January 19, 2013 - FANTASY 7 Night Western Cruise

Tinkybell14 said:
Sounds like fun to me. I don't think our boarding time is until 1230. We plan to be at the terminal around 11, so hopefully we will get to board right away. We are only silver CC at this point though, so we'll see. :(

We tend to board rather early since we get to the port crazy early usually. my hubby likes to be first in line! haha rush rush rush to relax! Also, since we are concierge we will be even earlier this time. Our family traveling with us boards in group 1. Kind of neat. I am so excited to see our room. We have normally had family stateroom with verandah. It's is a suite this time!, We get the front of the ship on deck 12. Kids are so excited!

Sounds like an awesome idea! We're taking the DCL transport from WDW, so if we make it to the ship in time, we'll join!

We're on the same transport. I have no idea when they'll get us to the ship!

Has anyone done this before? Any idea what time they will pick us up at WDW?

Thanks

My DH and I are in for mixology- however for us to participate we'll have to get our two year old into the nursery. Not sure if that would be hard to do at the last minute- I prebooked most of my hours for during our late dining time- figure she'll be happier there since her usual bedtime is 8.
When do we find out when the mixology would be?

Alternatively- I could go to mixolgy and leave DH in charge of DD :goodvibes
So if you;re trying to get a firm minimum of 25,you can count us for a definite 1 and possible 2 (if that's allowed (not sure if you're allowed to add people in later).

I hope we can come up with enough!!! My wife and I are in the same ship as you two... 30 & 31, are you a Nurse? My wife is also... :)

Yep I am a nurse! What a small world! Looks like there is more interest for the private mixology class as well... really hoping we can make that happen!

Hey everyone, I am bumping this post so you all can read it. AbsyBabsy is trying to organzie a private mixology group for our DIS gang. So far there are 20 people interested, maybe 22. She needs 25 commitments to book. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post quickly if you are interested so she can get the ball rolling on this. It really sounds like a neat idea and way to meet some of the other DIS gang! :)

-Laurie

My sister and I (Aurella & Melinda) are interested in the private mixology class. Count us in!

Hi Everyone, we are just joining this cruise. My family is very excited. Is there a Fish Extender group? if so are we too late to join?

CruiseToSee said:
Hi Everyone, we are just joining this cruise. My family is very excited. Is there a Fish Extender group? if so are we too late to join?

Welcome aboard! This serves as the FE group. The deadline was dec 19. :( with the holidays we cut off early. Sorry

We're on the same transport. I have no idea when they'll get us to the ship!

Has anyone done this before? Any idea what time they will pick us up at WDW?

Thanks

We're doing the same thing... My research, what good that is..., tells me pickup is 11:30 - 12:30 with an arrival around 1:30.

I'm trying to figure out what time we get back to Disney as we are doing 5 days after the cruise and 1 day before... :confused3

Anyone out there that does door magnets know where to find a cheap lamintor? I don't want to tear up the one here at work for Disney stuff! LOL... Do Staples or Office Max do that sort of thing?

horric29 said:
We're doing the same thing... My research, what good that is..., tells me pickup is 11:30 - 12:30 with an arrival around 1:30.

I'm trying to figure out what time we get back to Disney as we are doing 5 days after the cruise and 1 day before... :confused3

Anyone out there that does door magnets know where to find a cheap lamintor? I don't want to tear up the one here at work for Disney stuff! LOL... Do Staples or Office Max do that sort of thing?

From what I understand, it's possible to get back to the resorts after the cruise before the parks open or shortly thereafter.

As for a laminator, you can get one at JoAnne's for 50ish. You could also try cold laminate sheets, which are also sold there.

From what I understand, it's possible to get back to the resorts after the cruise before the parks open or shortly thereafter.

As for a laminator, you can get one at JoAnne's for 50ish. You could also try cold laminate sheets, which are also sold there.

Ah! Excellent tips! Thanks for the advice!

Ah! Excellent tips! Thanks for the advice!

FWIW, you can get JoAnne's coupons pretty easily, but they can't be used on the laminator itself. They can be used on the extra laminating sheets or the cold laminating sheets. Cold laminating is by far the cheapest method if you won't be using the hot laminator again, but IMHO, the sheets that are readily for sale are subpar. (I am also a perfectionist and just a little OCD about those things, though...)

capshockeygrl said:
FWIW, you can get JoAnne's coupons pretty easily, but they can't be used on the laminator itself. They can be used on the extra laminating sheets or the cold laminating sheets. Cold laminating is by far the cheapest method if you won't be using the hot laminator again, but IMHO, the sheets that are readily for sale are subpar. (I am also a perfectionist and just a little OCD about those things, though...)

If you have a Costco or amazon prime they have nice laminator a for about $20. We use ours from Costco constantly and it hold up well

Staples does have laminating services but I actually just print my magnet designs directly onto the Staples brand magnetic paper. Its great quality and they stick very well to the doors and have held up well when I take them home or office and leave them up on my filing cabinets, etc.

For the private mixology, it does sound like we've reached a good size of interest, but do we know when the session will be held? I am definitely still interested but I do have brunch at Palo and Remy scheduled on the 2 sea days, so I would need to know when this mixology is going to be for sure beforehand.

Depends on the result you want, but I have had great success with clear contact paper. Just cut, peel & stick! It worked much better than the photo no-heat laminators I tried.

We are getting closer. Are you starting to think about packing yet?

What have you realized you forgot or need to buy?

What are you most looking forward to on the cruise???

I have some things laid out and some things off to the dry cleaners. Totally need new shoes for everyone! We are looking forward to family time without the drama of life interrupting us!

We are getting closer. Are you starting to think about packing yet?

What have you realized you forgot or need to buy?

What are you most looking forward to on the cruise???

I have some things laid out and some things off to the dry cleaners. Totally need new shoes for everyone! We are looking forward to family time without the drama of life interrupting us!

I'm already (mostly) packed! Just need to add in last minute items on the 17th before my flight!

Nothing forgotten.... yet.

Most looking forward to the Secret River excursion and RELAXING! :beach:

I'm already (mostly) packed! Just need to add in last minute items on the 17th before my flight!

Nothing forgotten.... yet.

Most looking forward to the Secret River excursion and RELAXING! :beach:

Jealous here on the secret river. I wanted to do it but didnt see all the 60+ people in our group donning wet suits! :) PLus our youngest likely would have not enjoyed it. We opted for the submarine ride.

I am also looking forward to the champagne brunch at Remy. I was super glad we were able to get in on that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter