January 17th 2014 Disney Magic 3 Night Bahamas Cruise

thesmallwoods

Earning My Ears
I searched for an existing cruise meet thread for this cruise and didn't find one so thought I'd start one!

I am super excited to go on this cruise because it's not only our first Disney cruise but our first cruise ever and on the newly remodeled Magic! How exciting...... and after stalking the Disboards for over a year I was hoping to participate in an FE exchange and/or a DIS Meet!

So I wanted to set up a place for all of us to start getting excited as our cruise dates gets closer and to set up our FE lists. So if you are joining our group please feel free to post and I'll keep a list of us going here at the top.

I'll start us off......

thesmallwoods DW, DH, DD (8), DS (2)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:

Have a great cruise!

We are going too. This will our 8th DCL trip and our son's second. Looking forward to experiencing the refurb'd Magic. We sailed on her three times included this past April from Galveston.

The FE is now closed to new participants. If you signed up for the FE gift exchange, check your PM inbox.

The final count for the FE is: 23 staterooms and 79 participants including 40 adults and 39 children.

Thank you!

The FE is ON! :cool1: If you are not familiar with the FE Gift exchange, please read this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2

If you want to participate in the FE Gift Exchange please send me a PM (private message) with the following info:

1. Stateroom number(s)
  2. Number of stateroom occupants and ages of children.
  3. Special concerns, if any (food restrictions/allergies, etc)

Optional
Gender, names of stateroom occupants
Special occasions (birthday, anniversary, etc.)
Email address
Anything else you want people to know.

I will collect the information and put it into a google "sheet." I will share the sheet with you if you if you send me an email address. (gmail works best) Then you can check the sheet for updates at your convenience. If for some reason you can't access the sheet, I can send you updates at my convenience. :coffee: I think a reasonable deadline to get in on the FE is two weeks before the cruise or January 3rd. I will also post the final FE list on my stateroom door: 2141.

I welcome your suggestions and questions if you send them via PM.

Finally, I don't make the rules, but the idea is to have FUN. If something comes up and you can't pull this off exactly as planned, then try to improvise. After all, its anonymous! :smokin:

----------------------------------------------------------
(Original post, before edit...)
We just booked this! :thumbsup2 There is conflicting info on the DCL website, but it looks like the itinerary includes a Sea Day rather than the typical Nassau port visit. That's fine by me.

My wife should post here soon. Pretty sure she will be up for the FE since we are bringing children, plus the sea day. So far, our party includes:

DH, John (decked out), 52
DW, Liz (Liz Arjay)
DD Annie, 17
DD Gigi, 17

Hurray! :cool1:

We just booked this! :thumbsup2 There is conflicting info on the DCL website, but it looks like the itinerary includes a Sea Day rather than the typical Nassau port visit. That's fine by me.

My wife should post here soon. Pretty sure she will be up for the FE since we are bringing children, plus the sea day. So far, our party includes:

DH, John (decked out), 52
DW, Liz (Liz Arjay)
DD Annie, 17
DD Gigi, 17
My mom: Maureen
Liz's mom: Ann

Hurray! :cool1:

Hello, I am the DW Liz.
Really looking forward to this, and want to do the FE.
Can't wait to see the "new" Magic!
:banana:

We are very excited about sailing on the reimagineered Magic! :yay: We've been on the other DCL ships, but this will be our 1st on the Magic.

Fish Extenders was a blast on our recent Fantasy cruise; so we are in for that!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 7 months!

Joe DH
Linda DW
hannaH (21) DD
Abbey (18) DD

:cool1:

We are very excited about sailing on the reimagineered Magic! :yay: We've been on the other DCL ships, but this will be our 1st on the Magic.

Fish Extenders was a blast on our recent Fantasy cruise; so we are in for that!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 7 months!

Joe DH
Linda DW
hannaH (21) DD
Abbey (18) DD

:cool1:

Welcome aboard! We have not yet been on the Fantasy, so will have to do that one of these days. I wish they would switch up the itineraries a bit more, although it does seem like many of the Carribean ports feel similar.
Liz :goodvibes

My mother (60), sister (28) and I (30) will be joining you on this one. We booked a quick 3 day cruise as I saw the price for 11C and couldn't pass it up. This will be my seventh DCL cruise- 1 Dream, 1 Magic and 4 Wonder cruises under my belt previously.

Have you guys heard if they are going to have the midship detective agency game on the ship with the redos? (really hoping for it).

Can't wait to meet you all.

Count us in as well... myself and my two DS (8 & 15 when we cruise). Have never done a FE before, so still undecided there. Just so excited to cruise the Magic again after all the exciting enhancements, and looking forward to getting to know everyone!!!

Just booked this cruise as a getaway for only DH & me!

Leaving the kids at home with grandma!

Hey everyone, so excited to get to know all of you before the cruise!! I'm also excited about seeing the Magic after the enhancements!! And the price for this cruise was just too good to pass up! Let the countdown begin!

Hello guys! :wave: I just booked us tonight - so it's official - I even did the airfare and the hotel prior to the cruise so it's really official I guess! :lmao:

We have been itching to book a cruise on the Magic, even if it's a quick getaway so we could check out all the new things she will have after dry dock. The Magic will be my last ship before completing my Grand Slam and we have the Fantasy booked for next Spring Break next April so my DH and DS will also complete their grand slam then! FUN :banana:

Looking forward to chatting with you guys before our fun January getaway! It will be me, my DH and DS who will be 10 at cruise time.

Take care,
Heather

It is so nice to have this cruise booked and have it to look forward to all these months. That is almost as much fun as the cruise itself! pixiedust:
Liz

We will be on this cruise. It works out perfectly for my 2 boys in middle school. They are out of school Friday and Monday. So, this couldn't be more perfect. When we originally booked we included the boys, but hoping to make it a getaway for my husband and I. Thought it would be easier to remove them than add them if we couldn't get babysitting lined up. Well since booking saw all the things they're doing to the ship during dry dock and didn't want to take this away from them. So, they are going with us!

It will be myself-Judy
DH-Ray
DS-Michael (14)
DS-Zachary (12)
DS-Christopher (9)
Couldn't resist the price esp for the 3-5 person rate! Also loving the sea day instead of Nassau!

Welcome to the new cruisers. As you say, the extra day at sea will be wonderful instead of boring old Nassau.

Treasure Island is one of our favorite places when not on a Disney cruise, however :beach:

Liz

We will be on this cruise. It works out perfectly for my 2 boys in middle school. They are out of school Friday and Monday. So, this couldn't be more perfect. When we originally booked we included the boys, but hoping to make it a getaway for my husband and I. Thought it would be easier to remove them than add them if we couldn't get babysitting lined up. Well since booking saw all the things they're doing to the ship during dry dock and didn't want to take this away from them. So, they are going with us!

It will be myself-Judy
DH-Ray
DS-Michael (14)
DS-Zachary (12)
DS-Christopher (9)
Couldn't resist the price esp for the 3-5 person rate! Also loving the sea day instead of Nassau!
Lucky you!! :) I think this past year, my DS also had the Friday before and Monday of MLK off but sadly this upcoming year that's not the case. The same week of MLK they have Thursday and Friday as teacher workdays but they are also inclement weather make up days so I didn't want to "gamble" with the weather and him missing potentially two days there so we stuck with MLK weekend and we love the Sea Day and Castaway Cay day! :thumbsup2
Welcome to the new cruisers. As you say, the extra day at sea will be wonderful instead of boring old Nassau.

Treasure Island is one of our favorite places when not on a Disney cruise, however :beach:

Liz
Hi!! :wave:

Hey group! This is my families very first cruise we are soo excited! Me 27 dh 28 and dd 5

Awesome - first cruise!! You'll soon see why so many of us LOVE it. I never expected a year ago I'd be looking at 4 cruises done within the following year with 3 more booked! I will make Gold status in 2 weeks on a girls cruise on the Dream and will have sailed all four ships in 12 months! I promise you - I expected to really like it, but um, well, addicted?? :rotfl2: It's a great family vacation and experience :)

Can't wait to see and hear about all the re-imagined areas on the ship once she comes out of dry dock! SO EXCITING!

Heather

It will be myself-Judy
DH-Ray
DS-Michael (14)
DS-Zachary (12)
DS-Christopher (9)

Good call bringing the children. We liked this one because nobody misses school with the Friday and Monday off.

We spent a few summers at Sunset Beach and always love visiting TI. Talk about a pirate party paradise... pirate:

Wow Heather, you really did flip for DCL! :yay: I thought we were going a little crazy with about 2 cruises per year since our first trip. Gold members? You'll probably be Platinum in under two years which ought to be some kind of record. :worship: I can see we have at least a few experienced cruisers on this trip, so I look forward to hearing everyone's tips to make this one great.

Nice to see this thread finally break page 2. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter