Jan/Feb in CC

divabydisney

Mouseketeer
Anyone know what the weather is like on Castaway Cay in Jan/Feb? I know they say the average is around 75 but is there a lot of humidity with that? Is it too cool to really swim? We would be coming from up north and snow so 75 sounds heavenly then but just not sure we'd want to sail then if it's too cool for swimming.

Anyone know what the weather is like on Castaway Cay in Jan/Feb? I know they say the average is around 75 but is there a lot of humidity with that? Is it too cool to really swim? We would be coming from up north and snow so 75 sounds heavenly then but just not sure we'd want to sail then if it's too cool for swimming.

We went on the Eastern Caribbean Cruise in January of this year. We were at CC on February 4th. We had wonderful weather (not just saying that because we are from Michigan that was having a snow storm while we were gone)! :lmao:

The sun is really warm down there (especially if your not used to it). It was in the mid to high 70's the whole trip but felt warmer. I believe it was near 80 when we were at CC. It was very warm & tropical paradise. I thought the water was a little cooler in CC than it was in St. Maarten or St. Thomas. There was a ton in the water though.

I highly recommend a cruise in Jan/Feb, especially if you are from a colder state. We are going again next January! :woohoo:

So glad to hear this! I just posted a similar question a few minutes ago...................guess I should have scrolled down. I am from NJ but currently live in Arkansas and 70 degrees in Jersey is a lot different than 70 degress in Arkansas. I wanted to know if swimming would be on the agenda for us too, so thanks!

We took our first cruise ever at the end of January and while in the morning of our day at Castaway Cay it was slightly chilly (still t-shirt weather though) by early afternoon it was plenty warm enough to swim comfortably.

On the 1/14/10 cruise CC was beautiful and sunny. On the 1/8/11 cruise CC was windy, cold [low 60s] and cloudy -- but it was snowing in most of the US that week so still better than at home. I wore a sweatshirt and shorts and relaxed on a lounge chair. We also went out in a paddle boat and the kids & DH rode bikes.

I was just going to post the same question! We're taking a cruise in February during President's week and wanted to know if it's chilly in Orlando and CC during mid-February? I know in the Caribbean it will be warm, but sometimes Orlando and the Bahamas may be chilly. Am I worrying for nothing? :confused3

Jan. 6 2011 waves were so high we couldnt dock. Captain tried three times, but waves were over the dock. So we skipped CC entirely. We were on the Panama cruise so we got an extra 1/2 day in Aruba. Unfortunately, it was my first DCL and I missed CC. Fortunately I have a wonderful husband who let me book again for another chance.

Have been on two DCLs in Feb.
One time the water was so cold you could not put a foot in the water; the other went swimming without problems.
In other words, it depends on the weather and if a cold front is coming though.

We've done at least 7 cruises in Jan/Feb. The best answer I can give is that it's "variable." We've had times when it was in the 80s and lovely (2009, the CMs told us it was the best weather in 2 months). Most of the time it is in the 70s and warm enough to swim. Then there was the time that it was in the 50s--I was on the chair covered up with every towel I'd brought when I had a stern talk with myself about going back to the ship. NO one went near the water that day.

LOL! You know it's bad when the kids won't even go in the water. In January 2011 DH wouldn't let the kids go in the water and the beach was deserted. It wouldn't stop me from taking advantage of another KSF in January if we had the chance though. ;)

We were on the Eastern Caribbean Cruise at the end of January this year too! We sat and talked to a couple of CMs on Serenity Bay, and they were so happy that we had a warm and sunny day! They said it was the first one in a few weeks, so you just never know with the weather that time of year. That said, it was gorgeous the day we were there! The water was calm and warm, and it was sunny, but not too hot or humid. Just perfect. We're going on the Feb 4th Western Caribbean this year and I'm praying that our good weather luck holds!

It was quite chilly last January. For me it was too cold to swim at CC and we were on a double dip.

As tempting as the prices are, I'm ready to scratch it. My kids would be so bummed if they couldn't at least swim. They fell in love with the Dream and we just left. I would book later in the year but seriously, I dont think we could wait that long. :rotfl:

I'm sailing this feb and we are hoping the weather will be nice at cc but if it's not we will just enjoy the ship as it is only a 3 nt cruise. Being from so fla we can have an awesome beach day anytime.

The water is very cold in Jan/Feb and the air isnt much better.

You can get lucky with the air sometimes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter