• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jansen Family Trip Part Two (Long)

DJBounce

DIS Veteran
This part will focus mainly on the first four days at the parks, we hit them all in these days and my wife transformed into an EnduroRacerMom. Let me give you some background first....When we first decided to take this trip, we agreed that we would take it slow and easy so that the kids (first trip for them) could set the pace. Of course when you give a DisneyNut like my wife an inch of Disney Magic, she takes the whole dang mile. My wife and I are not very active people (something we need to work on I know) but she was able to sprint up the Monorail ramp at the TTC pushing our 4yo Zach in a stroller. I knew on this first day at the parks, I WAS IN TROUBLE.
It was EE at MK that day and I do have to admit, it was worth it. We got to ride nine rides by 9:30am....Dumbo, Pooh(twice), Snow White, Peter Pan, the Carosel, Buzz Lightyear(twice), Speedway, and Tea Cups(I passed on this one). We stayed on to ride other rides such as Splash Mt. twice in a row, and headed over to BTM, but it was down for the time being. After lunch at Casey's we headed off to Epcot and spent the majority of time in Future World. After riding TT, we headed over to WS, where our kids got thoroughly bored so we headed out for the day. Tuesday we started off at AK and rode all that we wanted to except Kali, we fast passed it and it went down as we got to the front. It was down for quite awhile so we moved on. We spent some time at the campsite and my DW went to the pool with the boys while I stayed behind with a snoozin' and snorin' 5 yo Tiffani. Ate a late lunch at the camsite and went to MK that evening for more fun. Wednesday strted off with EE at Disney MGM Studios. Rock N Roller Coaster was not comleted when we were here last time so that was the first thing to do. My 4 and 5 yo were too short so I volunteered to stay out while the others rode it. They came back and I got to go on...IT WAS AWESOME!!! I went again and then headed over to TOT. After that it was almost time for the park to open so we took the Backlot Catastrophe Canyon Tour. AFter that came Doug Live, Bear in the Big Blue House, and finally Hunchback of Notre Dame. I was concerned that my kids would be bored with Hunchback, but they sat there with wide open eyes the whole time. For anyone out there who has not seen it...do it. Hunchback is the best show that I have seen at WDW, any park, any time. The actors that perform Clopin and Quasimoto are extremely talented! Thursday was EE at MK again so we went again and hit up all the rides we could...Space Maountain was still down so we couldn't ride it..again. Bummer. That evening we took the boys to Cub's Den at WL so we could have an Almost Adult Night Out..we still had Tiffani with, because they would not be able to take her due to her Cerebal Palsey. We went to WS and ate at Chefs de France..it was an incredible meal. Great Food, impecable service, wonderful atmosphere. After dinner we walked around WS to the different PAvillions and ended up watching Illuminations Reflections of Earth while eating Beavertails...YUM. Stay tuned for the final chapter of the Jansen Family Trip Part Three:All Good Things Must Come To an End.

DrewJ
Roughly the size of a barge

RnR.....how was it ..... :D

Pumba.jpg

Sounds like you guys had a great day. I'm glad the kids enjoyed Hunchback. Its always nice when they are happy isnt it :)

hipgrl1.gif
iluvchat.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies

Another Hunchback show lover here. A fun filled time is being had by all. Thanks for posting!

Daughter was five when we first took her to WDW. We were amazed at how she loved the shows. And she stilldoes! Great report, thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter