January 19th Wonder from Miami

Sorry so late to the board. We are also on this cruise. There are five of us. It is myself, my DW and our three daughters. Ages 13, 11 and 6. We are in 8588. If you have children in the same range as ours, I know they'd love to possibly hang out. Especially since this is our first cruise and we have no idea what to expect.

Have a great week preparing and we hope to meet some of you soon.

Sean, Pamela, Isabella, Victoria and Cecilia
Whitefish Bay, WI

Our daughter is 11.5. She could hang out with your girls and show them the "Edge". This will be her 3rd cruise. We're in Stateroom #7592. Our son (9.5), will probably spend his time in the Oceaneer Club/Lab. Hope everyone gets to the port safely and we are looking forward to the meet 'n greet.

Our daughter is 11.5. She could hang out with your girls and show them the "Edge". This will be her 3rd cruise. We're in Stateroom #7592. Our son (9.5), will probably spend his time in the Oceaneer Club/Lab. Hope everyone gets to the port safely and we are looking forward to the meet 'n greet.

That would be great. Our girls are looking forward to this trip. It will be nice to have someone who knows the ropes to help get them acquainted with the program. Travel safe and have a great weekend!

Trouble closing it?? Haha! I haven't even started packing yet! But I intend to start tomorrow....or Sunday. :)

Same here :) With work, kids and stuff I haven't started packing yet. But am really excited!!! This is our first cruise :banana:

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Tippings. This is our 1st Disney Cruise so we don't have any idea about tipping :confused3 I would like to pay in cash instead charging it to my account. Can you tell me what will I do if I'm planning to tip in cash.

Thanks much!

DW Jenny :joker:
DH Nelson :moped:
DS Clarke :firefight
DD Jadyne :cutie:

That would be great. Our girls are looking forward to this trip. It will be nice to have someone who knows the ropes to help get them acquainted with the program. Travel safe and have a great weekend![

Hope to meet you guys at the meetup, this will be our 2nd time on the wonder we have 10.5 yr old daughter and nearly 9yr son. Look forward to meeting you guys and st John crew. Ourvkids love the camps on most cruises but having kids that they get to know and have fun at camp with makes all the difference.

This time next Saturday we will be at the meetup:):cool1::)

That would be great. Our girls are looking forward to this trip. It will be nice to have someone who knows the ropes to help get them acquainted with the program. Travel safe and have a great weekend![

Hope to meet you guys at the meetup, this will be our 2nd time on the wonder we have 10.5 yr old daughter and nearly 9yr son. Look forward to meeting you guys and st John crew. Ourvkids love the camps on most cruises but having kids that they get to know and have fun at camp with makes all the difference.

This time next Saturday we will be at the meetup:):cool1::)

Seeing that we are completely new to this, should I assume that we are welcome to just come to the meetup? I don't want to invite ourselves if there is a protocol we need to follow. Either way, we are looking forward to meeting some new people. I think I am quite possibly just as excited as my kids are for this trip.

Also, can someone please post any info about the meetup etc? We would like to get up to speed on where it is and what time. Kind of disappointed that we weren't on here earlier to participate in the FE. It sounds like a fun thing to be a part of.

Regards,

Sean, Pamela, Isabella, Victoria and Cecilia
Whitefish Bay, WI

Everyone is invited to the meet and greet on Saturday!! We are meeting at 3pm in the main lobby. Please join us.

Hi all!!

Just booked the cruise a couple days ago, my vacation finally got approved! It will be an anniversary and birthday trip for us! This will be my first time on the wonder! I have been on the 4 night dream and loved it!! Does anyone prefer the wonder over the dream? I booked Palo of course and a Jade cavern/ Xrail tour in cozumel. I did the FE for the first time on the dream and wish I could have gotten involved this time! Is it silly to bring my FE anyway???

Hope to see some of you on the boat! 1 week! :cool2:

I was curious about the same question, would we still like the Wonder after sailing on the Dream? We are looking forward to the smaller ship.

Does anyone prefer the wonder over the dream?

We've cruised on the Magic, Wonder, and Dream and consider the Wonder our "home" ship. We have spent the most days/nights on the Wonder and She was our first Disney cruise. We LOVE the Wonder. Of course, as with anything, your opinion may vary--especially since your first Disney ship was the Dream. The Dream might become your "home."

Have a great cruise. We'll be there.

PS -- Our biggest challenge on our first Dream cruise was figuring out where things were located (like restrooms, how to get outside, restaurants, etc.), as the ship layouts are very different.

FYI, someone posted some of the navigators from the 5-night that cruised on January 5th. :thumbsup2 I would post a link here but, I am not sure how to do that. :confused3 The name of the thread it : 5 Day wonder Navigators. Enjoy!!

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Tippings. This is our 1st Disney Cruise so we don't have any idea about tipping :confused3 I would like to pay in cash instead charging it to my account. Can you tell me what will I do if I'm planning to tip in cash.

Thanks much!

DW Jenny :joker:
DH Nelson :moped:
DS Clarke :firefight
DD Jadyne :cutie:
--

Hi. I copied this from the DCL website. I know you can pay in advance at the port terminal or you can tip in cash at the concierge desk on-board or you can put tips in the envelopes they provide to tip in person. We also bring boxes of candy to give to the CM's at the kids clubs. They really appreciate it. John.
--

Onboard Services

Question
What about gratuities?
Answer

It is customary to give gratuities in recognition of service, which you will be treated to in abundance aboard the ship. As a guideline, we suggest the following, but gratuities are always at your discretion:
Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night
Dining Room Server $12.00 $16.00 $28.00
Dining Room Asst. Server $9.00 $12.00 $21.00
Dining Room Head Server $3.00 $4.00 $7.00
Stateroom Host/
Hostess $12.00 $16.00 $28.00
Dining Manager Your Discretion
Room Service Your Discretion
Palo Gratuity included
Vista Spa & Salon Your Discretion
Babysitting Gratuity not expected
Port Adventures Optional;
not included in port
adventure price.

You can choose to pre-pay gratuities for your party up to three days before your vacation begins by contacting Disney Cruise Line; or, for the convenience of our Guests who have not pre-paid, the suggested gratuity amounts will be added to your onboard account, based on the length of your voyage as shown in the table above.

If you wish to modify or make changes to the gratuity amounts or would like to pay in cash, please stop by our Guest Services desk, located on Deck 3, Mid-ship, at anytime during your sailing.

Please note, a 15% gratuity is automatically added to bar, beverage, wine and deck service tabs. All gratuities can be charged to your room charge. (At the Walt Disney World Resort, 15% is the customary gratuity at restaurants and bars.)

So....who's done packing? LOL Cuz my plan to pack this weekend went to pieces! LOL Thankfully I am off a few days before the cruise and will pack then. Oh how I love being a procrastinator!!

Sometime during the night my husband brought the suitcases upstairs and put them at the foot of the bed. I think he is getting excited to go!

Hurry up Saturday!

So....who's done packing? LOL Cuz my plan to pack this weekend went to pieces! LOL Thankfully I am off a few days before the cruise and will pack then. Oh how I love being a procrastinator!!

One fellow procrastinator to another-want to check in EARLY Sat morning and see who isn't quite done yet:eek:

Bethann1959 said:
One fellow procrastinator to another-want to check in EARLY Sat morning and see who isn't quite done yet:eek:

Haha! I'm sure I'll be putting my "last minute and oops I forgot" items in the suitcase Saturday morning. :)

Well here we are with just 3 days to go until we leave!! Our first Cruise and It will be our twin daughters' 9th birthday on the 20th. Would love to meet up with other kids same age as well as another for our older daughter of 13.
Looking forward to the FE if it's not too late to get involved.

--

Hi. I copied this from the DCL website. I know you can pay in advance at the port terminal or you can tip in cash at the concierge desk on-board or you can put tips in the envelopes they provide to tip in person. We also bring boxes of candy to give to the CM's at the kids clubs. They really appreciate it. John.
--

Onboard Services

Question
What about gratuities?
Answer

It is customary to give gratuities in recognition of service, which you will be treated to in abundance aboard the ship. As a guideline, we suggest the following, but gratuities are always at your discretion:
Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night
Dining Room Server $12.00 $16.00 $28.00
Dining Room Asst. Server $9.00 $12.00 $21.00
Dining Room Head Server $3.00 $4.00 $7.00
Stateroom Host/
Hostess $12.00 $16.00 $28.00
Dining Manager Your Discretion
Room Service Your Discretion
Palo Gratuity included
Vista Spa & Salon Your Discretion
Babysitting Gratuity not expected
Port Adventures Optional;
not included in port
adventure price.

You can choose to pre-pay gratuities for your party up to three days before your vacation begins by contacting Disney Cruise Line; or, for the convenience of our Guests who have not pre-paid, the suggested gratuity amounts will be added to your onboard account, based on the length of your voyage as shown in the table above.

If you wish to modify or make changes to the gratuity amounts or would like to pay in cash, please stop by our Guest Services desk, located on Deck 3, Mid-ship, at anytime during your sailing.

Please note, a 15% gratuity is automatically added to bar, beverage, wine and deck service tabs. All gratuities can be charged to your room charge. (At the Walt Disney World Resort, 15% is the customary gratuity at restaurants and bars.)

Thanks so much for the info :)

5 more days to go.....:banana:

Regards.

beast and beauties said:
Well here we are with just 3 days to go until we leave!! Our first Cruise and It will be our twin daughters' 9th birthday on the 20th. Would love to meet up with other kids same age as well as another for our older daughter of 13.
Looking forward to the FE if it's not too late to get involved.

Welcome!!

Please make sure to join us at our meet and greet on Saturday in the main lobby at 3pm. There are several kids that would also love to meet your kids. The FE closed on Dec 18th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter