• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

jan crowds

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
leaving in 4 days. i see they have been adding more MSEP and longer hours then originally set. has it been more crowded then usual for jan.

nutty4wdw said:
leaving in 4 days. i see they have been adding more MSEP and longer hours then originally set. has it been more crowded then usual for jan.

MLK weekend

Last week was a bit more crowded than expected because a lot of people had flights delayed for several days due to the winter storm. I overheard multiple families scrambling to make hotel arrangements for additional days or talking about how school was cancelled all week so they decided to stay.

You are going to arrive for MLK Jr Day weekend. That is always the most crowded few days in January after the first week of the month.

We have been MLK weekend the last 4 years. The crowds have gotten worse each year. We decided to move our trip to end of Jan/early Feb this year. We shortened it by 2 days so the kids miss less school, but I am hoping crowds will be much better. MK on the Saturday of MLK weekend was horrible, so I'd pick a different park that day. By Tuesday, the crowds begin to thin out.

thanks everyone. yes, i unfortunately am aware of MLK weekend but it was only time we could go. i was worried since they added MSEP and longer hours for later in the week.

Quick question: I was thinking of going sometime between now and the last week in February. Would anyone have an educated guess as to what week in that time span would be the least crowded? Or is there a site I can go to that will give me that information?

Quick question: I was thinking of going sometime between now and the last week in February. Would anyone have an educated guess as to what week in that time span would be the least crowded? Or is there a site I can go to that will give me that information?

If it really is between NOW and the last week of February, tomorrow and Thursday should be pretty empty. However, it will get crowded over the weekend for MLK Jr Day.

If you wait another week after that, the last week of January and first week of February should be pretty slow. After the first week of February, things will slowly start to pickup as the first early school spring breaks begin (a lot of Canadian schools seem to have late February spring breaks), plus Presidents' Day week tends to be very crowded.

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/01-january-2014-crowd-calendar/

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/02-february-2014-crowd-calendar/

Looks like last week of January, first week of February or last week of February would be the best choices.

Hope so... We're heading down Jan. 26th. But it seems to be crowded no matter when we get there!

Jim

We'll be at BLT Jan 26-Feb 1! That week was amongst the top 5 ranked for low crowds I believe, but we've been going at that time for the past 5 years and it has gotten steadily more crowded each year. Still nothing compared to holidays and summer, though of course.

Our kids have 2 days off school that week for end of quarter teacher planning so maybe that adds to the crowds too?

We'll be at BLT Jan 26-Feb 1! That week was amongst the top 5 ranked for low crowds I believe, but we've been going at that time for the past 5 years and it has gotten steadily more crowded each year. Still nothing compared to holidays and summer, though of course.

Our kids have 2 days off school that week for end of quarter teacher planning so maybe that adds to the crowds too?

We're there from 1/26-2/2, also. It's getting crowded already! :)

we're there from 1/25-2/1 It may be more crowded then it use to be but still beats Thanksgiving week, the one time we did tat it was crazy busy to us.

We're arriving MLK weekend. Epcot Sun, HS Mon, then MK Tues. Hoping by Tuesday crowds aren't bad at MK, and hoping for the best at the other parks on Sun/Mon. When we made the plans thought it would be slow, but reading how the weekend can get crowded. We're just going to chill around AOA and DTD/BW on Sat.

Add me to the list too. We are there jan 22 to February 1. We go this time every year. The crowds are lighter than most other times but I still make my dining reservations. This will be my second trip using magicbands. But my first time since the old FP system is gone.

If it really is between NOW and the last week of February, tomorrow and Thursday should be pretty empty. However, it will get crowded over the weekend for MLK Jr Day.

If you wait another week after that, the last week of January and first week of February should be pretty slow. After the first week of February, things will slowly start to pickup as the first early school spring breaks begin (a lot of Canadian schools seem to have late February spring breaks), plus Presidents' Day week tends to be very crowded.

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/01-january-2014-crowd-calendar/

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/02-february-2014-crowd-calendar/

Looks like last week of January, first week of February or last week of February would be the best choices.

Thanks everyone, that is exactly the information I was looking for!

We'll be there 1/29 - 2/2 as well! But I would expect more people from boards liek this to be going at this time than at the busier times, just because of the higher tendancy of someone who is really into researching their trip/planning down to the second finding them. So while there may be lots of DISers there, I'm kind of hoping we're teh majority at the parks!

:wave2: We'll be there Jan 26-Feb 7. When planning, it seemed like the best 2 weeks that fit my DH's requirements:
1) not hot
2) not overcrowded
3) not during hunting season

We will be at AKL 1/25 to 2/1. First time at this time of year. Usually go in May, August, October and December.

Add another to the list! We leave 1/25 :) so excited!!!! Anything will be better than last year over NYE!! We still had a wonderful time, though! My son was only 9 mo, so we were there for the atmosphere, not crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter