January 2011 Check-In ** Celebrating the New Year!

I'll be there Jan 13 & 14. We are staying at the Best Western across from the park, I think.

There was some cheap flights MLK weekend (14-17), so I tried to look into places to stay so my husband and sons could take a weekend trip. WOW! EVERYTHING is sold out that weekend! All the Disney hotels are booked, HOJO, Candy Cane, Desert Inn, etc. I couldn't find anything reasonable within walking distance.

I was told MLK holiday and a huge convention is to blame. So glad I looked into hotels before I bought the airline tickets!

We were told the blocks of rooms for the convention would be released either today or sometime next week (the 3rd or 4th?). But, yeah. The DLH messed up our ressie and we're hoping to get a cancellation somewhere so we can get the room upgrade we want (they upgraded one of our two rooms, but not the other - totally their fault!)

Sorry about your ressie, but good news about the room blocks. I'll have to keep trying! Thx for the info.

:yay: Our first January travelers start their vacation tomorrow!! :yay:

arielchickenofthesea & Curiouser&Curiouser -- Wishing you a Magical time!! :wizard:

:yay: So as I was telling my BF the other day I may get to stay a bit later than originally planned and squeeze in a few more Disney days. I don't have to go back to work until next Friday once I leave tomorrow.

Yea! We are going to the land of the mouse from 1/14 through 1/17, and staying for the first time on site: Grand Californian. (Glad I made ressies mid-December, we got a decent rate, and everything else is booked)

Celebrating my husband's 38th Birthday :wizard:

Yea! We are going to the land of the mouse from 1/14 through 1/17, and staying for the first time on site: Grand Californian. (Glad I made ressies mid-December, we got a decent rate, and everything else is booked)

Celebrating my husband's 38th Birthday :wizard:

Congrats on staying on site for the first time! The Grand Californian is wonderful!! Getting you added to the OP now :thumbsup2

We're headed for a short trip Jan 7th - Jan 9th! No plans where we're staying or anything, but we're going! :yay:

One week from today I'll be in DCA somewhere. Just hope theres no stormy weather that morning. I'll be driving from Vegas in the early morning and hope to be at DCA when they open.

Woo hoo! Got our ressie fixed today so both rooms are upgraded. Then went online to see that our old room had become available. Then it was gone an hour later!

Good news, Dahlia!

My husband and sons decided on a LA, Universal trip. I'm sure they will have fun.

Thank goodness I have my trip at the end of Jan. or I would be super jealous! :thumbsup2

Don't know if it matters, but our trip has been canceled. Hopefully to be completed sometime later in the year... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter