January 2008 Code Watch

How does the Visa card work...what percent do yo get back?

When do you get your disney dollars and what will you use them for? Tiffany

I got 0% for one year on all purchases. $15 DD for my first purchase and I also get 1 DD for every $100 I spend. It adds up.

You also get other things like a special Visa member only charocter meet n greet with a free 5 x 7 picture. Along with other perks...

I'm tempted to go ahead & book my room. What is the cancellation/change policy for a room only reservation?

Thanks!

Subscribing. After living together for 10 years we are finally getting married 12/29. Going straight to Disney after the wedding for 10 days. Yahoo!!!

We just got back from WDW and are looking to go again Jan 21 - 27, 2008! I'm a little worried about crowd levels on MLK day, though. :confused3

I think the codes for JAN came out around the end of OCT 06 for JAN 07, so we've got a while to go...

Hi!

Jan 08 will be our first trip to disney. So I am a newbie. We are going to celebrate my daughter's 7th birthday so I want her to have a "Magical" time. :)

Any tips, tricks or must see/dos? We are staying at POFQ. We are from Canada so any tips on weather. I know that the evenings will be cool in Jan.

We would like a princess character dinner/lunch, the BBBoutique and would like to see Cirque. Any ideas regarding these activities would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:):goodvibes

Hi!

We celebrated our son's 1st birthday at Disney last summer, and it was so great our other 3 want to go for their birthdays. And one is a teenager! We love the Crystal Palace, and felt they really went over the top for him. The table was decorated with streamers and confetti. We also had dinner at Chef Mickey's which is really a "party" in itself. Make sure you get a BIRTHDAY BUTTON at Guest Services, because then everyone will really know to make it a special day!:cool1:

Subscribing...looking at Jan 18-26, or somewhere around there. When in Feb. is Mardi Gras-I think that will be busy, right? We have never been in Jan, so I am excited!! Hopefully it will be set in stone before too long!!

I saw a post for February, so I thought I'd put one up for January as well.
We're planning a quick 3 day trip for my birthday, but some of my family thinks it will be a waste of time....your thoughts?

Dragonfly--I am looking at the dates you are going-have you been there at this time before? I just wondered if the crowd level would be different a couple of weeks later? I've never been in Jan. before, so I am really trying to pick a dead week. We always get told- oh you are picking a great time-low crowds, and then the lines!! I know the crowd level can't actually be predicted 100%, but give me your best shot!!

Hi!

Jan 08 will be our first trip to disney. So I am a newbie. We are going to celebrate my daughter's 7th birthday so I want her to have a "Magical" time. :)

Any tips, tricks or must see/dos? We are staying at POFQ. We are from Canada so any tips on weather. I know that the evenings will be cool in Jan.

We would like a princess character dinner/lunch, the BBBoutique and would like to see Cirque. Any ideas regarding these activities would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:):goodvibes

Weather in January can be anything. I've only been once in January and it was in the 30's a few nights. I've been in December 4 times with 1 trip in the 30's at night and one trip in the 90's during the day-never needed more than a T/shorts even at night. I know those are extreems but they are possible.

I took my DD for her 7th birthday last May. We did the Crystal Palace for dinner at her request and had a great time. We also did the Tea at the Grand Floridian for lunch. I did not do a cake as it was just the 2 of us so I knew we could never eat an entire cake. The Crystal Palace gave her a cupcake and when she told the waitress at Brown Derby that the trip was for her birthday she gave her a special dessert too.

Dragonfly--I am looking at the dates you are going-have you been there at this time before? I just wondered if the crowd level would be different a couple of weeks later? I've never been in Jan. before, so I am really trying to pick a dead week. We always get told- oh you are picking a great time-low crowds, and then the lines!! I know the crowd level can't actually be predicted 100%, but give me your best shot!!

Hi there! We are going Jan. 4-12 this coming January. We were there the 5-11 of January this past year. Now, the Marathon was the first weekend this past January and it is the 2nd weekend this January... so it may be different. We arrived on a Friday and the parks were busy (IMO) thru the weekend. By mid-week, they were dead! We won Dream FP's on the 10th and we wouldn't have needed them at all. So if you are looking for "dead", I would go the week after the Marathon.

Now, my one recomendation to you would be to check out Tour Guide Mike. I found him just days before our last (first ever) trip and we toured the parks for our very first time like pros. We never waited in a line and lines got to be about 90 minutes long. So, from what I've read about people who use TGM even during the very busiest times... the crowds are never an issue if you know how to do it.

Finally... since we had a touring plan... I actually enjoyed the days that were a little busier than the dead days at the end of our trip. Those busy days were more exciting... but I'm not one who hates crowds while Christmas Shopping either;)

Have Fun!!!!

Hi. We are using Mike's tourguide too. This is our first trip as a family and we are so excited.

We are staying Jan2-Jan9th. Since its getting closer I'm starting to think about dinning. We are not doing the dinning plan. We have a toddler and will be leaving the parks to nap. Do you all like to eat at parks or resorts? We will have a car and there are a few resorts we want to check out. So I'm thinking of doing both. Just wondering what others like to do. Tiffany

I just wanted to say that if anyone was considering going on dates that overlap with the marathon weekend Jan 11th-Jan 13th, I would book now. The 12th floor concierge at the Contemporary and the RPC at the Grand Floridian were already booked.

Called this morning and booked ASMu family suite for Jan 6-11th. The CM said that they expect the 2008 room rates out later this month and the package rates about a month after that. This waiting is killing me! :headache: I just want to have my package all booked already!

Subscribing...looking at Jan 18-26, or somewhere around there. When in Feb. is Mardi Gras-I think that will be busy, right? We have never been in Jan, so I am excited!! Hopefully it will be set in stone before too long!!

Mardi Gras is very early this year- Feb 5. The crowds SHOULD be low/moderate. I went for Mardi gras 2005 and it coincided with Daytona 500 (it doesn't this year, it's the 17th) and the crowds were moderate-we were expecting low. It was mostly New Orleans area people-we even had a pre -Disney party for all the friends we knew were going! But I can say the lines were not bad at all and we are going again next year at Mardi Gras. And we are having our pre-WDW party again! It is also value season and codes should come out for dates up until around Valentines.

We have a Feb 2008 code watch at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1349674

where you can get more info.

Lori

We just got back from WDW and are looking to go again Jan 21 - 27, 2008! I'm a little worried about crowd levels on MLK day, though. :confused3

I think the codes for JAN came out around the end of OCT 06 for JAN 07, so we've got a while to go...

I went MLK weekend in 2005 and it wasn't busy at all, even on MLK day. I actually rode Splash 5 times in a row, in the same boat, without getting off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter