Jan. trip goers....look at weather....a bit cold this next week.

edk35

DIS Veteran
These temps are colder than when we went 2 Jan. ago. Plan accordingly. When we went 2 years ago...we had a couple of days in the low 80's. Look like pretty nippy nights. Of course aI prefer the cooler/colder temps to the blazing 90's of July. LOL

Accuweather says hi 60s low 70s but it changes. It will feel warm to me considering the weather we've had here this week. Have a GREAT trip.

I agree, we leave tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to leaving 20 degree weather behind (we live in NYC) for some 60s spring-like weather. Bring it on!

We went in September last year (for our honeymoon) and it was just too hot for me - I got a heat rash near the end of our trip and was pretty miserable by 3pm every day - even with a break to swim. Ugh! I can't wait for jacket touring weather around the parks. :cool1:

Leaving next Tuesday.. 65 to 70 degrees - with no winds - would be fine with me..:thumbsup2

OH I agree those temps are much warmer than here in MD too..but don't go thinking you can wear shorts day and night. It does get pretty nippy at night and early mornings in the world in Jan. even our Nov. trips got cold a few nights. I remember needing gloves one night in EC Just pack accordingly. :)

DH is rolling his eyes watching me pack for our trip starting FRIDAY!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: He said that he doesnt think that we will need ALL those clothes. . . Well. . .we are driving so I can take as many bags as needed. . . (I pack the Tahoe Thursday night cause he won't be home til maybe 8pm):cool1:

DH is rolling his eyes watching me pack for our trip starting FRIDAY!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: He said that he doesnt think that we will need ALL those clothes. . . Well. . .we are driving so I can take as many bags as needed. . . (I pack the Tahoe Thursday night cause he won't be home til maybe 8pm):cool1:

LOL ~~ We leave friday too!!!! Whoo Hoo OH and tell your DH I'm packing now ;) too!!!

We leave next Monday and I keep reading conflicting reports for rain. The weather of course if the same on all sites, but some sites show rain, some show possibility of rain and some show no rain. DH keeps telling to quit looking that it always changes!

Those temps look great to me! As long as it isn't raining and we can get away from this biting air here in Chicago, I am fine.

I am soooo tired of battling my 5YO DD to keep her coat zipped up. Until June of this year, we had lived in NC since she was born. We were able to get away with wearing long sleeved shirts and a light jacket most of the year. Can't do that in Chicago. I grew up in northern PA and my DH grew up in Chicago, so we're used to it, but she hates it! :headache: It will be nice to have a break from the struggle.

We leave here Friday!! Just 3 more days!!! :yay:

Our first Nov. trip ...we drove. I did the same thing. I took a huge duffle full of COLD weather type clothes. I kept it in the van just in case. We did end up getting gloves and the kids sweats out of there. With each trip I try and pack less and less because I can overpack too....especially going during the winter or late fall.

Shhhh...don't curse it, I'm still holding out hope that the weather will go back to the high 70's low 80's. This cold front just has to pass. ;)

We leave Friday, too, and I have also started packing!! I am packing our van after the kids got o bed Thursday night. We haven't told them yet that we're going. We won't tell them we're going anywhere until we're on the road. In fact, I'm going to lie to my son Friday morning and tell him the school called and cancelled all classes for the day and we will be going for a drive! We will be in FL Saturday evening, because we will do a stop in Nashville to see my dad.

Come on Friday!!! :cheer2:

We leave Friday, too, and I have also started packing!! I am packing our van after the kids got o bed Thursday night. We haven't told them yet that we're going. We won't tell them we're going anywhere until we're on the road. In fact, I'm going to lie to my son Friday morning and tell him the school called and cancelled all classes for the day and we will be going for a drive! We will be in FL Saturday evening, because we will do a stop in Nashville to see my dad.

Come on Friday!!! :cheer2:

Do they know they are going on a trip at all? Our youngest thinks we are going to that new indoor water park in VA. We had originally planned to do that this exact time frame but then a couple of months ago...we decided on WDW. My older two know where we are going.

Do they know they are going on a trip at all? Our youngest thinks we are going to that new indoor water park in VA. We had originally planned to do that this exact time frame but then a couple of months ago...we decided on WDW. My older two know where we are going.

At this point, no, they have no idea we are going anywhere. All of my son's teachers and my DD's pre-scool teacher know we are going. DS' basketball coach knows, too. I have made it clear to all of them that they don't know and I want to keep it that way.

I need to be careful, though. I have almost spilled it myself several times. :rolleyes1

Same here....the teacher knows and I even gave the doctor a note today...to let her know where we are going and that we are flying. So she never mentioned a thing in front of him. LOL I wanted to surprise my older two too..but my dd heard me on the phone to SW and my son saw my planner at the orthodontist in Dec. when I was scheduling his next appt. So I told them. I love surprises and a Disney surprise is the VERY BEST.

OH I agree those temps are much warmer than here in MD too..but don't go thinking you can wear shorts day and night. It does get pretty nippy at night and early mornings in the world in Jan. even our Nov. trips got cold a few nights. I remember needing gloves one night in EC Just pack accordingly. :)

Where in Maryland are you from. We are going down on Friday from BWI but we live in Salisbury.

Where in Maryland are you from. We are going down on Friday from BWI but we live in Salisbury.

We live in Severn...actually about 10 min. to the airport in good traffic. Not far at all. Our flight leaves at 2:00 on SW on Thursday.. So we will arrive at 4:20. Can't wait. How long are you there for? We return home Wed. night about 8 on the 31st.

I would love 60 degree weather where I am. I'm looking out my back door to a patio of ice! :)

Enjoy your trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter