• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2008 Code Watch

Do you have to book through AAA to be eligible for the discount? W

You don't have to book through AAA to get the room only AAA discount but you do have to book through a AAA agent (there are some who specialize in Disney--I use one who isn't in my state) if you want a package. I got a AAA rate for PO-FQ which is often too full for codes to work and it's about $40 savings per night. Once codes come out for Jan I'll decide if it's worth moving resorts if PO-FQ isn't available or I can just stay with my AAA savings.

Yvonne

:donald: I'm looking forward to the Donald in January :donald:

I've already made my ressies at the POFQ for the dates January 10 AND 14. I have a ressie for Marathon weekend through Marathon Tour for the three nights of January 11, 12 and 13. Because the 10th and 14th are not consective nights, they are separate reservations and therefore, I paid for them separately. I asked how these reservations would be handled should an AP rate be released for these dates and I apply it to my paid in full ressie, and she said that I would be given a credit on my credit card for the difference. Now, here is my question: Has anyone received a credit on their CC once the ressie has been paid in full?

DreamBeliever: I'm also using Marathon Tours and booked 1/10 with them also. Not surs what you mean about the consecutive date thingy. We booked Jan 10, 11, 12, and 13th....no problem. I used them because my daughter decided to do the Goofy after the marathon had already closed and this was the only way to still get a spot. I, too, am an annual pass holder so it will be interesting to see if they give us a reduction in the rate.

hoping to go in jan, but am new here! What does subscribing mean? Are there normally discounts in Jan? Am from the uk, hoping to go out Jan 2nd for 14 nights.
Any help much appreciated!

:donald: I'm looking forward to the Donald in January :donald:

I've already made my ressies at the POFQ for the dates January 10 AND 14. I have a ressie for Marathon weekend through Marathon Tour for the three nights of January 11, 12 and 13. Because the 10th and 14th are not consective nights, they are separate reservations and therefore, I paid for them separately. I asked how these reservations would be handled should an AP rate be released for these dates and I apply it to my paid in full ressie, and she said that I would be given a credit on my credit card for the difference. Now, here is my question: Has anyone received a credit on their CC once the ressie has been paid in full?

Yes, I have received credit on my card after it's been paid in full before. Rather promptly too. :)

a previous OP said the CC discount is better that the AAA. We just received our Disney CC but have not used it yet.
do i have to pay the trip package with the card to be able to apply a discount, or can i pay it with a bank account for example and still apply the Disney visa discount?

:wave2: Subscribing also
I have 2 rms @ POFQ w/ AAA room only discount booked
right now at $119.20 per nt plus tax=$134.11 total per nt :eek:
but as an AP holder, hoping better AP rates come out soon.
I paid $111.37 total per nt. Feb. 07 w/AP rates-in the past
AP rates during value seasons at mods had been between $79-$89.

Last year for this time period they didn't come out til Nov. 2nd.
The previous years had been around beginning of Oct.

Just me going solo with my son,DIL,
and grandson on this trip to help them out.
(He will be just 4 then and is on the Autistic Spectrum)
A badly needed vacation for them:sad:

Since this is supposed to be a budget trip,
we are now re-thinking and trying to
switch to one of the values either ASMU or PopC.
I've never stayed at either,but as of tonight CRO had no avail.
at either for our dates.
So I will keep trying the phone dance everyday:dance3:

Good Luck to you all as we play the code game
and hope everyone has a great time!:hug:

subscribing. . .

Also, I got a cheaper flight on Continental than Southwest r/t to Orlando from Houston for Jan. 2-8.

Elizabeth

I tried for WL with AAA for Jan 2-6, nothing available until you got to something like CY with bunks for close to $280. I booked standard at rack of $225. I just switched it to standard at YC with AAA of $276.25/night, thier water view was discounted to $355. :eek: We stayed there in Feb. of '05 with an AP rate of $197, so there have been definite across the board increases. I think the days of a deluxe for under $200 are a thing of the the past. :(

hoping to go in jan, but am new here! What does subscribing mean? Are there normally discounts in Jan? Am from the uk, hoping to go out Jan 2nd for 14 nights.
Any help much appreciated!

I'm not a pro at this by any measure of the word, but I'll try to lend you a hand. When you subscribe to a thread, you will receive email notifications whenever a new post is added to that thread. The email also contains a test version of the message added. This gives you a heads-up to check and see if someone provided any info on discounts codes available for use.

Regarding discounts in January, from what I understand Disney does offer several different types of promotional codes throughout the year. Sometime they will add things on to your package (free dining, free hopper & water parks, etc) and other times it may be discounts. I recall reading that last year in January they offered free park hopper and water parks add-ons.

From what I've read it seems that discounts can come in three basic forms.
1. Specific individual discounts (some folks are coded in Disney's computer system to receive discount offers on occasion)
2. Discounts to specific Groups, i.e. AAA members, Disney Visa Card holders, etc
3. Discounts available to the General Public.

Hope this info was correct and proves helpful to you. Besure to read the previous posts, they are a wealth of information.

I'm not a pro at this by any measure of the word, but I'll try to lend you a hand. When you subscribe to a thread, you will receive email notifications whenever a new post is added to that thread. The email also contains a test version of the message added. This gives you a heads-up to check and see if someone provided any info on discounts codes available for use.

I also want to add that you do not need to reply to the post to subscribe. Simply make sure your logged in, click on thread tools in the thread your interested in and click on subscribe to this thread.:thumbsup2

Hi!

I know this topic has popped up before but what are most doing for dining?

If I get the basic dining plan...I will have to pay for Breakfast with Cindy (2 TS), and The Crystal palace (1 TS) buffet out of pocket....not to mention the refillable mugs at the resort.

The "Delux plan is $518 more but Cindy' and Pooh's would be covered plus the mug for the resort.....I did some math and now the difference is down to approx. $275 between the two plans.

What would you do....or what are you doing?

Many thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter