• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2008 Code Watch

The CM at reservations wouldn't even look! Said I had a good enough rate considering Disney was giving me a comp room because there are four in my reservation. One whom needs roll in shower and that room only holds two! I was furious and let him know it that! :mad: That is standard law....room must be able to accommodate four people.....Since Disney couldn't provide that with roll in shower room, then that was their problem and not mine!:mad: So because I have a disabled person im my party, I am not entitled to discount:mad:

Charleyann

disney doesn't allow the combination of discounts and since you already have one per say (the second room for free) then they cannot apply another. To check the price you can try pretending to make a brand new reservation for two rooms don't mention anything about the accessible room

I called Disney yesterday to make a payment on our 1/1 reservation. While I was on the phone I asked about AP rates for Jan. I was told he didn't expect any AP raes until mid Nov. I sure hope he is wrong. I was hoping by the end of the month. :goodvibes

disney doesn't allow the combination of discounts and since you already have one per say (the second room for free) then they cannot apply another. To check the price you can try pretending to make a brand new reservation for two rooms don't mention anything about the accessible room

The second room is free because there is 4 people in our party. The wheelchair accessible room with roll in shower only has a king size bed. By ADA they have to accommodate at least four people. The second room is NOT discount it is comp only before 4 people can't sleep in a king size room...it is a requirement.

Charleyann

Does anyone know what time of day they post the new codes/specials on their website. Is it early morning or later in the day????

Usually someone on the DIS board is able to find out around 7am. They will post a message and then everyone goes crazy! That's what happened for the December code anyway!

Jenni, I wouldn't be too concerned. I have been there on race weekend and the crowds are not that large. In fact I will be there again in 2008 at the same time.

Has anyone ever used Magical Journeys??? :confused:
I have booked with them and they have told me if any discounts come out they will apply them to my room. Has anyone ever had them NOT apply it??
I look EVERYDAY to see if any discounts are out there, because I am afraid I will miss something. Are they pretty good at looking for ALL discounts?
Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Jenni, I wouldn't be too concerned. I have been there on race weekend and the crowds are not that large. In fact I will be there again in 2008 at the same time.

When and what is race weekend? I looked back a few pages to find the original post concerning this and didn't see it. Thanks!

Sorry- I think I went brain dead for a few minutes. You were talking about the marathon weren't you? Sorry, had a senior moment- at 32!!!:lmao:

Hello everyone. I am new to this part of the DIS board and wondering how do you get pin codes? We have always used a local AAA TA, but I'd like to see what I can find on my own for deals in January. Any suggestions? I am looking at 1/9 - 1/16 at the Pop. Thank you!

I called Disney yesterday to make a payment on our 1/1 reservation. While I was on the phone I asked about AP rates for Jan. I was told he didn't expect any AP raes until mid Nov. I sure hope he is wrong. I was hoping by the end of the month. :goodvibes

I need a code for Feb. for WL, hope they come out soon!:coffee:

Hello everyone. I am new to this part of the DIS board and wondering how do you get pin codes? We have always used a local AAA TA, but I'd like to see what I can find on my own for deals in January. Any suggestions? I am looking at 1/9 - 1/16 at the Pop. Thank you!

Pin codes are pretty rare, they usually come in the form of an email with a PIN number attached or on a post card that comes in the mail. When we rearly went we received them all the time. Now that we go more frequently, no codes. Go figure. The last card we received was in fall of '04. You can also call Disney and see if there is a code attached to your name or your spouses, sometimes that will work.

If you're booking room only you can book your own AAA reservation through Disney, allowing you the flexibility to monitor your reservation yourself. I actually booked my room only with AAA through DIsney, then turned it over to Dreams Unlimited Travel, one of the sponsors of this board. If a room only code or even a package code comes out for my Jan 2-6 travel dates, DU can have that discount applied for me without me having to stand by the phone and computer all day trying to get through. You might want to go ahead and book the Pop yourself with AAA if its available. I just checked the AAA site and they show rooms at the Pop for your days at $75.20 a night.

Hi all - I am a WDW newbie and planning our first trip for Jan. 23-Feb 2 - and I have a question

I have been waiting for the January Special, but if it is mainly going to be an upgrade to a water parks and more, I am not sure if I am too interested (2 small children) - I was considering joining AAA and using their discount. Does anyone know how good the AAA discounts are? Would it be worth joining to get the discount? I can't check how much the rates are for the room I want (we would like to stay at POP, but would stay at any of the all-stars also), unless I sign up, so anyone's knowledge would be really helpful - Thanks!!

Hi all - I am a WDW newbie and planning our first trip for Jan. 23-Feb 2 - and I have a question

I have been waiting for the January Special, but if it is mainly going to be an upgrade to a water parks and more, I am not sure if I am too interested (2 small children) - I was considering joining AAA and using their discount. Does anyone know how good the AAA discounts are? Would it be worth joining to get the discount? I can't check how much the rates are for the room I want (we would like to stay at POP, but would stay at any of the all-stars also), unless I sign up, so anyone's knowledge would be really helpful - Thanks!!

You actually can find out how much the room would be. You can call Disney directly and ask how much the room-only would be with the AAA discount. In order to book it, they may ask you for you AAA number so you might not be able to actually reserve it, but you can certainly find out without a card.

For the value resorts during value season, the discount is 20% off rack rate. You can get the rack rate by going to the WDW website and getting a quote from there.

Hope that helps!

Has anyone ever used Magical Journeys??? :confused:
I have booked with them and they have told me if any discounts come out they will apply them to my room. Has anyone ever had them NOT apply it??
I look EVERYDAY to see if any discounts are out there, because I am afraid I will miss something. Are they pretty good at looking for ALL discounts?
Thanks!!:thumbsup2
If you're afraid they won't apply it, you better keep control of your own reservation then! That way you'll be sure...
Someone here will always post it when they find out, and you can call right away and get it applied to your ressie, if it is available.

Thanks for the info regarding room only rates.

One more question -- why would I want to book the room only? How do you get park tickets at a better rate? I thought I would book the room with tickets ... no?

I already know I can get airline tickets for a better price than my TA. Allegiant has great rates -- goes to Sanford, but we want to rent a car anyway, so it works out for the best ... and it's a direct flight, which is priceless.

Can you turn room only ressies over to DU? Is there a charge for that? Their main purpose would be to notify me of any better deals that we would be eligible for, right?

We don't have firm plans for this vacation yet .... I'm at the research stage where I am trying to convince DH that we need to go again. We were there in 4/07 and our DS9 was sick the entire time. I am convinced we need a do-over, DH is not -- so I have an uphill battle. Every penny I can save puts me an inch closer to WDW. DH seems to think we need to visit his family in MA, I think we need to do both.

Thanks!
Lisa

children) - I was considering joining AAA and using their discount. Does anyone know how good the AAA discounts are? Would it be worth joining to get the discount?
If you would be joining just for WDW it would not be worth it staying at a Value. The Jan special will also include a room discount that will be just about the same as AAA anyway.

Yvonne

Thanks for the info regarding room only rates.

One more question -- why would I want to book the room only? How do you get park tickets at a better rate? I thought I would book the room with tickets ... no?

I already know I can get airline tickets for a better price than my TA. Allegiant has great rates -- goes to Sanford, but we want to rent a car anyway, so it works out for the best ... and it's a direct flight, which is priceless.

Can you turn room only ressies over to DU? Is there a charge for that? Their main purpose would be to notify me of any better deals that we would be eligible for, right?

We don't have firm plans for this vacation yet .... I'm at the research stage where I am trying to convince DH that we need to go again. We were there in 4/07 and our DS9 was sick the entire time. I am convinced we need a do-over, DH is not -- so I have an uphill battle. Every penny I can save puts me an inch closer to WDW. DH seems to think we need to visit his family in MA, I think we need to do both.

Thanks!
Lisa

I book room only because with the packages they are due in full within 45 days of arrival. My DH is an ER doc, he blocks off his time but there is always that slim chance that the days may wind up wrong for his off time. With room only you can cancel later. Not to mention the fact that sometimes we purchase 10 day non exiring park hoppers and have days left over, so no need for tickets. DU does not charge anything for their services, all I do is book the room myself, then fax a leter stating that I'm turning the reservation over to Dreams to my usual Dreams agent, Sue Ellen. SHe then watches for discounts or even different resorts that might save me money.

Another reason for booking separately----> Florida Resident discounts. Much, much, much cheaper to book our room separately and buy the FL Ressie Play passes. And figured out the food deal also, buying all that separate and not on the DDP. Just bring on the FL Ressie code for room only:surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter