Jan discounts

SweetPeasMom2

DIS Veteran
In the past, what (if any) discounts were offered in early January? Like right after the holidays? I think I remember seeing something before and wishing it was when we were down (always was the 1st weekend in Jan and never a discount at that time).

SweetPeasMom2 said:
In the past, what (if any) discounts were offered in early January? Like right after the holidays? I think I remember seeing something before and wishing it was when we were down (always was the 1st weekend in Jan and never a discount at that time).

We went this past January. The discounts started Jan 5 (the monday after the holiday) it wad the typical 15% off values, 25% off mods, and 30% or 35% off deluxes. I dont remember exactly but it was around there. And of course theres always exclusions.

Its interesting that this year the discount started on the 4th when in years past it started on the 2nd. I wonder if that has anything to do with what day of the week the 1st is on. Or maybe it's just a sign that this is a busier time of the year.

Its interesting that this year the discount started on the 4th when in years past it started on the 2nd. I wonder if that has anything to do with what day of the week the 1st is on. Or maybe it's just a sign that this is a busier time of the year.

I agree. Not only with discounts, but pricing seasons as well. I've noticed holiday rates going through the first few nights of January rather than just through the night of 12/31 or 1/1 like in years past. My opinion is that people wanted to be there over New Years, but didn't want to pay holiday rates, so they checked in on 12/30 or 12/31 and paid those rates for a night or two, but then got value pricing with discounts for the rest of their trip. I have also seen the rate change for the week prior to Christmas as that used to be value season. That always seemed to be a popular week as a lot of people went to take advantage of the Christmas happenings at the World, but avoided the high holiday prices; now the rates are peak with fewer discounts. It was a smart move on Disney's part from a business perspective, but bad for guests wanting to go that time of year without paying a fortune. What used to be slow times are not so slow anymore :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter