January 2008 Code Watch

RE: AAA

1. I would try and reserve under the AAA rate now, so they don't get sold out. We had to move resorts for our January trip because the King Bed rooms were sold out under AAA at POFQ, but not at CSR (not that I mind...I think I like CSR better!) Booking now ensures the lower rate. Rack rate incl. tax for our king mod was 185/night, with AAA it lowered to 148/night

2. If codes come out later, and it appears to be a better deal, you can switch the reservation from AAA to the new code. This is why I like using a TA like Dreams Unlimited. I hate having to deal with making all the switches :) You cannot combine discounts, so it's just a question of figuring out which is a better deal

3. Same advice from above if you want to book a package. Book now under AAA, and if something better comes along, you can switch. But if it doesn't, at least you've gotten some discount.

4. I highly recommend buying your tickets from Undercover Tourist (if you're not planning a package) because they are very trustworthy and cheaper than pretty much anyone else.

Hi, we are annual January WDW goers! :thumbsup2
Codes were out for January 2007 packages on November 2nd. I have my paperwork from last year and that is when my code was applied to my AAA package. Usually it is the end of October, beginning of November. Hopefully it won't be long now. :cool1: I am just hoping for better savings than the last few years!

Can I ask what dates you usually go? We are including MLK weekend and I am wondering if these dates end up as a black out for a code will my whole reservation be a black out. I can't seem to find the answer. :confused3

Can I ask what dates you usually go? We are including MLK weekend and I am wondering if these dates end up as a black out for a code will my whole reservation be a black out. I can't seem to find the answer. :confused3

In NC, we have a Semester Break after MLK weekend, so we usually go then. Our dates this year will be January 14 - 26. Last year our dates were January 15-27. Last year the code was a ticket upgrade. We got the ticket upgrade and saved an additional $90 off the amount that AAA was already saving us. This year, could be different with the change in nightly rate and holiday rates. I am hoping that it won't affect us, but we will see I guess.
Maybe somebody else can tell us more...

Does anyone know of a place on the net you can get the MLK date for upcoming years? We usually use our AP's one year and then go the week just before they expire the next so it takes a little holiday insider info to miss those busy, and more expensive room rate days. Thanks:surfweb:

In NC, we have a Semester Break after MLK weekend, so we usually go then. Our dates this year will be January 14 - 26. Last year our dates were January 15-27. Last year the code was a ticket upgrade. We got the ticket upgrade and saved an additional $90 off the amount that AAA was already saving us. This year, could be different with the change in nightly rate and holiday rates. I am hoping that it won't affect us, but we will see I guess.

In a similar case. I have a ressie with CRO for two connecting room at ASM with Deluxe dinning for 2 adutls and 3 15 yr old and 6 days MYW tickets base tickets for 4372.92. AAA rate is 222.36 less however I like being able to call CRO and you can't with a AAA package.

I wonder if it would be better to leave it with CRO and see if a code comes out. We really don't want tickets upgrades we rather save $$$.
So does anyone know if you do save $$ with the Jan. code from last year or was it just upgrades on tickets?

THANKS!

I'm with you. I would rather save $$ than have ticket upgrades. I don't use the water parks and I sure won't use them in January. I do like Park Hoppers...but I would rather save $$.

Any ideas/codes/best-case scenario recommendations for a Grand Gathering of 11 people January 10-14? I am thinking waiting for a % off code is the best way to go, because we do want dining.

we are booked jan 7-17th and we could really use the discount!!!
i booked prefered room since last year even though we had a standard i was told i HAD to upgrade or they couldn't apply the code since no more standard rooms were left....:confused3 ...whatever it ended working out better for us.

Does anyone know of a place on the net you can get the MLK date for upcoming years? We usually use our AP's one year and then go the week just before they expire the next so it takes a little holiday insider info to miss those busy, and more expensive room rate days. Thanks:surfweb:

check out timeanddate.com. you can find holidays in the upcoming years.

Hey Everyone! Definately subscribing...we will be going to DW for the first time from Jan. 24 - Feb. 2nd, and we can't wait :cool1:

I have made our reservations at Pop for jan 18-23. Hoping for a good rate, because the 2008 rates were 10.00 more a night!:scared:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Just thought I'd share that I was able to get $340 knocked off our Jan 3-6 GF Deluxe concierge stay with AAA discount. It was full 15%!! :cool1::cool1: :cool1:

Just thought I'd share that I was able to get $340 knocked off our Jan 3-6 GF Deluxe concierge stay with AAA discount. It was full 15%!! :cool1::cool1: :cool1:

Do you have to book through AAA to be eligible for the discount? We're not members, but I'm tempted to pay the membership fee if the discount can be applied to an existing ressie.

I didn't expect to see AP rates this early for Dec dates. Hoping they release Jan codes sooner than later. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter