Jan arrivals; MB and FP+ info

So for all of us that got to customize last week, when do you think we will receive the MBs? Are they still shipping them right away?

So for all of us that got to customize last week, when do you think we will receive the MBs? Are they still shipping them right away?

I believe they will send them at the beginning of December, since my page said I have until December 7th to change my customization.

RnbwSktles said:

The bands seem to ship the day after your "customize by" date, which is one month before your arrival date.

The bands seem to ship the day after your "customize by" date, which is one month before your arrival date.

Oh, ok. I thought other people had said their bands shipped as soon as they customized, even if they were still within their customization window. Maybe I misunderstood. I am too impatient!

Oh, ok. I thought other people had said their bands shipped as soon as they customized, even if they were still within their customization window. Maybe I misunderstood. I am too impatient!

No, we already did this once during our trip last week, and now I'm customizing my January bands. Your bands ship the day after your window time to customize closes. For exactly if it tells you you can customize until Dec. 12th, you can come back anytime and make changes. Once your time is up, your bands ship the next day. You most likely will get a reminder prior to your time ending, just to remind you to customize. I thought this strange last month when we customized, but after going through it already, I see how it all works. They ship very quickly. You'll get a shipping confirmation and the bands arrive the next day. So if you change your mind on your color or want to put a nickname on your band, you can go back anytime and make changes and click done again.

Do we know if there will still be regular fastpass available in January? It will be our honeymoon, and I really don't like the idea of having everything so planned out.

No, we already did this once during our trip last week, and now I'm customizing my January bands. Your bands ship the day after your window time to customize closes. For exactly if it tells you you can customize until Dec. 12th, you can come back anytime and make changes. Once your time is up, your bands ship the next day. You most likely will get a reminder prior to your time ending, just to remind you to customize. I thought this strange last month when we customized, but after going through it already, I see how it all works. They ship very quickly. You'll get a shipping confirmation and the bands arrive the next day. So if you change your mind on your color or want to put a nickname on your band, you can go back anytime and make changes and click done again.

Gotcha!

Well now that I know I have more time, I wish someone could help me with my split reservation question I asked earlier. I am getting two sets of bands because of that and I would love to have 2 different colors, but not if they don't work at the same time. Can you have 2 active bands?

We are checking in on 1/20 - Just wondering if anyone knows what we need to do . . my daughter is a CM and we will not need to purchase park tickets so how do we schedule our FP+s if it says we need to link it to our park tickets. Looks like all is OK to order our MBs :cool1:

Gotcha!

Well now that I know I have more time, I wish someone could help me with my split reservation question I asked earlier. I am getting two sets of bands because of that and I would love to have 2 different colors, but not if they don't work at the same time. Can you have 2 active bands?

Yes you can!! My daughter and grandkids were with us on our trip last week. She customized and ordered her magic bands prior. Then we kept getting this email telling her to customize. So we ignored it. To her surprise when she checked in there was a box with a set of GREY bands with their names on them, but she had the color version with her. So she took them (don't think she had a choice). Didn't plan to use them, until day 2 when granddaughter took hers off so many times, the pins snapped off. So my daughter took the grey one and gave that one to her. We thought we would have to go to the front desk to activate, so she tried the door and it worked. So I'm guessing not only were the color ones activated, so were the grey ones. Now they did stay at only one resort.

My green band is still activated according to MDE, but I just customized my new band for January. I figured since granddaughter broke hers, I would go ahead and get this new one too in a different color.

Your bands ship the day after your window time to customize closes. You'll get a shipping confirmation and the bands arrive the next day.

My last date for customization is Dec 22. So, am I right to expect they'll ship on the 23rd and arrive on the 24th (Xmas eve)? That would be perfect because we are telling the kids about our trip on Xmas day.

My last date for customization is Dec 22. So, am I right to expect they'll ship on the 23rd and arrive on the 24th (Xmas eve)? That would be perfect because we are telling the kids about our trip on Xmas day.

That's how it should happen, and they've been arriving fedex. You should get a shipping confirmation number the next morning after your date closes. Good luck.....hope it all works out!

We are checking in on 1/20 - Just wondering if anyone knows what we need to do . . my daughter is a CM and we will not need to purchase park tickets so how do we schedule our FP+s if it says we need to link it to our park tickets. Looks like all is OK to order our MBs :cool1:

You will somehow need to link a ticket to be able to book FP+. I am not sure about whether you can do that with a CM comp ticket. Is there a bar code on the ticket that you can scan in with the MDE app?

It might be the case that you are out of luck and won't be able to book FP+ :( (But at least you got free tickets.)

You will somehow need to link a ticket to be able to book FP+. I am not sure about whether you can do that with a CM comp ticket. Is there a bar code on the ticket that you can scan in with the MDE app?

It might be the case that you are out of luck and won't be able to book FP+ :( (But at least you got free tickets.)

I will have my daughter check the comp ticket and maybe able to try once we get there- if not maybe like you said out of luck on FP+ but at least we got free tickets :)

Has anyone seen Electrical Parade as an available FP+ selection for January visitors?

Thank you!

Yes you can!! My daughter and grandkids were with us on our trip last week. She customized and ordered her magic bands prior. Then we kept getting this email telling her to customize. So we ignored it. To her surprise when she checked in there was a box with a set of GREY bands with their names on them, but she had the color version with her. So she took them (don't think she had a choice). Didn't plan to use them, until day 2 when granddaughter took hers off so many times, the pins snapped off. So my daughter took the grey one and gave that one to her. We thought we would have to go to the front desk to activate, so she tried the door and it worked. So I'm guessing not only were the color ones activated, so were the grey ones. Now they did stay at only one resort.

My green band is still activated according to MDE, but I just customized my new band for January. I figured since granddaughter broke hers, I would go ahead and get this new one too in a different color.

Cool! I think I will use my 2nd choice color for our short 2 day reservation in case this doesn't work out. That way I should hopefully have my favorite color for the majority of the stay if I can't use both!

I've been following this thread since we have a short trip planned mid-January. In case you didn't know, there are reports (and confirmations) that starting 11/14 (TOMORROW) guests at the Pop will receive Magic Bands only. If you didn't customizing, you'll get gray. If and only if you insist, will you be issued a KTTW card! and it will be stripless so no FP-.

Rumors (not official, nothing confirmed) are that all the other resorts will follow suit. Many are guessing by the holidays or by January 6 when "testing" is ending, it will be fully rolled out this way. This will affect all us January trippers! The only hope is the CM hub does show an end date of November 19, so it may be a quick short test. But that doesn't mean it won't roll out again, and quite quickly! Just an FYI to help with all the planning.

Edit: confirmed the test will NOT be ending November 19, just the notice disappearing. It is well expected that the other resorts will start being added November 19th

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Has anyone seen Electrical Parade as an available FP+ selection for January visitors?

Thank you!

You won't see them until much closer to around the first of January if they continue to follow suit. My November Wishes/MSEP FP+ were not available until November 1st.

I've been following this thread since we have a short trip planned mid-January. In case you didn't know, there are reports (and confirmations) that starting 11/14 (TOMORROW) guests at the Pop will receive Magic Bands only. If you didn't customizing, you'll get gray. If and only if you insist, will you be issued a KTTW card! and it will be stripless so no FP-.

Rumors (not official, nothing confirmed) are that all the other resorts will follow suit. Many are guessing by the holidays or by January 6 when "testing" is ending, it will be fully rolled out this way. This will affect all us January trippers! The only hope is the CM hub does show an end date of November 19, so it may be a quick short test. But that doesn't mean it won't roll out again, and quite quickly! Just an FYI to help with all the planning.

Edit: confirmed the test will NOT be ending November 19, just the notice disappearing. It is well expected that the other resorts will start being added November 19th

Yes, I read that thread too and face it, they have to start somewhere. I was expecting it to be "live" by the time we arrive in January. Since we just returned last weekend, we fully participated in the good, the bad, and the ugly. I found it worked better each day and the lines at guest relations got shorter each day. While we did "double dip" one time, and that was for our family who was not moving too quickly one moring, we never really bothered with it. Heck there were times we never even used the FP+ choices we had. We did hear alot of bragging at the pool one day of the double and triple dipping -- seems you could get a fp for your room card and your plastic park ticket. (we knew that too). Granted some of the issues with Pop going "cardless" starting tomorrow is the fact that others will be double dipping, while Pop guest have to play by the intended rules. Yes, while we were there, we heard CMs telling guest that they should not be pulling FP- when the CMs would see the MBs, and other CMs could care less. This is a transistion period, and I sure hope it settles down by the time we get there late January. I do have to say, the hard part is trying to get someone to help you when all doesn't go correctly. I took names during my last trip and there was one CM in particular that helped us so much, I wanted to make sure I did a letter of appreciation for him.

Yes, I read that thread too and face it, they have to start somewhere. I was expecting it to be "live" by the time we arrive in January. Since we just returned last weekend, we fully participated in the good, the bad, and the ugly. I found it worked better each day and the lines at guest relations got shorter each day. While we did "double dip" one time, and that was for our family who was not moving too quickly one moring, we never really bothered with it. Heck there were times we never even used the FP+ choices we had. We did hear alot of bragging at the pool one day of the double and triple dipping -- seems you could get a fp for your room card and your plastic park ticket. (we knew that too). Granted some of the issues with Pop going "cardless" starting tomorrow is the fact that others will be double dipping, while Pop guest have to play by the intended rules. Yes, while we were there, we heard CMs telling guest that they should not be pulling FP- when the CMs would see the MBs, and other CMs could care less. This is a transistion period, and I sure hope it settles down by the time we get there late January. I do have to say, the hard part is trying to get someone to help you when all doesn't go correctly. I took names during my last trip and there was one CM in particular that helped us so much, I wanted to make sure I did a letter of appreciation for him.

My point was to be prepared for using FP+ or no FP at all, not really about the double dipping, and it was meant for those that had recently asked if FP- was still going to be available (likely not) and for the person with the comp ticket who may have other difficulties or ease, depending how it all works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter