JANUARY 10, 2013 Wonder Fish Extender Exchange FE Group & Sign Up

NeverlandCrew

Trying Our Best to Never Grow Up
Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange for the January 10th 4 Night Wonder Bahama Cruise!

For those who are new to this idea, a Fish Extender (FE) itself is a pocket organizer/bag you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. Passengers that join the FE group hang their Fish Extender outside their cabin and then, as the cruise is underway, participants deliver little gifts to the others participating in the group by leaving them as a surprise in the fish extender pockets.... Sweet!! Who doesn't love presents!? It's a ton of fun, and NOT just for kids. The only rules are that you must sign up on this thread prior to DECEMBER 21st to give participants time to plan and shop, and that if you sign up please give not just receive. :flower3:

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it)
-- First names of those participating, INCLUDE ages (of kids) and gender
-- Any special cruise celebrations, food allergies, :cheer2:

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" etc.

**As families join, I will continue to update the master list of our group on the next entry below.**

As far as the gifts... you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. It is the thought that counts. There are no hardcore rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Gifts can be homemade or storebought, Disney, or non-Disney. It is totally up to you---so have fun!

Here are a couple of nice threads on the subject:

Fish Extenders:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Homemade FE Gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post!! I can't wait to see our group grow!

Link to the January 10th Wonder Cruise "MeetUp" Discussion Board
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2997297

MASTER LIST:

Cabin #6540
Natalie (mom), Jeff (dad), Ben (10), Gabe (8)

CoconutCuties (Cabin #2010 & 2012)
Grandma, Papa, Tatiana-girl (8),and Teihani-girl (6)
Mom-(that's me, Jaime), Dad (Matthew), Matt Matt-boy (3), Kamiko-girl (1)

Discorsner (Cabin 8574)
Deb (adult), Bryce (adult), Derek (12), Nicholas (9)

dlg210 (Cabin 6568)
Linette (Mom)
Robert (Dad)
Zymara (10) girl
Melania (6) girl

IndyCarol (Cabin 10634)
Fred and Carol

NormaJean826 (cabin 2068)
guillermo dad
sherri mom
cristian son (8 years) **please no candy as cristian is diabetic

Annmarie3 (Cabin 8596)
Ann Marie (46) and Gary-(48) We will be Honeymooning!! Our favorite character is Stitch

We're definitely in!!! We're 1st timers and want to make sure we get the whole disney experience. I'm not sure which cabins we're in just yet as our cruise is our Christmas gift from Grandma and Papa. I'll update as soon as I'm sure.

CoconutCuties
In cabin "1": Grandma, Papa, Tatiana-girl (8),and Teihani-girl (6)
In cabin"2": Mom-(that's me, Jaime), Dad (Matthew), Matt Matt-boy (3), Kamiko-girl (1)
Thanks for starting this thread Natalie and for linking all the great info!

Please add us on:

disboard name is discorsner
Deb (adult), Bryce (adult), Derek (12), Nicholas (9)
cabin # 8574

We have two other families traveling with us that I need to check if they want to participate. I will post back about them if they do.

Ok I did start the group. I titled it "Disney Wonder January 10th, 2013 Group"
I did it as a closed group which means only members of the group can see and read the posts on that page.

I think you have to search for the group and then ask to join maybe. Not sure exactly. I know when someone started one for our last group it was very handy to be able to check things out on disboards but also have notifications on facebook.

Hope to see some fellow cruisers join the group. :)

Discorsner,
Added you to the Master List! :cool1:
Any chance you could post a link to the Facebook Group? It is not coming up on any of my searches. Anxious to talk with you as I have boys about your age and would love for them to meet up!

Hi everyone
please add me to the fe list
this is my 6th cruise and have enjoyed it each time

cabin 2068
guillermo dad
sherri mom
cristian son (8 years)

please no candy as cristian is diabetic
thanks for understanding

Well, I finally have time to post our cabin #'s after a week of the sickies in our house. :sick: We have 2 cabins:
Grandma, Papa, Tatiana and Teihani are in #2010
Me, Hubby, Matt Matt and Kamiko are in #2012

I'm so excited for this!!! I can't wait!

NeverlandCrew said:
Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange for the January 10th 4 Night Wonder Bahama Cruise!

For those who are new to this idea, a Fish Extender (FE) itself is a pocket organizer/bag you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. Passengers that join the FE group hang their Fish Extender outside their cabin and then, as the cruise is underway, participants deliver little gifts to the others participating in the group by leaving them as a surprise in the fish extender pockets.... Sweet!! Who doesn't love presents!? It's a ton of fun, and NOT just for kids. The only rules are that you must sign up on this thread prior to DECEMBER 21st to give participants time to plan and shop, and that if you sign up please give not just receive. :flower3:

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it)
-- First names of those participating, INCLUDE ages (of kids) and gender
-- Any special cruise celebrations, food allergies, :cheer2:

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" etc.

**As families join, I will continue to update the master list of our group on the next entry below.**

As far as the gifts... you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. It is the thought that counts. There are no hardcore rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Gifts can be homemade or storebought, Disney, or non-Disney. It is totally up to you---so have fun!

Here are a couple of nice threads on the subject:

Fish Extenders:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Homemade FE Gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post!! I can't wait to see our group grow!

Link to the January 10th Wonder Cruise "MeetUp" Discussion Board
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2997297

Please add us to the FE group

Annmarie 3. Ann Marie (46) and Gary-(48) We will be Honeymooning!!

We are in cabin 8596

Our favorite character is Stitch

Annemarie3 --you are added!

Hopefully we can get a few more cabins before the December deadline!

This sounds like alot of fun! We are booked for our very first cruise and I think this sounds like something my girls would love to do.
I have a question first. How many people have signed up. About how many items would I need to make. I am trying to see if it is something I will have to do since Christmas is right around the corner.

Join us! We only have 6 cabins and 21 people right now. Cut off is coming up soon to give everyone time to plan around the holidays.
I know some choose to give a small gift to each person and some just do one larger gift per cabin. You can do it! :cool1:
Just send me you details (cabin #, cruisers, etc) and I will add you to the list.

Hi everyone. Just checking in. The other people in our party are not interested in fe but my family is still going to do it. I think you already have us down.

I still have that facebook page up and running but can't figure out how to link it here so you can join it. Right now it is just me and my husband on it I think.

I think that one way is that you might be able to look it up on facebook and then request to join the group?

If you want to at least give a try the name of it is "Disney Wonder January 10th, 2013 Group"

I've tried locating the FB page several times and can't do so :confused3
I'm not sure how to post links either, but perhaps someone else knows.

Hi everyone. Just checking in. The other people in our party are not interested in fe but my family is still going to do it. I think you already have us down.

I still have that facebook page up and running but can't figure out how to link it here so you can join it. Right now it is just me and my husband on it I think.

I think that one way is that you might be able to look it up on facebook and then request to join the group?

If you want to at least give a try the name of it is "Disney Wonder January 10th, 2013 Group"

I cant get on the facebook page either
does anyone know if this cruise is fully booked not to many people on our link

There don't seem to be many on this forum on this cruise. :confused3 Yet, the DCL reps told me that the cruise was 75% booked when I checked last month but that could have been just talk. ???
Hope there are some kids for mine to play with on this cruise, and that we get a few more participants in the FE before next week's deadline!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter