Jan./Feb. 2016 - Now what?

FairyPrincess8

Earning My Ears
I just booked our room only reservation for early Feb. 2016. We already have flights, trip insurance and I have guide books at the ready.

What are my next steps? I can't make it a package yet and I may switch resorts from POP to a moderate at that point.

Is it worth customizing magic bands or adding magical express now if I may change to a package later?

Thanks for helping a newbie out! :)

As far as the magic bands - they won't ship until 45 days before you leave. So if you change resorts - you will just get magic bands for the new resort. You can add the Magical Express now - that doesn't matter - as long as you are upgrading to a package. If you are cancelling and rebooking then you will just have to add everything again.

I would try to decide which parks you want to go to each day so that you can figure out your fastpasses. That gets done 60 days out.

Have fun and Enjoy!

I have a tentative schedule based on touringplans crowd calendar. Of course, that could change when hours, EMH, etc all come out.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think you've done what can be done at this point. I make our plans based on the crowd calendar, park hours, & events (especially important when we want to stick around for fireworks in the parks), so once park hours are released later this year, you will be able to come up with a tentative timeline of how your days will go. I work our dining and fast pass reservations around things we want to see and do each day. Dining can be made 180 days before your trip, and fast passes can be booked 60 days before since you'll be staying at a Disney resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter