• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2008 Code Watch

Hi -

CR told my mom there is no AAA discount for our dates - 12/30-1/5 - anyone know if this is true, or should we push the issue?

thanks, wendy

I agree about checking back and also having them check other resorts. We were unable to book WL for Jan 2-6 with AAA, booked it a rack, then found out that we could get YC with AAA, rate was $276 for standard which is obscene, but I changed it anyway. SOmething new that I found out is they will not let you have a courtesy hold, even for a few hours if you have an existing reservation which Pisses me off royally. :mad: I wanted to change resorts, but needed to wait till I could see if it was okay with my girls before DH and I changed the reservation. They would not let me, so I had to take a chance that it would still be available after I picked them up from school.

Hi -

CR told my mom there is no AAA discount for our dates - 12/30-1/5 - anyone know if this is true, or should we push the issue?

thanks, wendy

We are staying 1/2-1/8 but I did get a AAA discount during these dates. Don't know if there is a problem with you arriving 12/30?

Belly Baby...I also just joined this board today..I am confused too. It will take a while to catch on. I've already made a huge mistake when I booked a WDW trip from December 28-Jan4, 2008. The value season starts January 1. I will be paying premium for 4 nights. I'm trying to learn how to buy points from an Vacation Club Owner but that is REALLY confusing. There will be 8 or 10 family members who want to stay on Disney Property... Good luck to you. I would love to find discounts also.... CiCi

I sure hope they announce a discount code soon.. I am so tired of waiting.. I hope the pirate princess party comes back in January too.. any word on that?

I'm trying to learn how to buy points from an Vacation Club Owner but that is REALLY confusing. There will be 8 or 10 family members who want to stay on Disney Property...

Go over & look at the Rent / Trade boards to rent points! :goodvibes

I sure hope they announce a discount code soon.. I am so tired of waiting.. I hope the pirate princess party comes back in January too.. any word on that?

I looked at the park hours for MK for Jan,Feb and March and I noticed that a couple of nights in each month the park is closing at 7:00. I've got a feeling this is going to be for the P&P Party:cool1:

I have a question. If you make a room only reservation, and they come out with a package discount, can you change your ressie to be a package or do you have to wait for a "room only" discount?

hi -

if you want to call and add a AAA discount, do you have to cancel all of your existing ressies?

thanks, wendy

If you have a room only reservation you can change and add the AAA discount (if there are rooms available) without cancelling. If you have a package you have to go through AAA to get their package and discount. This is my understanding anyway.

:banana: just subscribing, im not even sure if i can use the codes as im new here and live in australia! hope to find more information on these boards! thanks

It's been awhile since we've been to Disney and I feel like I'm learning all over again! Is it best to go ahead and make reservations and then if discount codes come out, then you call to apply them? Do you have to be a frequent guest in order to use them? We're looking to go mid-January with our 3 boys and would love to have either a suite or two adjoining rooms. Any suggestions?

It's been awhile since we've been to Disney and I feel like I'm learning all over again! Is it best to go ahead and make reservations and then if discount codes come out, then you call to apply them? Do you have to be a frequent guest in order to use them? We're looking to go mid-January with our 3 boys and would love to have either a suite or two adjoining rooms. Any suggestions?

People on here have said that it is best to go ahead and reserve, and then if a good discount comes out, Disney will apply it to your ressie. This is what I have done.

I am also in the process of planning for a mid-January trip. I was looking at the ASMu family suites, and connecting rooms at POP. I ended up with the suites, b/c there is a kitchenette and a queen-size bed. The suites are also eligible for discounts now, where they were not before. There is lots of information on this board about both options. Have fun!!!

I stayed at the ASMu suites last October, and they are fabulous! I have a ds14 and a dd 9, and they loved having the living room to themselves. The extra bathroom was a big help, along with the fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. It is especially nice now that they allow discounts on them. :thumbsup2

Here is a great link for the Family Suites....http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter