• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2008 Code Watch

This morning when I went to AAA to add the Disney Visa code, I gave my TA the ZXF code (Magic Your Way w/dining). However, Disney told her the correct discount code for AAA packages is ZXK. Anybody else been told this code?

By the way, I originally booked two rooms for four adults 6 nights at Pop Century, January 23-29 with Park Hoppers and dining. AAA package price was $1465.22 for each reservation. With the ZXK code, the price is now $1389.06 but with the waterpark and more feature, so a savings of $76.16 per reservation. I was hoping for a larger discount, but am happy for any savings.

Someone posted this earlier ... blessed, I think you will be running into the blackout dates. Someone can confirm this, but I was under the impression that Disney in '08 no longer "grandfathered" in reservations made right before season and rate changes. Maybe breaking it up into two, if you were willing, would be helpful?

The email I just got has MLK weekend blacked out & says 01/01-01/17, 1/21-2/13 as the available dates.

I had a reseration at POP for Jan 9-13. I called this morning and the Disney agent applied the code. Save me $153. If you already have a ressie there, they should be able to apply it I would think...

Good luck!

I can't take this anymore :scared1: I have to wait until the general code comes out so I hope that I will be able to apply a code also. We are already booked for ASMovies from 1/6-1/11 so I hope there will still be some availability at that hotel when I call :goodvibes

Thank you................there are no dates after 2/13 that can use the code???

According to my email from Disney Visa, no, but I have seen it listed some places through mid March. My email also says the deposit must be paid with Disney Visa to get the discount & others are posting that they had the code applied without having a Disney Visa, so I don't know.

Adisneynut:

I've already talked to a AAA agent. She said if I bought a package from her she could apply the code to get the "free" hoppers and I could keep my AAA room discount.

Does that sound right?

So in essence, I would get my AAA discount on the room AND get a free ticket upgrade.

I'm trying to figure out if the AAA TA is correct.
She may tell you this however the rule for disney is only one discount per reservation. You can always call Disney and ask them to quote you a package price using the code and see. You don't have to book now. However after it is opened to the general public availablitiy will be limited.

Can someone help me. I have already booked a AAA package for Jan 1-7. I have NON hopping tickets, dinning and of course room (Pop Century). AAA was $117 less than booking through Disney. It was $1618.00

If I take the offer that (assuming it comes out this week) allows me to "Park Hopping, Waterparks and More" for free, I'll loose the $117 discount, and get the bonus of hopping. Is this correct? So, I'd pay the rack rate at that point ($1735.00 for my trip) correct?

And how much does is cost to add hopping to 2 adult and 1 childrens six day tickets?

If it's near $117, it sounds like a wash. If it were warmer weather, I could see the benifit of the water parks but...

FYI - The Visa discount appears to include the ticket upgrades AND some sort of room discount. My total (with new code) was about $850 LESS THAN the regular Disney rate. It was also $200 less than the already discounted AAA rate that I had (and now have to cancel). :yay:

Yay! Just talked to magical journeys- 8 nights/9 days with the hopper and wpp (I like PI!!), at the Pop with basic dining: 1704.34, originally 2028.80, (and 1820 for a base ticket) so I'm saving 324.46!

Hi - I have a question -

We will be there 12/30-1/6/07 - we do have park hopper passes and the dining plan - is there anyway the code could be useful for me? or would i have to break it up into 2 ressies for the whole group of us?

the rest of our group is leaving on 1/5, but DH and I are staying till the 6th - they did have us make a separate ressie for the night of the 5th cause we didnt want passes/dining plan since we are going to take a tour that day,,,what do you all think I should do?

thanks for the advice, wendy

Just got an email back from my TA. She says SOME CM's are allowing NON VISA members to go ahead and get the rate since it "should" be coming out 11/1.... She's going to call and see if she can get the code applied for us... I'll keep everyone updated!!!

FINGERS CROSSED

STAY TUNED

Just got an email back from my TA. She says SOME CM's are allowing NON VISA members to go ahead and get the rate since it "should" be coming out 11/1.... She's going to call and see if she can get the code applied for us... I'll keep everyone updated!!!

FINGERS CROSSED

STAY TUNED

I have read that others are applying the code without a Disney Visa.
However, there is no way I would risk it, if they are asked for the Disney Visa at check in and you don't have one then your rate will revert back to the rack rate:scared1:
I have also read that if the deposit is not paid using a Disney Visa then the booking does not go through.
I know it is not fun having to wait till the general codes come out, but there are plenty of us still waiting,:surfweb:
I would prefer to wait and know that I have a correct code instead of applying a code that may not be valid.
JMHO
:upsidedow

This morning when I went to AAA to add the Disney Visa code, I gave my TA the ZXF code (Magic Your Way w/dining). However, Disney told her the correct discount code for AAA packages is ZXK. Anybody else been told this code?

By the way, I originally booked two rooms for four adults 6 nights at Pop Century, January 23-29 with Park Hoppers and dining. AAA package price was $1465.22 for each reservation. With the ZXK code, the price is now $1389.06 but with the waterpark and more feature, so a savings of $76.16 per reservation. I was hoping for a larger discount, but am happy for any savings.

So, would the AAA code for the regular MYW package (no dining) be ZXJ? Just going through the alphabet and that would be the logical one. Anyone had any luck getting the AAA discount plus the upgrade using a AAA discount code?

checking in on the 11th and out on the 21st of Jan. Does the fact that we are checking in on a busy time (marathon weekend) diminish my chances of applying a code?
You have 2 issues--marathon weekend being really really booked and MLK weekend is blacked out from the special rate. We had issues with the code and marathon last year and decided to upgrade resorts. Maybe you could do a split stay? Upgrade for the first part of your trip and then move over to POP during MLK weekend when you can't get a discount? You could try and get POP again with a new reserv with the code for 1/11-1/17 and then just modify your old non-discounted reserv to use on MLK weekend as another option...

Yvonne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter