January 2012 Car Rentals

We are flying into Tampa but returning the car rental to mco however we are paying an extra 120.00 more then if we would do a pickup and return our car to mco ugh...I'm hoping the price will go down some more does anyone know if car rentals from Tampa are normally more expensive? Btw we will be arriving 1/6 to 1/15 we are paying $279.00 this is with the Costco 25% off plus the $50.00 off full size. Just wanted to add that we are book through alamo.

We just joined the National and Alamo car clubs. Still, with that and other discounts we haven't seen prices drop below $350 for our dates of 12/30 thru 1/7. We'll keep trying!

Just booked with Alamo for 1/29 to 2/4 for $130 for a compact with taxes. Used insider discount only, no Saturday overnight keep, so don't qualify for coupons. Hopefully I'll get it down some more before then...

Be careful and read the terms, many companies have a clause allowing them to 'recalculate' your rate if you return it early, and you could owe more. :scared1:

Yes, this is correct. Read the fine print.

Note: My alamo rental for 1/5 - 1/10 is down a few more dollars today to $99. I love a bah-gain!
Kris

When you check daily for your rates, do you find a new code to try or do the rates just drop using the same code? I've been checking daily sometimes multiple times a day and always get the same rate.

I'm renting from Lakeland Airport for 1/6/12 at 8:00 PM to 1/16 at 1:00 PM and the best I can do is $441.70 (with tax & fees). Of course there aren't very many choices at that airport. I'm pretty much stuck with Hertz.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I keep reading that rates are falling for others. I want mine to fall too!

When you check daily for your rates, do you find a new code to try or do the rates just drop using the same code? I've been checking daily sometimes multiple times a day and always get the same rate.

I'm renting from Lakeland Airport for 1/6/12 at 8:00 PM to 1/16 at 1:00 PM and the best I can do is $441.70 (with tax & fees). Of course there aren't very many choices at that airport. I'm pretty much stuck with Hertz.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I keep reading that rates are falling for others. I want mine to fall too!

I usually go in and "modify" an existing reservation and clear any RATE code that is listed and click the box to change the car type.

Sometimes I also jump between a couple of different codes, like Walmart or Costco, or ??? Also , clear your cookies.

Kris

Rates are definately falling. I'm down to $263 with taxes and fees for a 14 day mid-sized rental with Alamo, using the Costco coupons. But they finally posted a $30 general use coupon for those who don't have Costco. I'd still love to get down to $100ish/week, but I'm pretty happy with this rate!

Rates are definately falling. I'm down to $263 with taxes and fees for a 14 day mid-sized rental with Alamo, using the Costco coupons. But they finally posted a $30 general use coupon for those who don't have Costco. I'd still love to get down to $100ish/week, but I'm pretty happy with this rate!

I was just coming to post as well! Just got an Alamo insiders email with a $40 off coupon, so it dropped my already modified reservation from $114 to $84 for a standard size car January 7-15. Woohoo!! :cool1:

I was just coming to post as well! Just got an Alamo insiders email with a $40 off coupon, so it dropped my already modified reservation from $114 to $84 for a standard size car January 7-15. Woohoo!! :cool1:

got the coupon as well and my rental from Jan. 8-16 for an economy car is down to $77

woohoo

anyone know if this rate will still go down?

As I check and re-check Alamo's site for a better deal, I am getting this message more and more:

Capacity reached - Coupon is not available.

Is this common?

I have 177.xx Jan 27 to Feb 4. Not as low as I'd like, but much better than the 400.xx rates I saw a few weeks ago!! My parents are trying to get Jan 27 to Jan 31, but so far rates are still over $200. We will keep trying!

Thanks to everyone on this thread, we have an 8 night midsize through Alamo for a total of $96.83

I'm using the Visa ID:7015504 and the Alamo.com January coupon: AD2489ACW

This is a big savings over what I was seeing a few weeks ago (over $200).

Here I'm glad I was able to get a $40 off coupon due to being an Alamo Insider which brought my total down to $203 for a full size car for 8 days. (We are renting from MCO and dropping off at TPA)

Once again the price of our full size car with Alamo has come down for 7 nights, 8 days to $139.00:cool1::lmao:

I just went in and "modified" my existing reservation, which this morning was for $99 (Jan 5-10th ..economy) and found tonight that the total cost for an economy is $65!! How can you not rent a car??? :) I was only able to use the $30 off coupon and code 7014667 (Alamo insiders code of which I am a member)

Happy car hunting everyone!
Kris

Thanks to everyone on this thread, we have an 8 night midsize through Alamo for a total of $96.83

I'm using the Visa ID:7015504 and the Alamo.com January coupon: AD2489ACW

This is a big savings over what I was seeing a few weeks ago (over $200).

do I need to show anything with these codes?? I got a great deal Jan 6-10 $70

do I need to show anything with these codes?? I got a great deal Jan 6-10 $70

Hi All - I just tried these codes and it was $200. Am I missing something? Are you using the Alamo site or car rental savers? We are going 17-25 of January.

Thanks so much!!

just got mine down to $89 for 1/29 to 2/4 for an economy. I used my insider's number and the $35 off on Alamo's site. Very happy with this! :cool1:

Hi All - I just tried these codes and it was $200. Am I missing something? Are you using the Alamo site or car rental savers? We are going 17-25 of January.

Thanks so much!!

I was able to get a compact car for 62.40 just by logging on to Alamo insider under my 'account' and they had a special for $40 off weekly rental.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter