January 14, 2010 3 night Wonder

Hi everyone!!! We're back in town after a week away and houseguests the week before that! Ack! I don't feel like I have enough time to pack! I run the 1/2 marathon in one week and I'm on the cruise in 1 1/2 weeks! How lucky am I??????

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!!!

ETA - You'll know us. Ds broke his arm last week while sledding. He'll be the one with the black cast on!!! (Poor kid is SOOOO sad that he can't swim! Hopefully the appointment with the ortho doc next week will give us good news about a new gortex (swimmable) cast!)

Thanks so much for setting all of this up Andee!:thumbsup2 I am so excited!! I was wondering if everyone was interested in giving names in their party??

Looking forward to meeting all of you in a couple weeks!:woohoo::yay:

My kids' names:

Ds13: Samuel
Ds12 (with broken arm): Andrew
Ds 9: William
Dd3: Margaret ("Meg") - she turns 4 on 1/28

Poor kid, hope it heals quickly.
If it makes you feel any better it's going to be 32 tonight and tomorrow night at WDW and last night it was 39. When my brother arrived there this afternoon around 4:00 it was 60. Definately not swimming weather.

DH & DD have the jet ski excursion booked on CC but I'm checking the weather on Sunday and if it's too cool they want me to cancel it for them. This past June it was cancelled on them since it was too windy and all water excursions were cancelled at CC since the vendors couldn't make it to CC.

My party has
Stacie- me
Margaret- Mom
Maggie (also a Margaret LOL) 11 years
Brody, DS 7 (he will be 8 on Jan 22)

I am excited to see everyone. I guess I should attempt a FE to hold everything, If not , I will bring a bag.

As for snow, what is that? LOL here in coastal SC, we do not get snow. I am worried it will be too cold for us to swim on the cruise.

Stacie

I think we have 3 birthdays in the FE group. If I have it right, Ashlynn and Brody will both be 8 this month and Meg will be 4.:flower3:

Jennifer in MI -
Good luck at the 1/2 marathon!:thumbsup2

I am so sorry to hear that your DS broke his arm! I am sure the CMs will do their best to make sure he still has a great time! :wizard:

jilljill-
Hopefully they will be able to jet ski this time. :wizard: Our parasailing was canceled for both stops at CC last August- darn hurricanes...but I was a little relieved because I am a bit afraid of both heights and deep water. :rotfl2:

We ordered wetsuits (shorties) for snorkeling. Mine was back ordered and I am crossing my fingers that it makes it in time. :scared1:

staciepm-
For quick FE, I thought it would be amusing to sew the bottom of a pair of children's swim trunks together or to use a fishing net/net laundry bag...maybe that is just weird. :rotfl:

3 birthdays?!? Wow that is so fun!

Jennifer in MI good luck on the 1/2 marathon! I have made it a goal to do this someday.

To all of you who have not made your FE yet, I did the no sew route and got it done in one afternoon. It really wasn't bad.

Can't wait for this trip!!:cool1:

hi. I am new to this..
a few questions..

is it going to be too cold to swim even on board? or can you still swim on board.. and what about CC?

what is everyone packing? like spring or fall stuff?

thanks!!!

I think we have 3 birthdays in the FE group. If I have it right, Ashlynn and Brody will both be 8 this month and Meg will be 4.:flower3:

Jennifer in MI -
Good luck at the 1/2 marathon!:thumbsup2

I am so sorry to hear that your DS broke his arm! I am sure the CMs will do their best to make sure he still has a great time! :wizard:

jilljill-
Hopefully they will be able to jet ski this time. :wizard: Our parasailing was canceled for both stops at CC last August- darn hurricanes...but I was a little relieved because I am a bit afraid of both heights and deep water. :rotfl2

Thanks for the good luck on the half!!! I'm SO psyched!!!

We ordered a cover for the cast and it hasn't arrived yet! Ack! We leave tomorrow (we're spending the week at Disney before the cruise).

Last time we were at CC I promised our ds 13 that I'd parasail with him. I was SOOOOOO scared!! It was cancelled due to winds. I have never been so relieved!!! :rotfl: He won't let me out ofit this time!

3 birthdays?!? Wow that is so fun!

Jennifer in MI good luck on the 1/2 marathon! I have made it a goal to do this someday.

Thanks!!!! I can't wait! And, you CAN do it!!!!! Find a plan and stick to it. As much as I want to run Disney next year, training in the winter has been really hard!! But, I'm ready and can't WAIT for the race!!!!

hi. I am new to this..
a few questions..

is it going to be too cold to swim even on board? or can you still swim on board.. and what about CC?

what is everyone packing? like spring or fall stuff?

thanks!!!

Last year when we sailed in Jan, it was chilly a few days. The pools are heated and my kids still got in them! And, the hot tubs are wonderful! CC was 70 or 75 and the water was WAY too cold for me. But, my boys got in.

I've just finished packing. We packed 2 pr pants, 2 pr. shorts, and any number of short sleeved shirts that match everything. We've also each got a light jacket and a sweatshirt just in case.

I figure, even if it's cold in FL/Bahamas, it'll be MUCH warmer that it is here in MI right now!!!

I just checked Nassau's weather and DH & DD told me to cancel their jetski excursion on CC. The low's are going to be in the low to mid 60's all thru next week and not too many days will be higher than 70 so they said cancel it. Plus to factor in the wind and bad seas that's been out there recently and they said the water will be too cold.

I sent our suitcases down with my brother with spring weather clothes, but I will have to add in a sweatshirt for each of us when we get down to the house since I didn't pack them. Good thing we keep clothes for all temps down there.

PS Are we meeting anywhere on the boarding day? I want to get it in my itinerary and we leave tomorrow!!!

I think Splashmountainmaniac suggested 3pm in the Promenade Lounge the first day but I don't think anything was decided.

We are driving down the morning of the cruise and even tho DH says he wants to leave here at 4 or 5am to get there before noon...and I am really excited about going...well, I am just not sure what time he will actually be able to get me moving. :rolleyes1

Have a safe trip tomorrow!

Jennifer get those long johns packed. It's supposed to be 29 down there tonight and today it got all the way up to 48. It's supposed to go all the way up to 60 by Friday and then a cold front is moving back in that's bringing rain. Gotta love and hate Sirius traffic and weather for Orlando/Tampa. Plus my brother is down there right now and he says it's just plain raw at night, a different type of cold than we get in DE since it's more humid down there.

another quick question and also thanks for all the answers..

how dress up are you guys going to befor dress up night? like coctail dress or suit??? what about the kids?

thanks!! is my first time cruising!!

another quick question and also thanks for all the answers..

how dress up are you guys going to befor dress up night? like coctail dress or suit??? what about the kids?

thanks!! is my first time cruising!!

Seems like everyone is a little different when it comes to dressing up on a vacation. We are planning to be a bit more casual this time. I plan to leave all sparkly shoes and fancy dresses at home. So for optional dress up night I will probably wear a casual skirt or casual/sun dress. My husband really hates to wear ties and so will likely wear slacks and a button up shirt (no tie). The rest of the trip he will probably wear his hi-tech fly fishing clothes...I think he has more clothes than I do. :rotfl:

Every night DD & I will wear capris or jeans, DH will wear polos with jeans or docker type pants. You hardly see anyone in a tie let alone a suit on the 3 day cruise - it's even more casual than the 4 day cruise.
Given the weather forecast, sweats sound even better to me. :rotfl2: :lmao:

I just checked DCL's website and the only category available is cat. 9, looks like it will be a full ship.

I just wanted to second the bring warm clothes message. It is freezing in Florida right now. I have had to buy more warm clothing so I can make it to campus today. It looks like it will be warming up for the cruise (70 degrees on January 13th) but until then lows in the 20's and 30's and highs in the 40's and 50's, so everyone bring lots of warm clothes.

Only 9 days left. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Late to the party, but we're on this cruise too! :cheer2:

It will be:
Me, Husband, kids: Caeden 8, Callista, turning 4 on 1/22, and Carys turning ONE on 1/16! and my parents.

We've informed DCL that the baby is celebrating her 1st bday on the cruise, so hopefully they'll acknowledge her in some fun way.

I'm too late for the FE game, but I doubt I'd be able to get it together for that anyway...packing for 5 is about all I can handle right now.

We're flying down on the 13th, staying at the Hyatt, getting a rental mini-van and parking. After the cruise, we're staying at OKW (we own DVC) from Sunday-Thurs.

Can't wait!!

Hi everyone,

While we are stuck home with a snow day, all I can think of is getting out of here!!:cool1: We have quite a bit of snow and it is expected to start blowing this afternoon.

Just "wonder"ing if we have for sure set a meeting time and place??

ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT!!!!!:thumbsup2:cool1::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter