JAN or FEB

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
with everything going on and our schedules it looks like we are restricted to either Jan or Feb 2021. which of these two months would be the better as far as crowds, ride refurbs. i assume weather will be pretty similar. TIA

Really hard to tell since so many people will be rescheduling trips.

We went 1/31-2/6 this year and had comfortable weather (just 1 rainy day), day temperatures ranged 65-80. It seemed that our trip was before the big February crowds hit. Very manageable. I would go during that week again.

We have also been MLK weekend a few times and the first week of January a few times. I loved the first week of February. Lower crowds than both of those other times.

Again, with so many trips being rescheduled though, hard to predict what crowds will be like.

Not sure about ride refurbs for next year, but Test Track, Muppet Vision and Splash were down when we were there.

with everything going on and our schedules it looks like we are restricted to either Jan or Feb 2021. which of these two months would be the better as far as crowds, ride refurbs. i assume weather will be pretty similar. TIA
In previous years we have found January to be quieter but also cooler/colder.
February is warmer but crowds start to pick up especially toward the end of the month (with spring breaks starting up late feb and March.

...Now 2021 could be totally different, crowd wise anyway.
As someone noted above, lots of cancelled vacations this year being pushed into 2021.

I think for 2021 it's going to be basically impossible to compare previous years. Kind of like when GE opened or Rise of the Resistance opened. It was hard to compare previous years and apply it to figure out crowds, etc.

Who knows how many people are pushing their trip to early-mid-late 2021. Who knows what, if any, restrictions will be in place in early 2021 and that'll have people keep delaying.

But, having said all that, both months can be quite busy actually. MLK and marathon weekends will make it pretty busy, Feb you have a lot of cheer competitions (who knows if they'll take place in Feb 2021) that create a boost in the crowds.

We were there first week of Jan this year. We were surprised at how mild the weather was. Had a good day at MK and GE. We ate outside at CBR in the pool bar. We enjoyed the Skyliner. Hung at the pool at FQ.

Now last year it was cooooold.

Florida weather in the winter is so messed up. Hi in the 60s one day, and then high in the high 80s or close to 90 the next day. Last February it was cool low humidity nice, the February before that when we went it was hot and humid. Who knows.

Florida weather in the winter is so messed up. Hi in the 60s one day, and then high in the high 80s or close to 90 the next day. Last February it was cool low humidity nice, the February before that when we went it was hot and humid. Who knows.

Then all of a sudden have a day where the high is like 45 and everyone loses their mind

We have been there in both January and February, we found weather a bit warmer in February. After the holiday rush in December we found crowds a little less in mid January but that said we what is going on now I think all times will be harder to book. Our use year starts and I have 2019 deposited points I am hoping they might let me extend them so I can use at resorts of my choice. Anyone hear anything about that.

MLK weekend and Monday is pretty busy in January. I'd pick last week of January or first week in February.

I went Jan 23-30 this year and found it very pleasant (I was coming from MN, so almost any weather is better than MN in January 😆, but it wasn’t hot, and it mostly wasn’t too cool) and I didn’t have too much problem with the crowds

Last two weeks of February are school vacation weeks in the Northeast. People with children in the school system like to escape to warmer climates during this time so the parks will be busier than during the first two weeks.

FWIW, we rescheduled our July trip to next February, for the first half of President’s Week, because it’s our school winter break in NYC. I put our trip from the 12th to the 17th because I think the Princess Marathon is usually at the end of that week.

We were there January 9 to 18 this year and it was busy. Not the slow time of year expected. Some days parks really crowded with big lines. Seemed like all January was that way. HS was a zoo. Have not seen it like that in a long long time. Weather was in the 80s all week with no rain so that was good. Judging by reported crowds throughout the first three months it was crowded allot. So not sure that anything from past will hold true in 2021 so you may as well pick a date that works for you and go for it.

I've been there in Early January, Late January and Early February. Early January still had some lingering Holiday crowds. Not horrible, but not a low crowd time. Late January, for us, was great for crowds, but the weather was not our friend that year (2 years ago). Rain, chilly rain, some wind. I have a good time no matter the weather, but that was a down side to that year. I was just there in Early February of 2020. Very good in terms of crowd size. Not empty, but definitely manageable. Weather was cool and didn't get above 65 -70 during the day, but it was comfortable and fine. By the end of February, you're going to start getting a Spring Break crowd (of course, that's what we all thought this year, too). |Any time of year will have it's plusses and minuses. No matter when you go, I hope you have a great time!

After years of traveling down from Ill. in Jan..we have the last few years gone to WDW in mid Feb....it cost more points...of course but the weather is much nicer for the most part..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter