January 15, 2012 - WONDERful Mexican Mickeys

Donathius

Mouseketeer
So I was perusing the meet threads and was totally surprised that there isn't one for the 1/15/12 MR cruise. Although I'm probably the least qualified to set up the thread as I've never been on a cruise much less a Disney cruise, I figured I'd get this started.

This is just going to be me and my DW. Our son who will be 15 months when we leave is staying home with grandma. We've also got another couple that may be joining us - they're coming over for dinner tonight so maybe we'll get that hook sunk in.

So any other DISers going on this cruise or am I the sole representation? :eek:

(Oh, and if anyone else wants to actually organize a meet, I'm more than happy to let that happen as I have no clue what I'm doing)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Heeeeey! We've just booked for this cruise and I'm SUPER excited!!!

I'm 20, cruising with my parents, sister and her boyfriend. This will be our second Disney cruise (the boyfriend's first.) Last time we did a 4 day in the bahamas and it just wasn't long enough!

I'm going to be graduating from Animation school in San Francisco the week after, and we're also going to squeeze in a couple of days at the parks so it's going to be a very exciting vacation indeed!

Nice to meet you Donathius, you're in for a great time! Hopefully there will be some more DISer's joining us soon!

Hey! I'm the sister (16) of wenuwish :)

So exciting to have finally booked on this cruise I've been looking at it for months!
Can't wait for 7 nights of the amazing food !

Hope to meet more people coming on this cruise soon!

OK, add us to the list since we just booked.
Myself,DH, DS16 and DS 13. We did this cruise in February and had a "Wonder"ful time. Can't wait!

we are looking at booking.. I'll let you know..

BOOKED!!!

Dh and I , late seating, our anniversary cruise.. it is cruise #8..2nd on the Wonder..( first was Alaska)..been on the Magic many times.. Dream 4 day this November.. yes it is our first year as empty nesters.. and gonna have fun..

I just thought I'd let people know (hopefully you subbed to the thread) - Disney just dropped the price on the Jan 15 MR cruise that we're all going on. I had my TA rebook our cat11b sideways room and we got $260 back!

Incidentally I never mentioned anything about our occasion for going on this cruise. Basically we're doing an early third anniversary celebration. I got a new job earlier this year that gave us the funds available to do this and my mom is able to babysit our DS so we can go enjoy some much needed solitude. We decided to do late seating so that there aren't as many small children at dinner. This is the first ever cruise for both of us and we're way excited. I'm going a little overboard and booked us a room on Harbor Blvd right across from the main Disneyland entrance for the night before. We're not going to go into the park, but we'd rather stay somewhere that we can get out and enjoy than some random hotel in LA or San Pedro.

we are looking at booking.. I'll let you know..

BOOKED!!!

Dh and I , late seating, our anniversary cruise.. it is cruise #8..2nd on the Wonder..( first was Alaska)..been on the Magic many times.. Dream 4 day this November.. yes it is our first year as empty nesters.. and gonna have fun..

Awesome!!! You're on this cruise, too! How cool. I *think* we're going. At least I have a deposit down. Need to make a final decision by November 1st. I thought it would be me and my son and two of my grandchildren but he isn't going. Still trying to convince DH but it may just be me and my grandaughter.

We'll get to meet before Hawaii!!!

Awesome!!! You're on this cruise, too! How cool. I *think* we're going. At least I have a deposit down. Need to make a final decision by November 1st. I thought it would be me and my son and two of my grandchildren but he isn't going. Still trying to convince DH but it may just be me and my grandaughter.

We'll get to meet before Hawaii!!!

that is so great that you will be there too..:). I need to pm you and give you my phone number, since we are not far apart.. Seems like great minds think alike..:thumbsup2

If this is TMI, just skip..

when the kids were little and beyond, we went to WDW over MLK weekend because the "kids" were out of school and had just finished finals, so a long weekend was perfect.. so DH and I have an anniversary on Jan 14th, and i wanted to celebrate at Le Cellier in Canada with pretzel bread, filets and garlic pototoes...now the "kids" are grown, we can celebrate in other ways.. hence a cruise for our anniversary...:banana::love:

I just thought I'd let people know (hopefully you subbed to the thread) - Disney just dropped the price on the Jan 15 MR cruise that we're all going on. I had my TA rebook our cat11b sideways room and we got $260 back!

Incidentally I never mentioned anything about our occasion for going on this cruise. Basically we're doing an early third anniversary celebration. I got a new job earlier this year that gave us the funds available to do this and my mom is able to babysit our DS so we can go enjoy some much needed solitude. We decided to do late seating so that there aren't as many small children at dinner. This is the first ever cruise for both of us and we're way excited. I'm going a little overboard and booked us a room on Harbor Blvd right across from the main Disneyland entrance for the night before. We're not going to go into the park, but we'd rather stay somewhere that we can get out and enjoy than some random hotel in LA or San Pedro.

thanks for the info..
I am going to book a room near the port.I have to go back to the PC cruise info and see where I stayed ...it was very nice and had a shuttle to the port..

I am on the Hawaii cruise in Oct 2012 and will be doing DL and DCA then..so I'll stay on site using DVC points..

thanks for the info..
I am going to book a room near the port.I have to go back to the PC cruise info and see where I stayed ...it was very nice and had a shuttle to the port..

I am on the Hawaii cruise in Oct 2012 and will be doing DL and DCA then..so I'll stay on site using DVC points..

Hey all!!! We just booked this cruise. This will be our4th DCL. We ar myself,Dh,dd(11) and DD(7) turning 8 6 days after we get of the boat. we are surprising the girls with this for xmas. So excited!! It looks like this isn't a large thread and no FE?????? Just checking. Well off to repack the stuff from our WDW trip from late sept. Some of it can come on this cruise. Glad to meet ya al!!!

welcome..:welcome:

just a small group so far.. but a fun one:thumbsup2

no FE but ... we could do some meets and fun events..

I always loved the cheese platter and wine on deck 4..

I always loved the cheese platter and wine on deck 4..[/QUOTE

Glad to be apart of this fun group! I can't imagine a cruise without a FE....but I guess I am about to find out.:eek:

I need a few ideas...we probably are flying in Fri/Sat. If I need a place to stay...any suggestions?? I was to do this cruise this sept but had to cancel, and lost a hotel I got on priceline since I didn't go so I will try that one but would love suggestions. Also does DCL use transfers or you just have to find your own way there? Last time I looked the port only had enterprise car rental....any others that will shuttle us to port??? Thanks for any info!!:thumbsup2

I always loved the cheese platter and wine on deck 4..[/QUOTE

Glad to be apart of this fun group! I can't imagine a cruise without a FE....but I guess I am about to find out.:eek:

I need a few ideas...we probably are flying in Fri/Sat. If I need a place to stay...any suggestions?? I was to do this cruise this sept but had to cancel, and lost a hotel I got on priceline since I didn't go so I will try that one but would love suggestions. Also does DCL use transfers or you just have to find your own way there? Last time I looked the port only had enterprise car rental....any others that will shuttle us to port??? Thanks for any info!!:thumbsup2

not sure.. but DCL does do a shuttle from the airport to the ship and from DL hotels..cost is $60 per person..

I need to look at the hotel we had for the PC, we took super shuttle to hotel and then the hotel had a free shuttle to the ship.. got a quote from the TA for the airport Marriott for $177 per night...
gonna look and see what i can come up with.

As far as FE, most of us just booked in the last month, so there has been no time for organizing anything..

I can stop at Home Depot anb get LGMH to hand for the lanyards at the DIS meet

not sure.. but DCL does do a shuttle from the airport to the ship and from DL hotels..cost is $60 per person..

I need to look at the hotel we had for the PC, we took super shuttle to hotel and then the hotel had a free shuttle to the ship.. got a quote from the TA for the airport Marriott for $177 per night...
gonna look and see what i can come up with.

As far as FE, most of us just booked in the last month, so there has been no time for organizing anything..

I can stop at Home Depot anb get LGMH to hand for the lanyards at the DIS meet

Thanks for the info. I at one time had a MR booked months back but had to cancel back in Feb. However I booked either the doubletree or crowne at the port on priceline for $60 so I might try that again since now I am going no doubts cause the cruise is pdinfull!!:yay: I am gonna try and book air tonight cause since I priced it last night it has gone up $200.:scared1: So I better book it cause it's on Southwest and that means free luggage which is great for a cruise. I mean I have one piece with just DH's suit, mine and girls, formal and semi formals. Another with toiletries, shoes and such and 1/2 more of normal clothes. Usually I bring 3 bathing suits each but I think maybe 2 is enough this time. Luckily we just went to WDW in Sept and all our clothes were brand new so one wear makes then still brand new.....:rotfl: So I think this will be the easiest packing I have ever had.

As for the FE.....I too am really ok without since this is so last minute for me. I make everything I give and I actually have somethings I have been making for my Fantasy cruise in Oct. so I could have used them. I really don't mind not doing it, I just love making and creating..:confused3

I have magnets for my door and can make a few MR specific ones. I have a lime green mickey pin with my Dis name on it to pin to my lanyard.

I hope somemore kids my DD's ages join...more fun in the clubs with friends..;)

So tell me what everyones must do's are on the Wonder????

Our tradition is Tea with Alice. We have always done it. Dh goes and does his thing and DD's and I do tea!!

Thanks for the info. I at one time had a MR booked months back but had to cancel back in Feb. However I booked either the doubletree or crowne at the port on priceline for $60 so I might try that again since now I am going no doubts cause the cruise is pdinfull!!:yay: I am gonna try and book air tonight cause since I priced it last night it has gone up $200.:scared1: So I better book it cause it's on Southwest and that means free luggage which is great for a cruise. I mean I have one piece with just DH's suit, mine and girls, formal and semi formals. Another with toiletries, shoes and such and 1/2 more of normal clothes. Usually I bring 3 bathing suits each but I think maybe 2 is enough this time. Luckily we just went to WDW in Sept and all our clothes were brand new so one wear makes then still brand new.....:rotfl: So I think this will be the easiest packing I have ever had.

As for the FE.....I too am really ok without since this is so last minute for me. I make everything I give and I actually have somethings I have been making for my Fantasy cruise in Oct. so I could have used them. I really don't mind not doing it, I just love making and creating..:confused3

I have magnets for my door and can make a few MR specific ones. I have a lime green mickey pin with my Dis name on it to pin to my lanyard.

I hope somemore kids my DD's ages join...more fun in the clubs with friends..;)

So tell me what everyones must do's are on the Wonder????

Our tradition is Tea with Alice. We have always done it. Dh goes and does his thing and DD's and I do tea!!

Counting down the days, this is so exciting!

Ive only been on one Disney Cruise (4 night wonder) and this time round I've been looking for things to do. I came across Tea with alice on another DIS thread and am really Interested.

Can you give me some insight? Also how much is it and would it be weird if two 17 yo and a 20 yo went without any littlies?

Thanks so much :)

I just checked Super Shuttle and it is about $17 per person each way for a shared 9 person van..from LAX to port of san pedro and back..

No its not weird for young adults to go to tea. It doesn't cost anything.you just have to get tickets from customer service for it once on the boat.

As for super shuttle,I called and booked a private mini van for 55 each way. We fly in saturday and are staying at the crowne right at the port. Got a good deal on priceline for 65+ tax. Anyone book any excursions??? I can book now but my ta sent my money in and disney got it today but didn't post it so I can't book anything til monday. Aarrffgg. I am so excited to surprise the kids on xmas with this cruise. decided I can't see the same clothes in pictures so I bought them some new clothes for xmas to take with us. I got the girls formal and semi formal.should get the packages in the mail soon from Macys & jcpenney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter