January 14, 2010 3 night Wonder

Just "wonder"ing if we have for sure set a meeting time and place??

Hi! If we are not at in the Promenade Lounge at 3pm the first day, it will be because I couldn't get myself out of bed early enough. :rolleyes1

I think we are pretty easy to spot tho...we are both under 5'6"...If you have seen Lord of the Rings- we joke that we look like a Dwarf and an Elf. :rotfl::lmao: Feel free to grab us anytime to say hello! :thumbsup2

OK I know I have read on the dis to fill out cruise documents online and print them out before going to the terminal. Do any of you know which ones specifically??

6 MORE DAYS!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Do you mean which forms to fill out or which ones to print?
You need to fill out all the forms that are listed under your ressie and you need to print the ones they tell you to.

Weather update for the Orlando area today, earlier today there was snow/sleet mixed in with the rain. :scared1:
The high for Wed. and Thurs. should be in the low 60's. A little better, but I missed the low for Wed. night. I'll have to listen to Sirius radio when I go back out this afternoon.

I just wanted to second the bring warm clothes message. It is freezing in Florida right now. I have had to buy more warm clothing so I can make it to campus today. It looks like it will be warming up for the cruise (70 degrees on January 13th) but until then lows in the 20's and 30's and highs in the 40's and 50's, so everyone bring lots of warm clothes.

Only 9 days left. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

From your post it sounds like you go to college down there. If you don't mind me asking which college to you go to? My DD is looking at going to UCF.

From your post it sounds like you go to college down there. If you don't mind me asking which college to you go to? My DD is looking at going to UCF.

I go to UF, but I am from Orlando so a lot of my friends go to UCF, so I know a good deal about the school. Lots of great programs and the school has made huge strides over the past several years. Let me know if she has any questions and I can try to find out. Everyone I know who goes there loves it.

I go to UF, but I am from Orlando so a lot of my friends go to UCF, so I know a good deal about the school. Lots of great programs and the school has made huge strides over the past several years. Let me know if she has any questions and I can try to find out. Everyone I know who goes there loves it.

She's a sophomore this year, so right now we are in the beginning stages of college planning. Right now I guess we are interested in class sizes and general info. We have a house down there so she would be commuting from the WDW area, so I guess parking in the area would be good to know as well.
We'll try to go over there Easter week or in June to look at the campus and the area where it's located, which I'm not exactly sure where the main campus is.
Thanks for your offer.

HEIDIR, if you are out there, could you PM me your stateroom number for the FE? If you can't PM, could you confirm that you are still interested in participating and be sure to let me know your stateroom number before 4:30 on embarkation day? Thanks!

HEIDIR, if you are out there, could you PM me your stateroom number for the FE? If you can't PM, could you confirm that you are still interested in participating and be sure to let me know your stateroom number before 4:30 on embarkation day? Thanks!

Have we gotten HEIDIR's cabin number yet?!?

I've just printed my FE list so they just need to be put together, but I've already sent some of the things down so we'll put them together Wed. night when we get down there since I don't think the parks are open late. Plus DD has to go to the ortho doc in the morning for her foot, she came home last week complaining it hurt and was swollen. The Athletic Trainer and Nurse Tech teacher both told her to see a doc if it wasn't doing better by today, so I had to make the appt. I've already told her I'm not pushing her in a wheelchair around the ship or the parks. So I think she'll be resting her foot Wed. evening and putting together FE gifts would be a good thing to keep her occupied.

Nope, nothing from HEIDIR yet. I made up the lists and will just revise any last minute cabin #s before we pass the final lists out on Thursday.
We have a gift bag for them just in case they are still participating- if not, then perhaps a kind CM will get it? ;-)

We have decided to drive down the night before instead of the day of- hope to book a hotel room tomorrow. :banana:

Safe travels everyone!

Hi all -

We've been down here at WDW since Thursday night, shivering and wearing our down jackets. (Seriously.) The morning of the half marathon it was sleeting/snowing/raining bits of ice -- we usually layer up while we wait in the start corrals, and then strip down to our running gear right before the start. But on Saturday, I kept two fleece jackets and some fleece pants on during the entire race! Sunday was colder, but at least it was dry. Still, we got the races done and feel we have DEFINITELY earned our cruise! We, too, will be easy to spot -- I've managed to do something evil to my left leg and am hobbling around. :)

Anyway, we got an e-mail from our travel agent asking us if we'd like an upgrade from a cat 11 to a cat 8 -- the only catch being that it's an accessible room so has no bathtub. I think we'll survive the tradeoff between natural light and a bathtub. :) So apologies to all for the late notice, but Wil and I are now in stateroom 6000. Hooray!

Really looking forward to setting sail in a couple of days -- safe travels, everyone, and we'll see you on board!

Best,
Sunny (Sunstress)

Hi all -

We've been down here at WDW since Thursday night, shivering and wearing our down jackets. (Seriously.) The morning of the half marathon it was sleeting/snowing/raining bits of ice -- we usually layer up while we wait in the start corrals, and then strip down to our running gear right before the start. But on Saturday, I kept two fleece jackets and some fleece pants on during the entire race! Sunday was colder, but at least it was dry. Still, we got the races done and feel we have DEFINITELY earned our cruise! We, too, will be easy to spot -- I've managed to do something evil to my left leg and am hobbling around. :)

Anyway, we got an e-mail from our travel agent asking us if we'd like an upgrade from a cat 11 to a cat 8 -- the only catch being that it's an accessible room so has no bathtub. I think we'll survive the tradeoff between natural light and a bathtub. :) So apologies to all for the late notice, but Wil and I are now in stateroom 6000. Hooray!

Really looking forward to setting sail in a couple of days -- safe travels, everyone, and we'll see you on board!

Best,
Sunny (Sunstress)

That was a nice message from your TA and the sunlight will be much appreciated by you after the weather you've been in.

This group is going to look like they've all been in an accident with people hobbling around, some in cast and such.
Everyone take it easy and no more injuries before, during or after the cruise.

Nope, nothing from HEIDIR yet. I made up the lists and will just revise any last minute cabin #s before we pass the final lists out on Thursday.
We have a gift bag for them just in case they are still participating- if not, then perhaps a kind CM will get it? ;-)

We have decided to drive down the night before instead of the day of- hope to book a hotel room tomorrow. :banana:

Safe travels everyone!

I can't remember when you said you were passing out the final lists....wait are you passing out a final list or only if there are any revisions?

We were going to do 2 one-way car rentals and then I decided to try Priceline for the rental and got a rate for the entire time for what the 2 one-way's were going to cost. I figure the cost of parking will be worth not having to deal with the car rental places and shuttles.
I can't wait until my car down there will be fixed so we don't have to deal with car rentals when we go down.

Make sure you ask if the hotel has heat, it's supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow night. :eek:

Hi all -

Best,
Sunny (Sunstress)

Congrats on your upgrade! I will update the final list.

I am sorry that you had such rotten weather for your run and that you hurt your leg. I actually broke my foot in HS at Cross Country camp- started out a stress fracture but was too young and silly to stay off of it until it healed and ended up in a cast... :sad2: I think a cruise is exactly what you need now to relax and recover! :thumbsup2

You mentioned fleece pants...My husband got me the fleece Run Don't Walk pants (I prefer Walk Don't Run) for my birthday and I was seriously considering bringing them. Do you think I should?

Plus DD has to go to the ortho doc in the morning for her foot, she came home last week complaining it hurt and was swollen. The Athletic Trainer and Nurse Tech teacher both told her to see a doc if it wasn't doing better by today, so I had to make the appt. I've already told her I'm not pushing her in a wheelchair around the ship or the parks. So I think she'll be resting her foot Wed. evening and putting together FE gifts would be a good thing to keep her occupied.

I was about her age when I broke my foot. If I had stayed off of it instead of continuing to run I would not have ended up in a cast (which made driving a stick shift even more challenging at 16). When I had the cast, I refused to use the crutches and walked on the cast and it never healed correctly. Please tell her that I wish I had listened to everyone (except my coach) back then and stayed off my foot- it still hurts 17 years later if I walk a lot, run at all, or if it is cold. :sad2: So rest up, please! :flower3:

I can't remember when you said you were passing out the final lists....wait are you passing out a final list or only if there are any revisions?

We were going to do 2 one-way car rentals and then I decided to try Priceline for the rental and got a rate for the entire time for what the 2 one-way's were going to cost. I figure the cost of parking will be worth not having to deal with the car rental places and shuttles.
I can't wait until my car down there will be fixed so we don't have to deal with car rentals when we go down.

Make sure you ask if the hotel has heat, it's supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow night. :eek:

I am going send PMs tomorrow before we leave with the latest and greatest info. I am also bringing hard copies to pass out Thursday early evening- even if there are no further updates. When you see a 3 or 4 inch Mickey Head with fish and the words "Family Fun" in red, those are the final FE lists. The participant list will be on the back of the Mickey head.

Ask if they have heat? Do some hotels not have heat? :scared1:

Last minute laundry and cleaning to do today- and packing! We have 3 labs and I need to make sure the house is tidy for the doggysitter that stays with them when we are gone. I can't imagine how I would be with kids- I hate leaving our dogs behind- even with a friend! :rolleyes:

I am going send PMs tomorrow before we leave with the latest and greatest info. I am also bringing hard copies to pass out Thursday early evening- even if there are no further updates. When you see a 3 or 4 inch Mickey Head with fish and the words "Family Fun" in red, those are the final FE lists. The participant list will be on the back of the Mickey head.

Ask if they have heat? Do some hotels not have heat? :scared1:

Last minute laundry and cleaning to do today- and packing! We have 3 labs and I need to make sure the house is tidy for the doggysitter that stays with them when we are gone. I can't imagine how I would be with kids- I hate leaving our dogs behind- even with a friend! :rolleyes:
Some houses down there don't have heat, so I don't expect all hotels to have heat either.

Will be on the lookout for the swimming Mickey head. :rotfl2:

I was about her age when I broke my foot. If I had stayed off of it instead of continuing to run I would not have ended up in a cast (which made driving a stick shift even more challenging at 16). When I had the cast, I refused to use the crutches and walked on the cast and it never healed correctly. Please tell her that I wish I had listened to everyone (except my coach) back then and stayed off my foot- it still hurts 17 years later if I walk a lot, run at all, or if it is cold. :sad2: So rest up, please! :flower3:

It's not so bad THIS time. She has tibial tendonitis, so she has to rest it for the next 4 weeks. I stopped to WalMart to get 2 different braces for her, since she didn't want to walking boot the doc wanted her to have. She's had that for the other foot at one time, so she knows to listen to the docs when it comes to her feet and wrists.
He knows we are going away and told her to take it easy the best she can.

My last class is at 3 and then we will be heading to Orlando. Can't wait to see everyone. The weather looks like its going to be beautiful in the Bahamas. It's going to be a great cruise!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter