrome b/c the boards seem to run faster on it than on Internet Explorer. I wasn't paying attention and I typed "certain" as "certian" and I noticed a red squiggly line under it, like when he spell a word wrong in Microsoft Word. I don't remember it ever doing that before.

Firefox does that, maybe it is also a google chrome feature?

Firefox does that, maybe it is also a google chrome feature?

No, DIS did not have spell check when I first started using it.

Let's us know how Imprint was.

I think y'all are right on that, it must be Google Chrome. I am on Internet Explorer right now and I tested typing certain incorrectly, and it didn't catch it.

Imprint, well it's hard to say b/c I like one of the actors. I liked the story. A bit of the acting was good, others not so much. At least it had a hottie. :lmao: His name is Michael Spears. He's a Native American actor. My mom has this thing for Native American men, and loves watching movies with lots of them in it. Which is why she loves this movie so much. She actually starting liking Twilight just b/c another one of her favorite actors, Gil Birmingham, is in it. If your a Twilight fan, he plays Billy Black. The picture below is of Michael Spears with his brother Eddie. Michael is on the right and Eddie, the left. I swear those boys have the most beautiful hair.
hsdwpx2gt5jrhrdt.jpg

Has the DIS been running slow for anyone else? I thought I fixed the problem by coming to the site on Google Chrome, but it's even slow on that now. It's not uncommon for me to be able to play a 3 minute game of solitaire before a page loads, and that's if it's running good.

Has the DIS been running slow for anyone else? I thought I fixed the problem by coming to the site on Google Chrome, but it's even slow on that now. It's not uncommon for me to be able to play a 3 minute game of solitaire before a page loads, and that's if it's running good.

Not quite that bad, but yes it has been running slower than usual for me.

Well, we're not getting our taxes done this weekend. DH refuses to leave the house b/c he wants to do a bunch of gaming. We didn't get to do as much last weekend as he had wanted to. I don't know what he's going to do next year when we go to WDW. Actually, yes I do know. We'll bring 2 laptops and log in long enough to get daily quests done. I swear we're such addicts. Oh, well, we'll get them done next weekend and then I will know what kind of trip to plan for this summer.

I just wish we could get some more information on 2013 package pricing, discounts, and if the new Be Our Guest restaurant will be open.

On the main DIS forums page, I noticed they had an updated 2012 DDP list. My thinking is that any new restaurants will also be on the 2013 list, well hopefully. I noticed Fulton's Crab House is on it, and I had never noticed it being on the DDP before. Of course that could have just been me not noticing it. If it's on the 2013 DDP list, I may have found out where I am going to have my bday dinner.

Well, we're not getting our taxes done this weekend. DH refuses to leave the house b/c he wants to do a bunch of gaming. We didn't get to do as much last weekend as he had wanted to. I don't know what he's going to do next year when we go to WDW. Actually, yes I do know. We'll bring 2 laptops and log in long enough to get daily quests done. I swear we're such addicts. Oh, well, we'll get them done next weekend and then I will know what kind of trip to plan for this summer.

I just wish we could get some more information on 2013 package pricing, discounts, and if the new Be Our Guest restaurant will be open.

I'm dying to hear more about the Be Our Guest Restaurant!!! So excited!! At least, I finally made it to less than one year!! :banana:

I started the official Feb thread since most of our time falls in Feb, but would love to be added in here too!!

We arrive Jan 28 and leave Feb 5. Art of Animation!!

We are going the same time!!! Probably staying at AOA too, but are still considering POR...I can't decide! :confused3 :hippie:Planning is half the fun

We are going the same time!!! Probably staying at AOA too, but are still considering POR...I can't decide! :confused3 :hippie:Planning is half the fun

Yes it is. I love the planning!!! I'm working right now on the first draft of our ADRs. Now there are so many 2 credits TSs that I want to do that we may not get to them all this trip. Oh darn it, that'll just force us to have to make another trip.

So I'm having trouble with the first draft of our ADRs. I thought I would come here for help. The dinner I am having the most trouble with is the dinner of my bday. The original plan was to eat dinner at Jiko, but that was before Fulton's Crab House went on the DDP. Having never eaten at either, I don't know which to pick. Too many choices = making my brain hurt. Which would y'all pick for your bday dinner? Jiko or Fulton's Crab House?

Just sent my FB request to the OP as well.

I made our ressies on Tuesday for a grand villa from January 1-6. I am so freaking excited I can hardly stand it!! We are DVC members but we decided not to go to the parks in 2012 & to take a Disney cruise instead. Over Christmas my DH said that he could tell that I was jonesing to be planning a disney trip so why didn't we plan one. We started talking about how much fun it would be to go with a big group of friends and the idea was born for a grand villa. When I got out the school calendar & realized that we don't go back until January 7 (I'm a teacher) the date was picked.

It's going to be my 4 person family, my MIL, & then some friends (2 or 3 of them Disers) for a total of 11-12 people. :banana:

Just sent my FB request to the OP as well.

I made our ressies on Tuesday for a grand villa from January 1-6. I am so freaking excited I can hardly stand it!! We are DVC members but we decided not to go to the parks in 2012 & to take a Disney cruise instead. Over Christmas my DH said that he could tell that I was jonesing to be planning a disney trip so why didn't we plan one. We started talking about how much fun it would be to go with a big group of friends and the idea was born for a grand villa. When I got out the school calendar & realized that we don't go back until January 7 (I'm a teacher) the date was picked.

It's going to be my 4 person family, my MIL, & then some friends (2 or 3 of them Disers) for a total of 11-12 people. :banana:

:welcome: & added.

It sounds like you have the start of a great trip. I would love to do a Grand Gathering and stay in a Grand Villa some day. My DH actually got me to agree to go back to school b/c he said that once I graduate and get a job with my degree, that we will buy into DVC.

Which Grand Villa are y'all going to be staying at? I would love to see as many pictures of it that you can stand to take.

I would love to do a Disney cruise, or any cruise really. I used to work in a day care and one of our families went on a Disney cruise when they first started. When they got back, they kept telling me that I just had to go on one.

So I'm having trouble with the first draft of our ADRs. I thought I would come here for help. The dinner I am having the most trouble with is the dinner of my bday. The original plan was to eat dinner at Jiko, but that was before Fulton's Crab House went on the DDP. Having never eaten at either, I don't know which to pick. Too many choices = making my brain hurt. Which would y'all pick for your bday dinner? Jiko or Fulton's Crab House?
I have no idea, I have been wondering the same thing. I am looking for a fun place for a birthday dinner for me and my daughter's birthday dinner too.

I made our ressies on Tuesday for a grand villa from January 1-6.
That sounds like an awesome way to welcome 2013 :woohoo:

I've never been to FCH so can't comment on that.

We've been to Jiko and it gets wonderful reviews. However, we went within 2 months of it opening and thought it still needed to work out the kinks. Something was just "off" and neither DH nor I could identify.

We both greatly prefer Narcoosee or Cali Grill, of course the food is excellent but the entertainment options to watch fireworks and EWP just add to the whole ambiance!

Sorry I can't help you more!

I was encouraged to join the Disboards and this thread by my BF ImaDVCwannabe. We are hoping to go to DW in Jan next year when she visits with her family.

Our dates will be the same as hers Jan 7-15
Staying at either Pop or POR

I was encouraged to join the Disboards and this thread by my BF ImaDVCwannabe. We are hoping to go to DW in Jan next year when she visits with her family.

Our dates will be the same as hers Jan 7-15
Staying at either Pop or POR

Yeah :cool1: You found us. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get to go with us. Would be super fun and the kiddos will love it!!!

Totally off topic but I'm so excited and had to share. I just found an avatar that combines my fav two characters. Jack and the Mad Hatter :cool1: LOVE IT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter