January 19, 2013 - FANTASY 7 Night Western Cruise

Jealous here on the secret river. I wanted to do it but didnt see all the 60+ people in our group donning wet suits! :) PLus our youngest likely would have not enjoyed it. We opted for the submarine ride.

I am also looking forward to the champagne brunch at Remy. I was super glad we were able to get in on that! :)

I hope you have a lot of fun on your submarine ride! I can't imagine trying to coordinate for that many people on a cruise!!

You'll have to let us all know how brunch was!

I hope you have a lot of fun on your submarine ride! I can't imagine trying to coordinate for that many people on a cruise!!

You'll have to let us all know how brunch was!

HAHA not 60 or more people. That should have been AGE 60+!!! there are only 7 of us spread out in 3 staterooms.

I am not insane enough to travel with THAT many people! :) hehe

HAHA not 60 or more people. That should have been AGE 60+!!! there are only 7 of us spread out in 3 staterooms.

I am not insane enough to travel with THAT many people! :) hehe

nor do i know 60 people that i would WANT to travel with! :) well, except for all you DIS people! :)

Jeisur said:
nor do i know 60 people that i would WANT to travel with! :) well, except for all you DIS people! :)

Hahahahahahahaha... Well I'm really glad for your sake that it isn't that many people!!!!

I'm trying to figure out the shoe situation for my kids- they grpw so fast. DD2 just outgrew the holiday dress I planned on her reusing for formal night- time to shop the post holiday clearance for something that will work. What are the odds I can leave Kohl's with just the one dress?? HMM.

planning to assemble fe's this weekend- hope that goes well. Worried about luggage space. My DH is a packing minimalist so his mind will be blown by the concept of bringing extra stuff "just for fun". My older DD loves the idea of giving and getting special presents so I think she'll be accompanying me for at least some of the distribution.

I know someone had suggested a distribution schedule to spread stuff out- are we going with that idea or just trusting to fate that it'll balance? I'm planning on distributing early in the cruise- either late the first night or early Sun AM (for my own peace of mind and b/c my gift is meant to be used on-ship).Don't want to step on anyone else's toes.

My flight will be landing in FL two weeks from right now- woo hoo!

I'm trying to figure out the shoe situation for my kids- they grpw so fast. DD2 just outgrew the holiday dress I planned on her reusing for formal night- time to shop the post holiday clearance for something that will work. What are the odds I can leave Kohl's with just the one dress?? HMM.

planning to assemble fe's this weekend- hope that goes well. Worried about luggage space. My DH is a packing minimalist so his mind will be blown by the concept of bringing extra stuff "just for fun". My older DD loves the idea of giving and getting special presents so I think she'll be accompanying me for at least some of the distribution.

I know someone had suggested a distribution schedule to spread stuff out- are we going with that idea or just trusting to fate that it'll balance? I'm planning on distributing early in the cruise- either late the first night or early Sun AM (for my own peace of mind and b/c my gift is meant to be used on-ship).Don't want to step on anyone else's toes.

I word for little girls on formal night. They all seem to dress up and princesses! I guess cinderella a rapunzel are pretty formal in their princess dresses. Maybe you can just pick up a dress at the disney store and kill two birds with one stone!?

My husband LOVES passing out the FE gifts with me. He likes seeing how people decorate. We tend to get ours out either the first night or early the next morning. Ours are kind of bulky as we have individual gift bags for each kid plus individual stateroom gifts. But since I have to pass out the list anyway we may just try to tackle it all at one time before dinner on the first night.

I think we are just having faith that they balance out for delivery times and days. I guess a word to the wise is if the FE looks FULL, come back later? The teens tend to wander the falls in the later evenings and that is the time I have historically seen more things vanish. :( I really hate to even think about things being stolen but it happens. Just check your FE on at sea days a bit more frequently as I have a feeling more people will deliver on those days when time is a bit more flexible.

Excursion days are tough and I fear the longer things sit around the higher the risk of vanishing acts.

Are you staying in Orlando that night or heading right out to Port Canaveral? We are landing at 5:30ish on the 18th and we plan to go to dinner at Downtown Disney area and then go ahead and drive out to Port Canaveral. We have a hotel close to the port so in the morning, it will just be wake-up, hotel breakfast then turn in the rental and shuttle to the terminal! So excited :yay:

As for the FE, we plan on distributing ours probably the second or third day hopefully right before the first dinner seating. We are second seating, but I figure that everyone comes back to their room before dinner so hopefully the items won't sit out for too long. I'm hoping that ours fit in the FEs at this point!

I figured we would distribute the FE gifts throughout the length of the cruise. Maybe a few decks each day. I think we'll play it by ear depending on the weather and what time everyone gets up in the morning (we're generally early risers- even the 10 and 5 year olds!)

This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, so we are now CC members. Does this mean we get those cool lanyards when we check in this time? Just the adults or do the kids get them too?

I figured we would distribute the FE gifts throughout the length of the cruise. Maybe a few decks each day. I think we'll play it by ear depending on the weather and what time everyone gets up in the morning (we're generally early risers- even the 10 and 5 year olds!)

This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, so we are now CC members. Does this mean we get those cool lanyards when we check in this time? Just the adults or do the kids get them too?

everyone that has cruised before on Disney gets them. Our last cruise our littlest was not silver because he had never been before. So we got 3 lanyards. He didn't get one. But he could care less! :)

I am excited to say this time in 2 weeks I'll be enjoying dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge! I fly in early morning on the 18th, plan to spend the day by the pool if the weather allows, I'm staying at Art of Animation for the first time. Then dinner at AP and after dinner shopping/ice cream dessert at Downtown Disney. Off to the port bright and early in the AM!

All CC members, including kids, get the cool lanyards. You will get silver since it is your second cruise. On your 6th you get gold (I was super stoked to get my first gold one in May this year!), and then I think you get the black one which is for Platinum when you are on your 11th I believe.

everyone that has cruised before on Disney gets them. Our last cruise our littlest was not silver because he had never been before. So we got 3 lanyards. He didn't get one. But he could care less! :)
LOL...on our last cruise my mom and I got lanyards as we were repeats but my dad was a newbie, so he didnt get one, but I brought him one of my spare silver ones from a prior cruise so he could "pose" as a CC member...he loved it!

LOL...on our last cruise my mom and I got lanyards as we were repeats but my dad was a newbie, so he didnt get one, but I brought him one of my spare silver ones from a prior cruise so he could "pose" as a CC member...he loved it!

luckily the kids didn't use them so there was no big deal. But I was thinking of doing that for my Mom this trip since she is newbie. She hasnt been able to travel with us as she was caring for her mother (who just passed in sept at age 94) full time in Ohio for the last 4.5 years. This is like a MAJOR vacation for her since she was 24/7 for all that time. I want her to be spoiled! :)

So...are any of you thinking about participating in the family talent show??? We didn't even know about this on our last cruise, but my daughter and I may give it a try this time. From what I've read on the boards here, it's not a competition, no prizes, just good clean fun :-)

I think the talent show would be great fun, but DH is shy and I don't think there's any way he'd do it. I haven't even mentioned it to him.

Spent the morning making the kids new pillow cases to drop off at guest services to have the characters sign! :) They always love the signed pillow cases.

In case you haven't done this before there is no charge. You provide the pillow case and markers in a ziplock bag the first day and it magically reappears in your stateroom the last night all signed! :)

photo1.jpg

Finally completed my FEs today, YAY! This is our first Disney cruise. I have a question on decorating the door. My mom bought us a package of the self-adhesive (although they are not sticky at all) Disney stickers to decorate our door. They are the kind that say you can apply them to doors/windows/walls, etc., with no damage. Does anyone know if these are acceptable and have you seen other people use them without any trouble. I certainly don't want to damage anything, and I don't think they will. I guess worst case scenario is to take some of the smaller ones and try and turn them into magnets if they are not allowed as the "safe stickers".

Finally completed my FEs today, YAY! This is our first Disney cruise. I have a question on decorating the door. My mom bought us a package of the self-adhesive (although they are not sticky at all) Disney stickers to decorate our door. They are the kind that say you can apply them to doors/windows/walls, etc., with no damage. Does anyone know if these are acceptable and have you seen other people use them without any trouble. I certainly don't want to damage anything, and I don't think they will. I guess worst case scenario is to take some of the smaller ones and try and turn them into magnets if they are not allowed as the "safe stickers".
No stickers or adhesive of any kind is allowed. They do this because they have no way of knowing what would cause damage or not by looking at it, and even those types of things that say "no damage" have resulted in some before...happened to me with one of those no-damage advertised 3M products. To avoid any trouble, I suggest sticking them onto little magnet pieces, which you can then put onto the door. Stores like Staples sell a small roll of magnetic material very cheap, you just unroll and cut the size piece you need. I've actually used this for some Disney stickers I have also.

10 days until I leave and I finally have the FE gifts done!!

And my biggest accomplishment:with the sole exception of toiletries, I'm completely packed. :woohoo:

I am SO ready for this cruise!!!!!!!

10 days until I leave and I finally have the FE gifts done!!

And my biggest accomplishment:with the sole exception of toiletries, I'm completely packed. :woohoo:

I am SO ready for this cruise!!!!!!!

Should we bow down and worship! :)

I have things set out all over the place but am no where NEAR ready to start putting bags together. Maybe this week I will find the motivation. I am trying to plan a birthday party for our little guy, turns 5 next week and finished our FE gifts. At least the kids gifts are done, need to finish cabin gifts but we have been so darn busy! :(

Called Disney last night to inquire about booking for friends who were thinking of joining us. The ship is completely sold out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter