• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2010. . . Anyone else going???

Just sent my confirmation to book January 2010. Our first trip not in the middle of summer. I so hope the weather is good. We are going for our 30th wedding anniversary. :woohoo:

So We will be at CSR from Jan 16th and leaving Jan 24th. :cheer2:

CONGRATS on the 30th. We celebrated our 30th this year also! Isn't it a wonderful accomplishment. I'm lucky to have a DH that loves Disney as much as I do (almost)!

So our trip just went from three of us (myself, DH, & DD8mo.) to a Grand Gathering. We are now going with my MIL & FIL, SIL & her husband, BIL, and my GPIL?? (Grandparents inlaw) haha. Luckily I love my in laws. In fact I hate using the words in laws because they really are just family to me. We are going to get a 2 bedroom villa and a studio. My husband and I will still be going for the full week while the rest of them join us for the last 4 nights. We are debating between BLT and AKLV. I can't decide and they are leaving it all up to me. I love the convenience of BLT but I love the themeing and food at AKLV so much more. I think AKLV is doable with a 1 year old, especially with 9 adults on hand to help, and doubt we'll stay there when we have more little ones with us.

Lucky you to be sharing such a wonderful trip with in-laws you love. Hope you have a wonderful grand gathering!

We booked our Jan 2010 vacation last week. Couldn't pass up the deals! We'll be staying at CSR for the first time Jan 3-10. This year I'm thinking about doing a TR or a dining report. I always love to read everyone else's. I'll have to bring a journal to remember everything! :)

Here are our ADRs:

1/3 - Chef Mickey's 850p
1/4 - Sci-Fi 4p
1/5 - San Angel Inn (first time)
1/6 - Sanaa 810p (first time)
1/7 - Plaza Restaurant 210p
1/8 - Chefs de France 6p
1/9 - Ohana 730a

See you there!!! :yay:

So what time can you try making ADRs online? It sounds like that opens up before the phone lines.

I think DD will spend the night at her grandparents the night before our ADRs open. She'd stay there on that Friday anyway. That way, if I am running late, I don't have to deal with her.

I'm also going to try to get DH out of bed to get his phone ringing too. And I'll have both computers going. (We may be trying for CRT--can't decide) This is like trying to get Cubs tickets. Ugh!

We may only try for CRT. Whether or not we get it, I may not call back with the rest until later in the morning. We are not looking for anything out of the ordinary.

And only two weeks from today!

IF it would have accepted my reservation number without an error I would have been able to book at 3AM ET. It did accept my reservation for the first day at that time. But because it didn't recognize my reservation # for whatever reason, I had to wait and call at 7AM ET to talk to someone. She had a little trouble with my reservation # at first too. At first she was going to tell me that I couldn't book farther out, but then she realized that I could. Good thing...I would have pitched a little hissy! :rotfl2: All is well though!

Almost done finalizing our ADRs

1/3 - still deciding between Boma and California Grill
1/4 - Rainforest Cafe because Animal Kingdom closes at 5 and i believe so do all of their restaurants
1/5 - Tutto Italiano
1/6 - Earl of Sandwich
1/8 - 50s Primetime Cafe

Yay!!!!

We are debating between BLT and AKLV. I can't decide and they are leaving it all up to me. QUOTE]

We have said on site and off, but for the past few years, we have only stayed at AKL, so i cant comment on BLT, but we LOVE AKL, and now with kidani, its just our favorite...the staff are amazing, the atmosphere is unreal, and the splash pad at kidani is the most wonderful place for kids....we vow to try new places, but we never do, just cause we love it sooo much....we even thought of going to value or moderate, just so we could go more then once a year, but, ya noo...AKL is just our hotel....

:mad::mad::mad:I am SO mad right now:mad::mad::mad: This morning was my 90 day mark for ADR's and the online reservation system wouldn't take my reservation # so I called in to make my ADR's and I did not get any ones that I wanted - at a resonable time :mad: It looks like I am eating no earlier then 7:45 - 8:30 at night :confused3 How can they book that booked already :confused3 It must be because of the marathon but REALLY?? :headache: I may just decided not to do the dining plan at all if I can't eat at a normal time. I really don't want to eat at 7:45 at night before I have to be up at 3am the next morning for the marathon....OK sorry about the rant had to get that out ;)

what time did you try to do ADR's online? Just curious I have to do soon, couple of days!

:mad::mad::mad:I am SO mad right now:mad::mad::mad: This morning was my 90 day mark for ADR's and the online reservation system wouldn't take my reservation # so I called in to make my ADR's and I did not get any ones that I wanted - at a resonable time :mad: It looks like I am eating no earlier then 7:45 - 8:30 at night :confused3 How can they book that booked already :confused3 It must be because of the marathon but REALLY?? :headache: I may just decided not to do the dining plan at all if I can't eat at a normal time. I really don't want to eat at 7:45 at night before I have to be up at 3am the next morning for the marathon....OK sorry about the rant had to get that out ;)

Well that stinks.

I would keep trying online everyday. And see if there is a January cancellation thread on the boards. If there isn't then start one. Also, be sure to check around your 45 day mark, if anyone has to cancel their trip before the 45 day mark they will also cancel their ADR's.

Good luck!

does that mean it is going to be crazy busy in January??

does that mean it is going to be crazy busy in January??

I doubt it! I am only there for the marathon weekend and a lot people need to eat well the night before the marathon and then a lot of people like to celebrate the night after the marathon so I guess the places I picked must be popular! I really wanted to celebrate at 'Ohanas and it looks like everyone else does too ;)

what time did you try to do ADR's online? Just curious I have to do soon, couple of days!

I tried at 4am this morning but I think it opened at 3am my time. I really didn't think it was going to be a problem...Oh well you live you learn :rolleyes1

I will be at the Poly with my DP from 1/5-1/13. Wondering about the weather. Will it be pool worthy? Also does anyone know where the best place to run will be during our stay.

We have decided on Club level and now I can do nothing but read everything I can find about it. I am so very excited to be there, it has been 15 long years since my last visit.

Any tips on how to go about getting a balcony room when we check in?

JS

:cool1: Well, THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG, so to speak! ;) We have told the kids about the trip to WDW in January! :yay: They weren't as excited as I had hoped :confused3 Don't get me wrong, they are definitely excited, just not jumping up and down and screaming excited as I had thought they might be! DD8 is currently upstairs in her bedroom "planning" the days out on paper! Just like her Mama! :love: DD6 is up in her bedroom trying to figure out how to fit all of her precious toys into JUST ONE SUITCASE!!! :rotfl2: We decided to tell them this far out this time so they could be a part of the planning! I think we are in for a wild ride over the next 3 months! :woohoo:

I doubt it! I am only there for the marathon weekend and a lot people need to eat well the night before the marathon and then a lot of people like to celebrate the night after the marathon so I guess the places I picked must be popular! I really wanted to celebrate at 'Ohanas and it looks like everyone else does too ;)

Are you a party of two? Just wondering because I read of others that were a party of two having difficulties too. It seems they save their tables for 4 for parties of 3 or 4. I read where people who could not get what they wanted, were going back online and putting that they are a party of 3 and they got the times they wanted. You might try it. Except not for CRT, because when you show up and tell them you are now only a party of 2, they'll charge for the 3rd person.

It might be worth a try. I cannot believe January is that full already. Wow. We can't call for ours until the 26th.

Are you a party of two? Just wondering because I read of others that were a party of two having difficulties too. It seems they save their tables for 4 for parties of 3 or 4. I read where people who could not get what they wanted, were going back online and putting that they are a party of 3 and they got the times they wanted. You might try it. Except not for CRT, because when you show up and tell them you are now only a party of 2, they'll charge for the 3rd person.

It might be worth a try. I cannot believe January is that full already. Wow. We can't call for ours until the 26th.

OMG...Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!! I put in a party of 3 and was able to get WAY better times!!! I was having a melt down moment :scared1: I would have though it would be easier to get a table for 2 instaed of more :confused3

You are welcome....glad it worked out for you.

Not sure why this situation occurs...but I think it comes down to profit..they have a set amount of tables for 2...they save those precious tables for 4....and force the parties of two to fill up the time slots for the evening for the 2 tops. That's my theory...I have no idea if it's correct.

We just changed our date from 1/6 through 1/12 to 1/11 to 1/15. It is going to be a shorter stay, but changed for two reasons - better airfare AND the marathon will be over, so maybe not so crowded. We are really just taking this trip to RELAX!

We would like to do the Keys to Kingdom tour at magic Kingdom. Is it too late to get reservations for this? :confused3 Let me know if anyone has done it before.

I will be at the Poly with my DP from 1/5-1/13. Wondering about the weather. Will it be pool worthy? Also does anyone know where the best place to run will be during our stay.

We have decided on Club level and now I can do nothing but read everything I can find about it. I am so very excited to be there, it has been 15 long years since my last visit.

Any tips on how to go about getting a balcony room when we check in?

JS

We stayed last year at the Poly Jan. 3 - 9. Our weather every day but Jan. 7 was pool weather. shorts, tank tops etc. Jan. 7 we wore shorts as well but experienced a downpour while in AK. we barely had clouds in the sky during our trip.

Friends of ours were there from about Jan 13 to the end of the month and experienced a major cold front or something and had to bring out mittens, hats and pants and sweatshirts. so january weather is pretty unpredictable i guess.

we're back to orlando jan 3 - 7 this year, but staying off site - visiting DW for two days though. hoping we have the same weather as last year. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter