• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Janice's Crew Celebrate at The World - Day 8

Janice

Super Shopper
‘Around the World in ?? Days’

Me – (46) and planner of this holiday of a lifetime.
Chris – (45) my dear husband who puts up with me.
James – (22) our son who has never been to Florida.
Emma – (21) James' Girlfriend and known lovingly as Emmylou.
Katie – (19) our daughter, also lovingly known as Starlett.
Ian – (23) Katie’s Fiancé – been before when much younger.

DAY 8 – EPCOT

We were up and about by 7-30, and had a quick breakfast in the villa so that we could get straight to Epcot. I could not wait. After all the months of planning and working on itineraries and logging on to these boards, I was going to see the transformation of Spaceship Earth – and I could not wait. We made the short journey and arrived at about 8.45 am. We were parked right near the entrance – we did not even need to get the transportation! After walking through the new entrance area where all the Legacies are, we quickly secured our locker and then made our way straight on to Spaceship Earth – NO WAIT. I like this and had raved about this over the years to James and he was not disappointed. They all enjoyed the ride and marvelled at the size of the ‘Golf Ball’. We enjoyed some strolling entertainers, namely The Jammitors, who we thought were great fun, and made our way to Test Track. Now, the line was something like 45 minutes and the Fastpass was for 10-30 to 11-30. I remembered reading on the boards about the single line, so checked it out and we decided to do this. We were all on within 8 minutes (yes, I timed it) and we were 2 to a car! Now, in my own humble opinion, I thought this was good, but not that good. We had cheated a bit I suppose – before we went to the single line, we all got a fastpass, so that we could come back and do it again, but to be honest with you, we did not bother. I don’t know what we had been expecting, but after all the hype, I must admit, I was a little disappointed. I think after reading about the long waits of sometimes up to 2 hours, I was expecting a bit too much.

We made our way from there across Millennium Central to The Living Seas, which we all enjoyed and then went straight into The Land. Again, we were all fascinated by the attraction Living with The Land – even the lads! The Circle of Life theatre seems to me to be a bit on the large size for this presentation, but informative never the less. We now had a break for some lunch but decided against The Garden Grill as we had not made a booking and we wanted to not take up too much time. So, yet another Pizza and Burger meal, with the inevitable Fries (back to Slimming World straight after the holidays, I can tell you!) soda and coffee.

We now paid a visit to Imagination where we all went on Journey into your Imagination. Has this changed in the last couple of years? I did not seem to enjoy it as much as I did before, but maybe it is something you would not do more than once? Then, Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Well, I had forgotten about a couple of bits of this show and really enjoyed the shock of it all again. We all thought this was fun.

Now it was time to move into World Showcase – Chris’ favourite. First port of call, Canada. I was determined to try Beaver Tails. I had heard so much about these on the boards that I had to try them for myself. Well, Katie and Chris shared a Chocolate one, and Ian and I shared a Strawberry and Cream one. Delicious! James and Emma declined – which is unlike Emmylou as she is your original Choc’o’holic. Emma will make a bee line for desserts, before dinner even, just to make sure she gets her pudding!! We all, except for Chris, went in to see O Canada, which I really enjoyed, and I know that one day, I will get to visit friends in Canada, especially after seeing this film. Whilst we were inside, Chris was busy taking some video of the grounds and also catching the end of one of the shows by Off Kilter!

We met up outside and then went on to the UK. Here we bumped into Mary Poppins and Peter Pan, and we dutifully gained their autographs for Amy (our niece). We were also lucky to catch the whole performance by The British Invasion (A Beatles Soundalike Group), which was really good. The atmosphere was very laid back and everyone in general seemed to be having a good relaxing time. The buzz of the forthcoming New Years Eve was very prominent and you could sense the build up.

We were really surprised when we looked at the time to notice that it was about 6 and the crowds were beginning to gather for Tapestry of Nations. When we worked it out, we had spent about 1 ½ hours each in Canada and UK alone. We were never going to get round the world tonight!

Well, we were standing just by the door to the Rose and Crown, enjoying a well deserved beverage, when the aroma hit us – Fish & Chips! We walked around and found a really good spot just on the bridge, to watch the parade – there was hardly any crowds – and whilst we waited, sampled Harry Ramsdens ala Epcot. Wonderful. I can honestly say that they were most definitely as good as you get back here at home. Just a dash of salt and vinegar – perfect!

We had just finished when the parade started and it was just as well, because we were absolutely amazed by this magnificent show. And it is just like a moving show. The walkers and drummers are amazing. The puppeteers so clever. The colours dazzle you and I defy anyone not to feel the emotion that this event evokes. The music is brilliant and when you hear it, you cannot help but be swept along with the rhythm and you will – I guarantee – humm this tune on the way out of the park. Once again we were all in total agreement about Tapestry of Nations. This was a highlight of the entire holiday – so much so, that we went back twice more to see it! When the parade was over, we followed over the bridge and made a quick visit to France but by now the temperature had dropped considerably and we knew we had a long day ahead of us tomorrow so a joint decision was made to make our way home and come back next week, to see the new Illuminations and visit the rest of the world.

We walked back to the car, having a quick look at the Leave a Legacy information and picked up some bread and provisions along the way home and had supper at home before tucking up for the night. Exhausted but still humming that tune!

A marvellous day and certainly one to remember.

Have to agree with you about Test Track. We did it once, but I'd only do it again if the wait was ten minutes or less.

Tapestry of Nations just took our breath away when we first saw it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter