Jan/Feb or Apr/May 2002

dkfogt

Mouseketeer
Someone help, I am going insane.

Had a tentative trip planned for the first week in Dec 2001 (never been to see the Christmas decorations). THEN we decided to save the December trip for another year and instead, go in Jan or Feb and give the kids Disney stuff for Christmas to take with us on our trip. Now, with Easter being Mar 31 this year, I started thinking about going April27-May8 or so. Our little one will turn 1 on May 1st.
My parents will be going with us for some of the trip, as will my MIL. DH insists on staying at the Boarwalk this time. We also plan on doing the DVC tour when we are down there. I need to nail down a season here...... I can't wait to go, but want to be practical about it too. I figured the first week in Feb would be relatively safe as far as weather goes - don't want it too cold for the little one, who will be 9 months old then. BUT spending her first birthday at WDW would be great AND it will be WARM....

Help........

FYI: My husband and I have 3 daughters - 10yrs, 3yrs, and a 1 mo old.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :earsgirl:

We always go the end of April, first part of May and it is beautiful!!! In all of the years, I cannot remember any rain or any bad weather. The crowds are reasonable, really have never had to wait in long lines. We have our reservations for next year. Let me know if you have any other questions. Be happy to help out!

God for bid if this information changes for next year a/c we will be there.

It depends on what you think "perfect" weather is?? I live where it hardly ever gets over 78* with low to med humidity so 10 days of 89*to 95* with extremely high humidity took a big toll on me.

For me I'd go in late Jan. early FEB. but not only for the cooler weather,but also for the value season and better discounts!!!:p-pink bounce:

Early May might be o.k., but I just returned from a 5 night trip (May 25 - 30) and it was very hot. My dd is 7 months old and it was just to hot for her. I don't think I will ever go back this time of year again. I've already started planning a trip for the week before Christmas and hope it won't be to cold! I think late February/early March is a great time to visit (right before spring break).:D

We went the first two weeks of May in 2000 and it was perfect!!! The weather was warm, without being too hot, no rain at all, very uncrowded...then we decided to go back the first week in January 2001...it was awful. It was absolutely freezing cold, miserable...the crowds were heavier than in May, but not too bad. The weather Made the trip awful and I would not risk going back in Jan again. May is great!!!! :-) Karen

We went during the last week of January 2001 (myself, DH, and DS's ages 5 and 3) and the weather was absolutely perfect. It was a bit cool in the mornings, but we dressed in layers & by noon we were able to walk around in jeans and t-shirts. (It was in the mid-60's or so.) Also, the crowds at that time of year were very slim. We walked right on to most of the popular rides with no more than a 10 minute wait. So, even though the parks close earlier than they would in May, you can do & see more since you don't have to fight the crowds.

Some friends of ours went this May and had a blast, but said it was pretty hot. Their 2 year old was wiped out by noon & complaining of the heat.

Hope this doesn't add to your dilemma! Really though, any time is great at WDW! Good luck deciding! ;)

Sharki68

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter