January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part II !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocs!!! Put them in the dryer for about 5 minutes take them out & put them on they will conform to your feet! I have Beach, Athens, Capris, Alice, Mary Janes, & Mandelini. I love them!! All but the Beach look real cute & I get lots of comments on them. I wear them all day at work. I am on my feet & walking anywhere from 5- 9 hours a day. I swap between my Crocs & my Birkenstocks all the time now.

Ok. Sorry to change the subject from crocs (I'm loving everyone's input though!), but I have a question. Has anyone bought their kids a Nintendo DS?? My DD (will be 6 next month) really wants one. We're thinking about buying her one for Christmas. Just wondering what everyone thinks about them and if it's a good investment. Thanks!

We have the Game Boys for both kids. They are cool but DD9 wants the NDS. They have cooler games & better graphics. Plus they are wi-fi I found out. How good is she at video games? I do know that even Game Boys can be complex.

We have the Game Boys for both kids. They are cool but DD9 wants the NDS. They have cooler games & better graphics. Plus they are wi-fi I found out. How good is she at video games? I do know that even Game Boys can be complex.

She's very good at video games for her age. A few years ago we bought her a Vtech VSmile, and now it's too easy for her. She has a lot of interest in my DH's Playstation 2, but we don't have any games for her. I think that she has played with one of her friend's Nintendo DS, and now it's all she talks about! I still have my original Game Boy and she's very good at it.

If she is already familiar with it I would go with. Plus then you can use it on vacay to check your email! Will also help keep her busy on the trip there.

About the DS-We were struggling with the same decision for DD7. She wanted one for her bday. We decided against it, thinking it was only because all of her friends have one. So far, no mention of it since. (that was july) We will see what happens with christmas.

Nana Lin(hope I remember that right) - we live in Dearborn, not too far from you. We are members at the village and have been to a few of the halloween nights. We skipped last year for some reason but have tix for Oct. 26th this year. They do an awesome job and are pretty generous with the treats, too!!
By the way, we share our first name!

I know you ladies were talking about the long weekend for some. Our city, Dearborn, has I believe the largest Muslim population in the US. My DD7 goes to public school and they have the entire week off for the holiday. My DD4 goes to private and does not. It's going to be a fun week in my house!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

So, on this CROC debate. I'm still torn. Scot actually thinks we should put all of us in Crocs with socks.

Oh no -- how can it be, those crocs with socks!
Does Scot's head have rocks?
Should you concoct
A box
With locks
To keep those socks
From those crocs?
Oh the shock,
Of those crocs with socks....

Watch that clock
As it tick-tocks
And the ship that docks
And the chicken that pox
To keep those socks
From those crocs...

Beware the hard knocks
And the DISer that mocks
Those Disney socks
Inside those Disney crocs...

Oh, how can it be - those crocs with socks! :)

Dancegrl624-My older son who is 12 has one and he looooves it!! He got it last year--after they had game boys for a couple of years. My second son wanted one for his birthday in May, so I bought it and wrapped it up. Then he decided he really wanted more Legos, so I swapped it out. Now he wants it again!! So, I got him one for Christmas & I ain't returning it!! Ha!! my daughter is 5 and she can play it, so I think 6 is a good age.

If she really wants it and would use it, let her have it.I think she'll do well.

Dancegrl624-My older son who is 12 has one and he looooves it!! He got it last year--after they had game boys for a couple of years. My second son wanted one for his birthday in May, so I bought it and wrapped it up. Then he decided he really wanted more Legos, so I swapped it out. Now he wants it again!! So, I got him one for Christmas & I ain't returning it!! Ha!! my daughter is 5 and she can play it, so I think 6 is a good age.

If she really wants it and would use it, let her have it.I think she'll do well.
Hi -- I hope you're feeling better!

How was the movie?

Should you concoct
A box
With locks
To keep those socks
From those crocs?
Oh the shock,

Watch that clock
As it tick-tocks
And the ship that docks
And the chicken that pox
To keep those socks
From those crocs...

Beware the hard knocks
And the DISer that mocks
Those Disney socks

Would you, could you on a train
Would you, could you in the rain
Would you, could you with Tigger and Pooh
I will, I could DebbieandRoo!

How wonderfully Seuss-y!

Okay - y'all are cracking me up!

Well, just wanted to pop in and say Happy Sunday (and maybe already Happy Monday to Peach3es!). The potluck at church went incredibly well (300 pieces of fried chicken are gone!), so I am relieved. Of course, now everyone wants to do it more frequently! Sigh...

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks! I'm thinking that we will most likely get it for her for Christmas. Her birthday is next month, but we'll hold off and keep looking for the deals. Also, by the time we go to WDW in January, it will still be something new that she'll want to play with. I can't stand it when the "newness" wears off and she loses interest in her toys.

Should you concoct
A box
With locks
To keep those socks
From those crocs?
Oh the shock,

Watch that clock
As it tick-tocks
And the ship that docks
And the chicken that pox
To keep those socks
From those crocs...

Beware the hard knocks
And the DISer that mocks
Those Disney socks

WOW!! That was just fabulous! Had me cracking up!!!!

Okay - y'all are cracking me up!

Well, just wanted to pop in and say Happy Sunday (and maybe already Happy Monday to Peach3es!). The potluck at church went incredibly well (300 pieces of fried chicken are gone!), so I am relieved. Of course, now everyone wants to do it more frequently! Sigh...

Hope everyone is doing well!
Man, that's a lot of fried chicken, even for Memphians!

How did your sensible shoes feel?

Should you concoct
A box
With locks
To keep those socks
From those crocs?
Oh the shock,

Watch that clock
As it tick-tocks
And the ship that docks
And the chicken that pox
To keep those socks
From those crocs...

Beware the hard knocks
And the DISer that mocks
Those Disney socks

:lmao:

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

We are back from a long day at the soccer fields. A great day though, both of the boys did awesome! :goodvibes I was a little chilly sitting there all day, it was about 66 and windy. I'm sure hoping 66 feels warm in January!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter