• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 15, 2012 - WONDERful Mexican Mickeys

We got the refund as well. It was due to a reduction in the port charges or taxes for the sailing. Nothing to do with what catagory you were in. :goodvibes

Here is my new delimma... We are staying the night before the cruise at the BW by Disneyland. I have Super Shuttle taking us from LAX to Anaheim, but I don't have anything booked to take us to the ship Sunday morning.

Anyone have experience with transportation that could help? Super Shuttle doesn't seem to have anything from DL hotels to the pier. Maybe a taxi is the way we'll have to go.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!! :cool2:

We got the refund as well. It was due to a reduction in the port charges or taxes for the sailing. Nothing to do with what catagory you were in. :goodvibes

Here is my new delimma... We are staying the night before the cruise at the BW by Disneyland. I have Super Shuttle taking us from LAX to Anaheim, but I don't have anything booked to take us to the ship Sunday morning.

Anyone have experience with transportation that could help? Super Shuttle doesn't seem to have anything from DL hotels to the pier. Maybe a taxi is the way we'll have to go.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!! :cool2:

I hope I am getting a refund!!!!!

We are taking our rental car back to LAX on Sat night and then gonna catch a shuttle to the Crowne at the port and then they have a shuttle in the morning. Hey does anyone still need transport to airport after cruise??? I saw a Limo for $135 and we don't need the whole thing so we thought if anyone wants to share it it would only cost each family like $67. Any takers????

Us to.. taking the rental car back to LAX on Sat night and then taking super shuttle to a hotel by the port and taking the hotel shuttle to the port in the am.. from the port to LAX we are thinking about super shuttle at $17 per person.

Us to.. taking the rental car back to LAX on Sat night and then taking super shuttle to a hotel by the port and taking the hotel shuttle to the port in the am.. from the port to LAX we are thinking about super shuttle at $17 per person.

Looks like we have the same idea!! We are thinking of getting a private van for $55.

Thank goodness you guys get on here and chat, I have like 37 days before telling the girls and I am going crazy!! I still need to do FE's. We are sick:sick: in this home and DD(11) has missed 2 days this week with fever so not motivated here to go get my supplies made for the FE gift. I must get it done before Christmas!! Well I am off to send some things to the printer via email so I can at least get that done for my FE and then I will continue the rest next week , I HOPE!!

We are having a busy week here too, sick kids, school stuff, work stuff.

Finally PM'ed my FE info :)

Hubbie and I are going on the Dec 4 Wonder without the kiddos and our inside GTY room just got assigned and we got upgraded to a Balcony (6a). Super happy!

Love reading everyone's plans for the cruise!

Happy Friday.

We are having a busy week here too, sick kids, school stuff, work stuff.

Finally PM'ed my FE info :)

Hubbie and I are going on the Dec 4 Wonder without the kiddos and our inside GTY room just got assigned and we got upgraded to a Balcony (6a). Super happy!

Love reading everyone's plans for the cruise!

Happy Friday.

Thats awesome for you!! Wish they haven't assigned my room already.... I even tried to go to a standard inside instead of the delux I have and they said the standards weren't involed in FKMR. I would sacrifice the difference in price to get outta the room I am in. I guess I can ask at the port. My TA had them document that I really want a different room.
Got ur PM. It's just you and the girls going??? Just wanted to make sure.

Hi! I booked this cruise a little while ago as a birthday getaway and am looking forward to returning to the Wonder! I think I saw someone in this thread asking about adult-only cruisers. Well, I'll be sailing solo so that's about as adult-only as one can get. <G> I'm still working out my flights as I'm looking to spend at least a couple of post-cruise days at DL.

Thats awesome for you!! Wish they haven't assigned my room already.... I even tried to go to a standard inside instead of the delux I have and they said the standards weren't involed in FKMR. I would sacrifice the difference in price to get outta the room I am in. I guess I can ask at the port. My TA had them document that I really want a different room.
Got ur PM. It's just you and the girls going??? Just wanted to make sure.

Just me and the girls going :) Dh and the rest of them are staying home.

Hopefully you can get your room switched at port. My FKMR room is GTY 9C and probably I will be at port with you trying to get outta my room if I don't like the location. If there is anything available I can pay to upgrade to to get off of a lower deck I will because we just prefer being on the upper decks.

But lots of pixie dust to you that something changes in the meanwhile and you don't have to worry about it at port!

QUOTE]

hmmm I wonder why I didnt get a refund, has anyone that hasnt gotten one called DCL and asked ?

Hi! I booked this cruise a little while ago as a birthday getaway and am looking forward to returning to the Wonder! I think I saw someone in this thread asking about adult-only cruisers. Well, I'll be sailing solo so that's about as adult-only as one can get. <G> I'm still working out my flights as I'm looking to spend at least a couple of post-cruise days at DL.
Hiya ImprovGal!!! If I can get my girls to hang at the club I may have a few adult-only moments...:rotfl: Welcome to our fun Mexican Mickey group. Are you interested in participating in our FE?? Just let me know, so I may add you to the webpage.
Just me and the girls going :) Dh and the rest of them are staying home.

Hopefully you can get your room switched at port. My FKMR room is GTY 9C and probably I will be at port with you trying to get outta my room if I don't like the location. If there is anything available I can pay to upgrade to to get off of a lower deck I will because we just prefer being on the upper decks.

But lots of pixie dust to you that something changes in the meanwhile and you don't have to worry about it at port!

Girls only cruise...I like it!! I hope to do one with my girls in a few years. I have never asked my DH cause he works hard and I feel like he deserves to go....so tell me how do I pull a girls only cruise off?;)
I don't mind deck 2, just not the Aft. We have been at that end before and it was so noisy and my DD's top bunk rail rattled all night long and we didn't sleep well. I don't want that especially on jet lag...:eek:

I am happy to say I have put together almost all my FE's. I made the adult gifts, and the kids along with some extra goodies. I only have 5 more adult gifts left to make....so 10 total cause I make 2 each person. However it is taking up more space then I thought it would. I have 5 families left to get in my carry on and my carry on is already full. I get free luggage so no biggie BUT I have to carry on my FE's so they don't get broken. You know you can't trust the airlines not to break something. I think Monday I will go through the luggage and see what I am missing. I can't beleive I do all this in front of my girls and they don't ask....Ok yes I do cause they just think their anal organized mom is just getting a start on our Fantasy cruise...:rotfl:

As for the refund....I called my TA and she said she hadn't heard anything but I may call DCL and ask myself. I only turn my cruise over to AAA so I can get whatever credit they are offering, which I think for the MR is like nothing. Normally when I have done this it's $75OBC so free $$ is always nice...this one I will be lucky for a fruit basket...:rotfl::rotfl:

Michelle - Holy crow! You are packed already???! That's just nuts!:worship:

ImprovGal - Welcome, welcome! Yes, my husband and I are doing an adults only cruise, meaning our 8 year old and 6 year old will be staying home with g'ma and g'pa. I am looking forward to a real vacation without the kids so dh and I can just enjoy being with each other, kwim? Btw, nice birthday present to yourself. I hope to take the kids on DCL in 2013, just have to save up an arm and a leg to do it.

Grlzmom - OK, I'm very jealous of your Dec 4th cruise. Where is that one going?

For those of you who have been on multiple, multipe DCL cruises...what spa treatments are worth the $$ and which just sound good on paper?

Off to work on FE stuff...

Beth-----I am not nuts just organized. And I put away the summer stuff in the attic so I kept stuff down we just bought & packed it in suitcase. I had to do everything now cause after Christmas will have NO time!!!! I need more suitcases----lol

Speaking of packing, what types of clothes are people bringing? I just don't know how to dress for Mexico in January.

Shorts? Skirts? jeans? t-shirts? long sleeves????? HELP!

Speaking of packing, what types of clothes are people bringing? I just don't know how to dress for Mexico in January.

Shorts? Skirts? jeans? t-shirts? long sleeves????? HELP!

From what I have read our sail out day and coming back in on Sun could be in the 60's. But PV and Cabo look like high 70's , low 80. For us coming from 20 or below it will feel like a heat wave. I am packing shorts but also bring us each a sweatshirt and jeans for coming home.

:thumbsup2
From what I have read our sail out day and coming back in on Sun could be in the 60's. But PV and Cabo look like high 70's , low 80. For us coming from 20 or below it will feel like a heat wave. I am packing shorts but also bring us each a sweatshirt and jeans for coming home.

:thumbsup2 us too..could be below zero or just cold and windy..

Good Evening everyone. Hope you all are preparing for the Thanksgiving feast but not going crazy doing so.... I have a busy week....tonight DD(11) had bible study group, and DD(7) had an soccer 5:30-7pm...But we do drive an hour away for that. then tomorrow DD(11) has ballet, and Weds she has a church function. What a busy week. I am hoping to get the last of my FE's done and prepare to hit the stores black friday. Anyone going out? If so what are the things you are needing to buy for christmas??

Well off to FB a bit and then to bed...tired of being sick!!!

I have done Black Friday for years and years.. that was when the stores opened at 4 am, The rountine was that Dh, the boys and I waited in line with a hot chocolate, went to many stores .. best buy, walmart, target, TRUS etc..and then out to breakfast ..and home to put things together, etc and veg out..

but this year... the boys are getting in line at 10pm since the stores open at midnight.. going from one store to the next..starting with best buy, walmart, etc..as for me.. i am gonna sit this year out..:thumbsup2 since I am cooking, cleaning, serving, washing and picking up.. no way would I go out later in the evening..

We will be on this cruise as well (DH 42, DW 41)! Not bringing the kids even though they qualified for the KSF promotion. I guess we will have to spend extra time in the Spa celebrating our 20th ALONE!!! :beach::hug::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter