• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 19, 2013 - FANTASY 7 Night Western Cruise

So seriously, we had to run out and buy suitcases. haha! kind of didn't think that through too well. Normally we travel light but with varying temperatures, snorkel gear, FE stuff and attire for 2 remy and 2 palo seatings (lunch and dinner) the old bags didnt cut it!

The FE stuff has a bag just for itself! I think we went a bit crazy. The hubby keeps wanting to add more trinkets! :)

Oh, and the kids wanted new drink bottles that clipped onto their backpacks.

Our goal is to be done packing (except for what is at the dry-cleaner) by tomorrow! I am SO excited! :)

I have plans for almost every port except for Cozumel. Since we are there for a nice long stretch, we have decided to do something on our own. We are looking at Chankanaab (which I have done before) but thought it would be good for first timer husband and son; I thought I would ask the DIS board crew and see what everyone else is doing, especially those with pre-schooler aged children. By the way everyone- ONE WEEK AWAY!!! YAY!!!!!

We're planning on making our way to chankanaab- I have a 4 1/2 and a 2yo DD- seems like a good balance between wandering pathways of the park and a little beach time. Trying to keep it low key for the girls but DH would get bored on "just" a beach day.

Stacey

We're planning on making our way to chankanaab- I have a 4 1/2 and a 2yo DD- seems like a good balance between wandering pathways of the park and a little beach time. Trying to keep it low key for the girls but DH would get bored on "just" a beach day.

Stacey

I just booked "Hire a Driver for the Day" in Cozumel after reading about 100 extremely positive posts on the Tripadvisor forum. It is rated #1 on Tripadvisor and should make all of us happy-beaches, parks, culture, shopping, Tequila Factory, Chocolate factory, and a trip all away around the island with lots of other stops. Not sure how much of it we will actually do, but it is kinda up our alley! We always go, go, go! Lots of time to relax on the ship! :) If we get done early, we may head to Chankanaab for a couple of hours, or Money Bar, which looks good and is free vs. $20 something pp.

Man oh man am I a procrastinator. Adult FE gifts will be finished tonight and just a few more touches on the kids' stuff and I can finally start packing. Lol. I have less than 72 hours before I'm on a plane.

I wish I could just pixiedust: and everything would be done!

Any word on the mixology? Also any chance those of you with kids in the 7-11 range would want to set up a kids meet-up? I guess all of us in the FE group have room numbers, so we could just send out a text from the wave phone once onboard.

My family will try to sit in the lower left side of the theater (facing the stage) for all the shows if anyone wants to join us there.

I just found out that our favorite act from the Magic, Buckets and Boards, is going to be on our Fantasy cruise. They are a can't miss act!

Finishing packing tonight (why is packing so hard even though vacation is so awesome?), half day of work tomorrow then off to the airport to head to Disney. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Finishing packing tonight (why is packing so hard even though vacation is so awesome?), half day of work tomorrow then off to the airport to head to Disney. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Happy 5th Anniversary! I just noticed this...

And to everyone...

Safe Travels!

Is anyone planning to pack any rain gear? Chance of rain on some port days last time I checked. Hope it changes! If you pack it, you won't need it, and if you don't pack it, you'll get soaked, right?! I think I may have read on another thread that on a previous cruise, CMs were handing out ponchos as folks got off the ship in one of the ports since it was pouring down rain.

got an email today = Mixology is on - if I can get everyone's info - working on final list now - if you have sent me your info please do so now! need full names and cabin numbers

eemaxx said:
Is anyone planning to pack any rain gear? Chance of rain on some port days last time I checked. Hope it changes! If you pack it, you won't need it, and if you don't pack it, you'll get soaked, right?! I think I may have read on another thread that on a previous cruise, CMs were handing out ponchos as folks got off the ship in one of the ports since it was pouring down rain.

What days are supposed to be rainy? I heard balmy, not rainy. Off to my weather channel app I go! :)

Ok I am waiting on one last item - need last names and cabin number for Cruzlover!

Remember day 2 3-4pm - DCL gave me the wrong location (they gave me the location for the magic) I am waiting for updated location - most likely the tube. I will make sure I call a reminder to everyone that booked while on board!

Tinkybell14 said:
Man oh man am I a procrastinator. Adult FE gifts will be finished tonight and just a few more touches on the kids' stuff and I can finally start packing. Lol. I have less than 72 hours before I'm on a plane.

I wish I could just pixiedust: and everything would be done!

Any word on the mixology? Also any chance those of you with kids in the 7-11 range would want to set up a kids meet-up? I guess all of us in the FE group have room numbers, so we could just send out a text from the wave phone once onboard.

My family will try to sit in the lower left side of the theater (facing the stage) for all the shows if anyone wants to join us there.

I just found out that our favorite act from the Magic, Buckets and Boards, is going to be on our Fantasy cruise. They are a can't miss act!

I think a meet up for the kids would be great!

Amanda (AbsyBabsy)- I sent you a PM, I have decided not to do the mixology after all. Just wanted to post here in case you see this first before you submit your final list to DCL, please remove me from the list.

What days are supposed to be rainy? I heard balmy, not rainy. Off to my weather channel app I go! :)

I was going to say, I've been pulling daily weather reports from accuweather, weatherunground, and weather.com... I'm seeing just about perfect weather... I'm going today's now to post to the Facebook group...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter