January 11, 2004 4-day Wonder

Steph5324

Mouseketeer
Who's going to be on board? My boyfriend and I are doing the 7 day land and sea. We're on deck 6, 6048 I believe. Neither Brian nor I has cruised before and we can't wait. I'm 29, he's 28. We're from Wisconsin.

Our travel agent gave us early seating and we had him change it to late seating but now I'm questioning that. I've heard good arguments for either one. We chose late so we'd have time to relax a bit after activities and before having to get dressed for dinner but some people say you're better off eating early so you can take advantage of the late night buffets. I'm afraid if I eat early and stuff myself silly then I'll be too sleepy to go out to the clubs after dinner.

Who else is cruising?

This is like the 4th time I tried to start a post!!!

I've been on DCL 2xs before, and once on Carnival. I only took my DD once and had the main seating. The other times were with friends and had the late. I'm 28 single, and my friends and I prefered the late. Even if we were back on board early, we could nap and take our time getting ready. the only thing is with the late, you go to the shows first then dinner and done by 10ish.

Let me know if you have any more ?s

And if the DD lets me have some grownup time and you see a loney chic, don't just say look at the dork, i could use some company!!

Reading this post made me laugh. I am also 28. I think it is so interesting that we are all the same age and will be on the same cruise and our backrounds seem so different (at least on the surface) This is our 1st cruise and it's to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I think the 3 of us should get together for a drink while onboard.
My son seems to be making a new friend on this vacation already, mabey I will too.

:Pinkbounc

It would be fun to get together. I have a three year old son but he's not traveling with us. When I was married my husband and I celebrated our fifth anniversary at WDW and people thought we were nuts to leave our kid behind while we went to visit Mickey. I'm doing the same thing again! My son isn't potty trained yet so he couldn't get into the kids clubs so that's a consideration. Plus, this is kind of a romantic trip for my new boyfriend and I so while considered bringing my son we decided against it. You both have early seating, right?

It would be great for us all to meet for a drink. Don't you think its kinda wierd that we're the only ones responding to this date and we are all the same age!!

We have early seating, how about you Sarah?
Alyssa is very happy she is gonna know someone on board!
We definitely have to plan a meeting time/place.
You have my email, keep in touch.

Steph, this first Disney Cruise I went on was without my dd. We had a blast. I just brought her alot of presents back to make up for it!

I just paid off the balance today!!!
I can't wait!!

We have early seating too. Michael is very excited about meeting Alyssa. Sorry he hasn't written back. He is going to do it tonight as soon as he finishes loading the dishes.

What shore excursions are you guys doing?

Steph, I saw on another post you are looking for jewelry. Anything in particular? I asked for a Hidalgo ring for our anniversary. We decided to look for one in Nassau.

I hope we find some other people who will be on our cruise. I'm looking for anybody who is deaf that will be on board. My Mom's boyfriend is bringing his neice and nephew. His nephew is deaf and it would be nice if there is another teen he could hang with. He tends to spend most of the time with his younger sister, but she will be in the lab.

I'm not looking for anything in particular for jewelry. I've always wanted a pearl pendant. I like multi-colored pieces (different gemstones) set in silver. My son's birthstone is emerald so it would be nice to get a bracelet or pendant with emeralds in it.

I was thinking it would be nice to get something a bit more permanent to commemorate the cruise than a T-shirt or beach towel.

The only excursion we're doing is the sting ray thing at Nassau. Or at least we plan to. I haven't booked it yet. Not sure how. My TA hasn't been very helpful. I've never used a TA before but my life is crazy right now (I'm going through a divorce) so I thought I'd just turn it over to someone else to handle but it really hasn't saved me any time and it probably has actually cost me more money. What excursions are you guys doing?

What are you planning for after dinner? We want to hit the 80s night for sure. Can you guys do that since you'll have your kids along?

I plan on seeing the shows after dinner and checking out the clubs. I would love to do 80's night. The night of the 13th I
CAN NOT ditch the husband, since that is our anniversary.

Thought I'd bump this back up to the top and see if anyone else has joined us yet or if the ship will be empty except for the three of us and our guests!

I can't believe no one else has replied!!! There are posts for next October, almost a year away and over 200 people have replied!! There really is a cruise scheduled for those dates, right? Well I guess we will all know each other. Can't wait, little over a month away!!!!!!!!!!!

We are disney-cruise virgins, and are cruising with our 6 year old son, 3 year old daughter and 12 year old niece on the Wonder for january 11, 2004. Would love any tips for first-timers....suggestions on shore excursions with little ones, stuff we shouldn't miss on the ship (my 3 year old is into the Disney princesses, and my son still loves Buzz Lightyear, and any computer related activities) would be much appreciated. thanks!

Dr. Mama
San Diego, CA

I also find it strange that there are many cruises from much later in 2004 that have a huge number of posts. I know it won't be just 50 people or so on board, but I wonder if it is somewhat slower during this time since most kids have just had a bunch of time off for Christmas/New Years.
Anyway, it seems that it is likely we will all meet on board....

To all the (few) January 11 cruisers: T minus 9 days !!!!
Pack your stuff and check it twice...
Our kids (DDs 9 and almost 8; DSs 6 and 5) haven't even gone back to school yet and are counting the minutes until next Friday, when we leave for Orlando. This is our first cruise ever; so they have watched the cruise video over and over. Our daughters are negotiating to have the power to roam the ship freely; we'll see...

See all of you there!

The Kagers

Hello Kagers! I see you already found this thread. Welcome to our tiny little group.

Last night I had a minor panic when I couldn't find my swimming suit. I recently moved and thought I lost it somehow but it turns out I was using it along with some nighties and pantyhose as packing materials around my vases and other breakables. :p

I took one of the Bonine tablets I bought last night. I learned on this board to take one before you leave in case you're allergic or have a bad reaction you know that ahead of time. I didn't notice any bad side effects at all so that's a good thing.

Hello everyone. I am new to the board, and wanted to add my name to the list of people traveling on the January 11th cruise. Traveling with me will be my mother and my daughter (who is nearly 12). DH will be traveling on business that week, so we'll have to have fun without him. Any other 9-13 year old girls traveling that week? My daughter is looking for pals.

We will be onboard. It is my wife and I, 2 daughters (almost 10 and 8), 2 sons (5 and 6 1/2), and my wife's parents. My girls cannot wait to see who they can hang out with...

We are very close to each other on this post already, it seems that we are the only ones going on the 1/11th cruise. We will all be given the royal treatment. My daughter is 9, and really looking to make friends. I believe all but steph on this post has a daughter or son around 9-11 years of age.

I'm a single mom traveling alone with dd and definitely looking for her to be comfortable enough with the club to spend at least alittle amount of time so I can have a massage and some drinks at night!

My DD would surely email you DD, she is already penpals with Disney Sarah's son, 9.

Can't wait everyone, should be great!!!

JrTink--Do you want to let me know your cabin number or something so we can try to hook up for drinks? Brian and I don't have any set plans for nighttime but we'll probably go for drinks a couple of the nights and you could join us assuming your daughter is okay in the club. But you have early seating, right? We wouldn't be going until after our late dinner. We're in 6638.

Thanks to both the Kagers and Jrtinkerbell for making us feel welcome. My daughter would love to email yours -- shall I email you both privately?
Thanks,
Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter