• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 14, 2012 Eastern Carribbean Cruise

I really hope I don't feel this way on the cruise!!:sick:

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

The last two weeks we've been dealing with the flu and strep. My last two kids are finishing up their antibiotics in the next couple of days.

I'm hoping this just means we're all getting the "sickies" out of the way now.

Elizabeth

I feel your pain! Have had what I believe to be the flu bug since Friday...all I have wanted to do is sleep up to this morning. I feel so much better and wish you a speedy recovery! Maybe we are all getting the bugs out of the way before the cruise?!

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

The last two weeks we've been dealing with the flu and strep. My last two kids are finishing up their antibiotics in the next couple of days.

I'm hoping this just means we're all getting the "sickies" out of the way now.

Elizabeth

I feel your pain! Have had what I believe to be the flu bug since Friday...all I have wanted to do is sleep up to this morning. I feel so much better and wish you a speedy recovery! Maybe we are all getting the bugs out of the way before the cruise?!

Thanks!!
It's moved into my lungs which is a good thing.. That's my sign I'm getting over a sinus infection and I did it without any antibiotics. :thumbsup2

So, just trying to detemine how many FE gifts I will need. Is the final total of 23 staterooms accurate?

So, just trying to detemine how many FE gifts I will need. Is the final total of 23 staterooms accurate?

Sorry I still feel like crap. .. It's getting worse again. :sick: I've been meaning to mention Disnyelf.. Donna and Sean have canceled as well. I think that's all that have dropped out of our group.

Have you done a count of the kids?

Thank you SullyMonster. I was counting all of the rooms listed on the spreadsheet. My mind is reeling from all of the holiday shopping, planning, etc. Thanks for the clarification. So, the total is 12 staterooms. Okay.

Safe to say the FE particpation is closed! I talked to the wife about doing it and she (the crafty one) decided not to, she is not a good packer and always forgets, so adding the FE and Gifts would just be one more thing to forget. Hope you guys have fun doing it though!

I am so excited.. It is getting close! Tory if you can update our cabin, we have 5135. I have never been on a 7-night cruise before. there is always so much to do, and not enough time. I hope this will let us do more.

I have reading the DIS boards a lot, trying to take it all in. But it seems like the Dream has taken over most topics!

Added your room Dawn!

Agree on the posts, most are Dream related. Time for a Magic takeover.

Safe to say the FE particpation is closed! I talked to the wife about doing it and she (the crafty one) decided not to, she is not a good packer and always forgets, so adding the FE and Gifts would just be one more thing to forget. Hope you guys have fun doing it though!

Silly Goose.. Those are the things you pack six weeks ahead of time. Oh wait we're at six weeks. I'm not even close to having them packed! CRUD! !!

Added your room Dawn!

Tory I'm sorry I think my room number is wrong. :( I moved one room up. .. Jen old room. I don't have the number with me but I believe I moved from 18 to 20. Either way I hope to have the magnets on my door so people will know. ;)

Quick question for those of you that have cruised before with children. Do you take any kind of motion sickness meds for them? I think mine *should* be ok as we're boaters and both LOVE all the spinny rides @ carnivals and such, but you never know. SO my questions is if you do take something, what do you take?

Also, I was able pick up a model of the Magic on eBay and am going to use that in the x-mas present. What is cool is it is to scale, so I was able to figure out which balcony would be our room and marked it. Now just need the cruise docs to arrive! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

If your kids do not feel sick on small boats, they should not feel anything on this. However, if the seas are rough, it may be a different story. They sell the patches, I think, at Walmart. People use those a lot. They also have dramamine at the desk in the lobby just in case.

Quick question for those of you that have cruised before with children. Do you take any kind of motion sickness meds for them? I think mine *should* be ok as we're boaters and both LOVE all the spinny rides @ carnivals and such, but you never know. SO my questions is if you do take something, what do you take?

Also, I was able pick up a model of the Magic on eBay and am going to use that in the x-mas present. What is cool is it is to scale, so I was able to figure out which balcony would be our room and marked it. Now just need the cruise docs to arrive! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

My oldest son always took Bonine-worked like a charm. I am not sure if there is an age restriction on that though. Dramamine put him right to sleep.

Anyone CAN feel sick on a ship including the captain depending on the conditions. I tell people to give it 12 hrs for your body to get use to the motion. My father who Never got sick always carried dramamine on a ship just in case. I wouldn't mention it to the kids. Kids have an amazing way of not noticing the feeling but also if they do feel it have them sit down. Fighting the motion can cause you not to feel good. I have more of a problem with land sickness afterward. :laughing:

Anyone CAN feel sick on a ship including the captain depending on the conditions. I tell people to give it 12 hrs for your body to get use to the motion. My father who Never got sick always carried dramamine on a ship just in case. I wouldn't mention it to the kids. Kids have an amazing way of not noticing the feeling but also if they do feel it have them sit down. Fighting the motion can cause you not to feel good. I have more of a problem with land sickness afterward. :laughing:

lol. I know what you mean about land sickness...I rock and roll for a good 4 or 5 days after a cruise. (I took Bonine last time because it was so bad:rotfl:)

We switched from dramamine to bonine...less drowsy after taking it!

On our very first cruise we sailed with another family whose 12 year old son got on board and began sampling every food item in sight. Once he looked out the windows of the dining room and saw the ship moving it was over! Too full of a tummy + motion = one miserable preteen! The bonine might have helped...

Good news is that there is so much to do and see, as well as so many people to meet, that we found it easy to adjust to. I can't wait! Would it be awful if I said I was already packed???

Good news is that there is so much to do and see, as well as so many people to meet, that we found it easy to adjust to. I can't wait! Would it be awful if I said I was already packed???

:) When I put my summer clothes away, I packed the ones I plan to bring on the cruise in my suitcase, so, I guess I am right there with you!:lmao:

I'll probably just run them through the washer and re-pack them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter